Famous Quotes About Warring
Browse 39 famous quotes and sayings about Warring.
Top Quotes About Warring
1. "When you fight with God, your warring against your pride."
Author: Anthony Liccione
2. "There are but two states to the primitive mind: warring and boring."
Author: Anthony Marais
3. "Society cannot share a common communication system so long as it is split into warring factions."
Author: Bertolt Brecht
4. "Heads of warring nations could learn a lot about how to achieve lasting peace by watching dogs and cats who live in the same house."
Author: Blaize Clement
5. "I've done a lot of training in martial arts. I started out in warring tempo, I did sports jujitsu, and I've also practiced extreme martial arts."
Author: Booboo Stewart
6. "The ground went out from under her. She sucked in a breath, flailing for balance. Arms came around her waist from behind, jerking her back, keeping her feet in the air.She fought, feeling his chest at her back, but he was too strong."Damn it," he said, his voice strained. "Do you want to go in the water?"That forced her still. Red and white lights still hung in the distance, warring with the stars. Now that she wasn't running the sound of waves hitting the rocks was unmistakable.And right in front of her."The water?" she said numbly.He put her feet on the ground, but he didn't let her go. "Yeah. Water. Did you miss the part where I said we're parked on a peninsula?"
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
7. "Choose your battles wisely. After all, life isn't measured by how many times you stood up to fight. It's not winning battles that makes you happy, but it's how many times you turned away and chose to look into a better direction. Life is too short to spend it on warring. Fight only the most, most, most important ones, let the rest go."
Author: C. JoyBell C.
8. "It was the pivotal teaching of Pluthero Quexos, the most celebrated dramatist of the Second Dominion, that in any fiction, no matter how ambitious its scope or profound its theme, there was only ever room for three players. Between warring kings, a peacemaker; between adoring spouses, a seducer or a child. Between twins, the spirit of the womb. Between lovers, Death. Greater numbers might drift through the drama, of course -- thousands in fact -- but they could only ever be phantoms, agents, or, on rare occasions, reflections of the three real and self-willed beings who stood at the center. And even this essential trio would not remain intact; or so he taught. It would steadily diminish as the story unfolded, three becoming two, two becoming one, until the stage was left deserted."
Author: Clive Barker
9. "That afternoon She listened to the grievances of the dead from two warring nations. Both sides had suffered, both sides had legitimate grievances, both pled their cases earnestly. She covered Her ears and moaned in misery. She knew Her humans were multidimensional and She could no longer live under the rigid architecture of Her youthful choices."
Author: David Eagleman
10. "The air was stifling, but he liked it because it was stifling city air, full of excitingly unpleasant smells, dangerous music, and the distant sound of warring police tribes."
Author: Douglas Adams
11. "Ministers of God's choosing are engaged in a great work. They are warring not merely against men, but Satan and his angels."
Author: Ellen G. White
12. "If we were bees, ants, or Lacedaemonian| warriors, to whom personal fear does not exist and cowardice is the most shameful thing in the world, warring would go on forever. But luckily we are only men — and cowards."
Author: Erwin Schrodinger
13. "A peaceful soul haunts the warring mind."
Author: Iimani David
14. "Much of the Wild had been lost, so that to them the Wild was the unknown, the terrible, the ever menacing and ever warring. But to him, in appearance and action and impulse, still clung the Wild."
Author: Jack London
15. "Peace is only possible when one of the warring sides takes the first step, the hazardous initiative, the risk of opening up dialogue, and decides to make the gesture that will lead not only to an armistice but to peace."
Author: Jacques Derrida
16. "Consider this argument another wedge served from the malodorous pie known as "My way is Right," the dessert of choice for politicians, religious leaders, and warring pastry chefs."
Author: Jeff Deck
17. "So although in Genesis 2, ezer is often translated "helper" or "helpmeet," its meaning includes far more. Woman is Man's ezer- she is a delivering, warring, supporting, shielding, capable, and vibrant female image bearer of God."
Author: Jonalyn Fincher
18. "David and I were big. Are big. But the broken, beat-up, warring, loving, beautiful, truthful world is bigger than us by far."
Author: Karen Halvorsen Schreck
19. "Many historians contend that Laozi actually lived in the 4th century BC, which was the period of Hundred Schools of Thought and Warring States Period, while others contend he was a mythical figure. Laozi was credited with"
Author: Lao Tzu
20. "Tonight - I am alone in the night,a homeless and sleepless nun!Tonight I hold all the keys to thisthe only capital cityand lack of sleep guides me on my path.You are so lovely, my dusky Kremlin!Tonight I put my lips to the breastof the whole round and warring earth.Now I feel hair - like fur - standing on end:the stifling winds blow straight into my soul.Tonight I feel compassion for everyone,those who are pitied, along with those who are kissed."
Author: Marina Tsvetaeva
21. "Bob Marley performed the 'One Love Peace' concert in Jamaica with the two different warring political sides. There's always been that in black music and culture in general. It's no surprise because black music is such a reflection of what's going on in black life. It's not unusual for hip-hop."
Author: Mos Def
22. "Two tires fly. Two Wail.A bamboo grove, all chopped downFrom it, warring songs."
Author: Neal Stephenson
23. "Masses of warring men animated the horizon, crashing into stubborn ranks, churning in melee. The air didn't so much thunder as hiss with the sound of distant battle, like a sea heard through a conch shell, Martemus thought—an angry sea. Winded, he watched the first of Conphas's assassins stride up behind Prince Kellhus, raise his short-sword …There was an impossible moment—a sharp intake of breath.The Prophet simply turned and caught the descending blade between his thumb and forefinger. "No," he said, then swept around, knocking the man to the turf with an unbelievable kick. Somehow the assassin's sword found its way into his left hand. Still crouched, the Prophet drove it down through the assassin's throat, nailing him to the turf.A mere heartbeat had passed."
Author: R. Scott Bakker
24. "We Catholics have not only to do our best to keep down our own warring passions and live decent lives, which will often be hard enough in this odd world we have been born into. We have to bear witness to moral principles which the world owned yesterday and has begun to turn its back on today. We have to disapprove of some of the things our neighbors do, without being stuffy about it; we have to be charitable towards our neighbors and make great allowances for them, without falling into the mistake of condoning their low standards and so encouraging them to sin. Two of the most difficult and delicate tasks a man can undertake; and it happens, nowadays, not only to priests, to whom it comes as part of their professional duty, but to ordinary lay people...So we must know what are the unalterable principles we hold, and why we hold them; we must see straight in a world that is full of moral fog."
Author: Ronald A. Knox
25. "The West hasn't reached its universal state as yet, although its close to it, but it certainly has evolved out of its warring state phase, which it was in for a couple of centuries."
Author: Samuel P. Huntington
26. "I lowered my phone, hope and anger warring for control of my emotions. As always, it was easier to let anger win. I turned back to Sylvester. "You threw him out?" I asked, in a low dangerous tone. "I was asleep for almost eleven hours, and you threw him out?""October, I told you we had asked him -""No. 'We asked him to leave so you can rest' only works if I was asleep for four hours, or six, or maybe eight, although me sleeping for eight hours when I'm not injured or drugged is such a perishingly rare event that he should have been sitting next to the bed with a bowl of popcorn. Do you understand me? I was poisoned. This stuff is poison to changelings, and the man I love wanted to be with me, and you sent him away. You kept him away from me for eleven hours, and you didn't tell him what was going on. I know you meant well. But can either of you tell me how in the hell you could believe that was right?"
Author: Seanan McGuire
27. "Não existe maior decepção do que damos-nos conta que não fomos capazes de descobrir a um grande e fiel amigo que sempre esteve presente. Sempre presente, ao nosso lado e sem sequer darmos algum valor. Isso acontece porque os amigos de verdade não precisam de brilhar para serem vistos, os amigos de verdade simplesmente estão. Nos e que devemos ter essa perspicácia de puder descobri-los. Obrigado querida amiga solidão por não me teres decepcionado nunca! Autor: Sergio Correia. Warrington, 20/08/2012Portuguese"
Author: Sergio Figueira Correia
28. "No hay mayor decepción en la vida que darnos cuenta de que fuimos incapaces de enterarnos de un grande e leal amigo que siempre estuvo allí a nuestro lado, a nuestro lado toda una vida. Un amigo siempre presente e sin siquiera darle algún valor o atención. Eso se debe a que los verdaderos amigos no necesitan de brillar para que sean vistos. Nosotros si que tenemos que tener esa percepción para poder descubrir-los. Gracias querida amiga soledad por no haberme decepcionado nunca!Autor: Sergio Correia.Warrington, 20.08.2012"
Author: Sergio Figueira Correia
29. "Amor eterno,A distância é a força vital da minha vida ela e a magia do nosso amor. Gracas a ela pode voltar a mar-te, a distancia. Por favor vai para bem longe de mim que tenho medo de perder-te. Não te aproximes por favor, não destruas o nosso amor. So a distancia logrou devolver-nos o amor que ja nao existia. Por favor não voltes nunca mais, Porque nos os dois acabamos de descobrir a essência do nosso amor. A distancia levou o nosso amor a eternidade! Amor eterno que só a distancia logrou ressuscitar. Autor: Sergio Correia.Warrington, 24.08.2012"
Author: Sergio Figueira Correia
30. "Somos maduros cuando elegimos vivir una vida a solo para no herimos a nadie. Somos maduros cuando asumimos que debemos vivir una vida a solos porque seriamos capaces de hacer a alguien feliz. Porque en esta vida sólo a amo aquel que nunca conoció el amor. Amar? solo amó aquel nunca tuvo la intención de lastimar a nadie, porque un día más tarde descubrimos que el amor verdadero es aquel que sentimos por nosotros mismos.Autor: Sergio Correia.Warrington, 20.08.2012Spanish"
Author: Sergio Figueira Correia
31. "I never saw Death before, and now I seeThat it is warring eyes in a woman's form."
32. "Let dangers go; thy war shall be with me,But such a war, as breaks no bonds of peace.Speak thou fair words, I'll cross them with fair words;Send thou sweet looks, I'll meet them with sweet looks;Write loving lines, I'll answer loving lines;Give me a kiss, I'll countercheck thy kiss.Be this our warring peace, or peaceful war."
Author: Thomas Kyd
33. "It's in our nature to want to watch our human frailties played out on a huge, epic canvas. Ancient societies had anthropomorphic gods: a huge pantheon expanding into centuries of dynastic drama: fathers and sons, star-crossed lovers, warring brothers, martyred heroes. Tales that taught us the danger of hubris and the primacy of humility. It's the everyday stuff of everyman's life, but it's writ large, and we love it."
Author: Tom Hiddleston
34. "There is no great religion without a great schism. All of them have it. And that's because you're dealing with something called faith. And faith is not something you can prove; faith is personal opinion. Uh, when you're dealing with something with certainty, like, y'know, science or logic, you don't have the--there's no wiggle room; that's why history is not filled with warring math cults, y'know, because you can settle the issue; you can prove something to be right or wrong, and that's the end of the argument: next case. Whereas, when you're dealing with faith, you can forever argue your point, or another point, because you're dealing with intangibles. Personally, I think, faith is what you ask of somebody when you don't have the goods to prove your point."
Author: Tom Quinn
35. "In these times, in this harsh, rude, warring world that we live in, where most of the bloodshed is 'My god is greater than your god,' and we're fighting in the name of our god, we have to find a way to peaceably coexist, spiritually."
Author: Vera Farmiga
36. "Decades ago, our ancestors realized that it is not just political ideology, religious belief, race, or nationalism that is to blame for a warring world. Rather, they determined that it was the fault of human personality - of humankind's inclination towards evil, in whatever form that is. They divided into factions that sought to eradicate those qualities they believed responsible for the world's disarray."
Author: Veronica Roth
37. "One ever feels his twoness - an American, a Negro; two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."
Author: W. E. B. Du Bois
38. "After the Egyptian and Indian, the Greek and Roman, the Teuton and Mongolian, the Negro is a sort of seventh son, born with a veil, and gifted with second-sight in this American world,—a world which yields him no true self-consciousness, but only lets him see himself through the revelation of the other world. It is a peculiar sensation, this double-consciousness, this sense of always looking at one's self through the eyes of others, of measuring one by the tape of a world that looks on in amused contempt and pity. One ever feels his two-ness,—an American, a Negro... two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder.The history of the American Negro is the history of this strife, — this longing to attain self-conscious manhood, to merge his double self into a better and truer self."
Author: W.E.B. Du Bois
39. "Marxism is not necessarily what Karl Marx wrote in Das Kapital, but whatever it is that all the warring sects believe, who claim to be the faithful. From the gospels you cannot deduce the history of Christianity, nor from the Constitution the political history of America. It is Das Kapital as conceived, the gospels as preached and the preachment as understood, the Constitution as interpreted and administered, to which you have to go."
Author: Walter Lippmann
Quotes About Warring Pictures