Famous Quotes About Watching Movies
Browse 51 famous quotes and sayings about Watching Movies.
Top Quotes About Watching Movies
1. "I turn on the TV sometimes, start watching something and think: 'This seems quite good, a bit familiar.' Then I realise... It's one of my movies. It's a pretty odd feeling."
Author: Alan Parker
2. "I loved Jack because of every little thing about him. The way he laughed, the way he made me smile, the way he'd stay up until nine in the morning watching zombie movies he'd seen a hundred times, and the way he could never hold a grudge. I loved him because I loved him, not because it was fate or destiny or in my blood, We had chosen each other, and that felt more powerful and more magical."
Author: Amanda Hocking
3. "I always hated watching movies where the couple falls so hard and so fast. I had always thought that was too good to be true. Things like that didn't happen in real life. But here I was so wrapped up in a guy that I had known for a little over a week."
Author: Amanda Stone
4. "As a general man I tried watching movies, playing sports, going to picnics and other entertainments but I still got bored, then I tried heroism and now I am hero, and I never get bored."
Author: Amit Kalantri
5. "Before I was shot, I always thought that I was more half-there than all-there – I always suspected that I was watching TV instead of living life. People sometimes say that the way things happen in movies is unreal, but actually it's the way things happen in life that's unreal. The movies make emotions look so strong and real, whereas when things really do happen to you, it's like watching television – you don't feel anything. Right when I was being shot and ever since, I knew that I was watching television. The channels switch, but it's all television."
Author: Andy Warhol
6. "Being a kid growing up with Kurosawa films and watching Sergio Leone movies just made me love what it could do to you, and how it could influence you - make you dream."
Author: Antoine Fuqua
7. "Watching movies simply is a promiscuous experience. The voracity it breeds! That quantity of quiddity compressed and quickened and sent at you! It's a little bit mad, isn't it, to hold a faithful flame for the one you've picked, when no such choice is required of you? The sane response to a rainbow is not to pick your favourite colour."
Author: Antonia Quirke
8. "She reached down to help him stand. "Where did you learn that move?" he asked."From an old movie on TV," said Buffy proudly. "I think it starred somebody - Flynn, or maybe what's-his-name - Lancaster, I forget which. Are we done?""No, we must complete the session." He rubbed his back and groaned. "As difficult as that might prove to be.""Okay! But don't say I didn't warn you - I've been watching a lot of old movies lately.""I was afraid of that." Stiffly, Giles assumed a fighting position. "This is called a wombat stance-""Looks more like a drunken squirrel to me," Buffy giggled."
Author: Arthur Byron Cover
9. "I like flawed characters very much. A lot of times I get asked to do parts that are kind of small but key - three-scene roles that are three kick-ass scenes. Growing up, watching as many movies as I did, I was always into character actors like that."
Author: Bobby Cannavale
10. "I find that you learn from others. It's very much about watching TV and watching movies for me and grasping that way and watching other people act."
Author: Callan McAuliffe
11. "My place of refuge is definitely watching movies and playing video games. I know that's kind of hard to fathom."
Author: Cam Newton
12. "I like to go out, but sometimes it's nice to stay cozy at home, watching movies or TV, especially early in the week."
Author: Charlotte Ronson
13. "For eight-and-a-half years, I was just watching movies, and just staying in bed and just eating food and just, you know, being just miserable."
Author: Corey Haim
14. "We always watched horror movies. As a child I remember sitting up into the early hours of the morning watching horror movies with my father. I still watch horror movies and read horror novels because they remind me of "home." Nostalgia, you could say."
Author: Damien Echols
15. "I think that came out of watching all those serious movies for all that time. If you watch a movie like Zero Hour, Sterling Hayden is pretty funny, and so are the guys in the cockpit."
Author: David Zucker
16. "I love watching Hollywood movies - I just don't know if I'd be happy doing a 'Jurassic Park.'"
Author: Frances O'Connor
17. "Red pill or blue pill? If only it were that simple. You've been watching the wrong movies."
Author: H.M. Forester
18. "I met Will Smith twice. I didn't talk to him for too long but I was trying to let him know that my age group grew up watching him - he was the coolest guy on television and the coolest guy in movies."
Author: J. Cole
19. "Besides writing music and surfing, I like to simply chill with my friends. Watching movies and going out to eat are often my prime choices for a day off."
Author: James Maslow
20. "I get star-struck anytime I meet performers that I grew up watching and appreciating. I mean, it's still incredibly surreal to me that I was a kid in San Antonio watching movies and then now I'm working with some of the people that were in those movies. I don't think it'll ever stop being surreal on some level."
Author: James Roday
21. "Ironically, I grew up watching Indian movies as a kid in Russia. I am quite familiar with Bollywood. I grew up watching 'Disco Dancer;' I watched it some 20 times as a kid."
Author: Jan Koum
22. "I will admit it sometimes felt strange to me to make the confession to someone and later catch them laughing, or flirting, or eating a sandwich, instead of tearing at the injustice of it all or sitting quietly at the center of a grand and monstrous grief. The disaster of my life might be only the worst thing another person heard that afternoon; they might have forgotten by dinnertime; they might have been more heartbroken by watching certain movies."
Author: Jennifer DuBois
23. "Toward the end of school I started watching movies. Got a job in a movie theater in Brookline, Massachusetts."
Author: Jim McKay
24. "It had not occured to me to mourn losing those things until now. I had done each of those things, somewhere along the way, for a last time - without realizing it was the last time. And even after I knew that I was no longer a child, somehow I'd assumed those things could have come back to me. Or that I could have gone back to them. But watching the movies on this day, I became aware of infinite losses."
Author: Katherine Center
25. "I loved growing up and going to haunted houses and being scared. I loved watching 'The Exorcist,' 'Candyman' and all sorts of scary movies."
Author: Katie Featherston
26. "If your heart takes more pleasure in reading novels, or watching TV, or going to the movies, or talking to friends, rather than just sitting alone with God and embracing Him, sharing His cares and His burdens, weeping and rejoicing with Him, then how are you going to handle forever and ever in His presence...? You'd be bored to tears in heaven, if you're not ecstatic about God now!"
Author: Keith Green
27. "I'm obsessed with zombies. I like watching zombie movies and I read zombie books."
Author: Kevin Bacon
28. "You know, while you're off sexercizing, I'll be sitting here all by my lonesome watching lame ass lifetime movies."
Author: Kimberly Spencer
29. "It's not like I sit around watching my movies again and again, but I've never quite believed actors when they say they don't watch themselves."
Author: Kristen Stewart
30. "These religious types were the fans that Jesus seems to have the most trouble with. Fans who will walk into a restaurant and bow their heads to pray before a meal just in case someone is watching. Fans who won't go to R-rated movies at the theater, but have a number of them saved on their DVR at home. Fans who may feed the hungry and help the needy, and then they make sure they work it into every conversation for the next two weeks. Fans who make sure people see them put in their offering at church, but they haven't considered reaching out to their neighbor who lost a job and can't pay the bills. Fans who like seeing other people fail because in their minds it makes them look better. Fans whose primary concern in raising their children is what other people think. Fans who are reading this and assuming I'm describing someone else. Fans who have worn the mask for so long they have fooled even themselves."
Author: Kyle Idleman
31. "I wouldn't say no to becoming a Bond girl. Making it in Hollywood has been my dream ever since I was little, watching Marilyn Monroe movies. To star in a Bond movie would be bliss on a stick."
Author: Laura Haddock
32. "My story is about all I got to my name right now, and that's why I feel robbed. But a story's a whole lot more than most people got. All you people watching out there, you're listening to what I say because I have something you don't: I got plot. Bought and paid for. That's what all you people want, and why you're sucking off me. You want my plot. I know how you feel too, since hey, I used to feel the same way. TV and video games and movies and computer screens... On April 8th, 1999, I jumped into the screen, I switched to watchee. Ever since, I've known what my life is about. I give good story. It may have been kinda gory, but admit it, you all loved it. You ate it up. Nuts, I ought to be on some government payroll. Without people like me, the whole country would jump off a bridge, 'cause the only thing on TV is some housewife on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? winning $64,000 for remembering the name of the president's dog."
Author: Lionel Shriver
33. "I like 'Star Wars.' I mean, I don't go to the conventions and dress up like Obi-Wan Kenobi or anything, but I like watching the movies."
Author: Mackenzie Rosman
34. "I have a really hard time watching gory stuff and horror movies. I have said no to some horror movie things. I wouldn't rule it out; I could probably be convinced to do one. But sometimes, I just get ill."
Author: Marin Ireland
35. "In LA I was watching At the Movies with Ebert and Roper, it was, nice to see them differentiate between the subject matter and the art form of making the film, and they both gave it thumbs up, and I was kind of pleased at their honesty as far as reviewers go."
Author: Michael Berryman
36. "[on what interests him as a moviegoer] I'm interested in seeing films that confront me with new things, with films that make me question myself, with films that help me to reflect on subjects that I hadn't thought about before, films that help me progress and advance. Those are the kinds of films that interest me. For me, personally, I think watching a movie that simply confirms my feelings is a waste of time. That applies not only to movies, but also to books and every form of art."
Author: Michael Haneke
37. "It creeps up on you and becomes an obsession. It comes out of watching a million movies."
Author: Mike Leigh
38. "I am actually really boring and I lead a quiet life. I love being at home, cooking for my boys, watching movies and I like nothing better than to go to bed early with a book."
Author: Patsy Kensit
39. "I don't even like watching sex scenes in movies. I have a slight prudish side to me."
Author: Portia De Rossi
40. "We grew up as kids watching those movies and we were exposed to themes of civil rights, unfairness, bigotry and fathers struggling against the kind of mob of the town, so you remember how you felt as a kid being taken seriously, that you are part of the human drama."
Author: Rachel Griffiths
41. "I feel like people want to be surprised when they get out of the movies. They want something thrown at them they didn't expect. They want stuff that reminds them of the feelings that you get when you're watching art house movies but with the fun of like a big summer movie. That's the goal, I guess."
Author: Rian Johnson
42. "It's like everybody is obsessed with Hollywood movies worldwide. And even though everybody hates the Americans, they're still watching American movies."
Author: Roland Emmerich
43. "Comedy is really best when watched with other people, and I don't really understand people who sit at home watching comedy movies on Netflix."
Author: Scott Aukerman
44. "I'm really visually stimulated more than anything. I don't really listen to music. I'm more into watching telly or watching movies and visual art."
Author: Sia Furler
45. "I was feeling rational and restless, which is horrible for watching movies"
Author: Sinclair Lewis
46. "I love watching foreign films on my projector at home along with my closely knit group of friends and family. I also love to dissect movies and discuss them with my friends who are movie buffs."
Author: Terence Lewis
47. "I figure you're only here for a matter of moments. Ever since I was a kid watching movies I've always wanted to make people laugh or have some sort of emotional reaction."
Author: Tim Conway
48. "Kiowa who saw it happen said it was like watching a rock fall, or a big sandbag or something-Just Boom-then down. Not like in the movies where the dead guy rolls around and does fancy spins and goes ass over teakettle-not like that. Kiowa said. The bastard just flat fuck fell. Boom down. Nothing else."
Author: Tim O'Brien
49. "Who cut him?' Sam liked saying things like 'Who cut him?' It reminded him of being a kid and watching prison movies, which is probably why prisoners talked like that, too."
Author: Tod Goldberg
50. "A person has all sorts of lags built into him Kesey is saying. Once the most basic is the sensory lag the lag between the time your senses receive something and you are able to react. One-thirtieth of a second is the time it takes if you are the most alert person alive and most people are a lot slower than that.... You can't go any faster than that... We are all doomed to spend the rest of our lives watching a movies of our lives - we are always acting on what has just finished happening. It happened at least 1 30th of a second ago. We think we are in the present but we aren't. The present we know is only a movies of the past and we will really never be able to control the present through ordinary means."
Author: Tom Wolfe
Quotes About Watching Movies Pictures