Famous Quotes About Wearing Glasses
Browse 28 famous quotes and sayings about Wearing Glasses.
Top Quotes About Wearing Glasses
1. "Depression was like wearing tinted glasses and looking through them changed one's perception dramatically. A fancy new house could be construed as a bunch of boards nailed together."
Author: A.J. Gallant
2. "Wearing glasses for reading meant surrendering to old age without the least bit of a fight."
Author: Andrea Camilleri
3. "Article 100: "When pulling up to a stoplight, a Bro lowers his window so that all might enjoy his music selection."Corollary: "If there happens to be a hot chick driving the car next to the Bro, the Bro shall put his sunglasses down to get a better look. If he's not wearing his sunglasses, he will first put them on, then pull down to get a better look."
Author: Barney Stinson
4. "Don't sit there watching TV without your glasses! Do you want to ruin your eyes?!""My opthalmologist says that not wearing glasses cannot hurt the eyes even if those glasses are badly needed for adequate vision.""What does your opthalmologist think of the foreign situation?"
Author: Charles M. Schulz
5. "Right now, all white people are either wearing or coveting a pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarer sunglasses. These sunglasses are so popular now that you cannot swing a canvas bag at a farmer's market without hitting a pair. In fact, at outdoor gatherings you should count the number of Wayfarers so you can determine exactly how white the event is. If you see no Wayfarers you are either at a country music concert or you are indoors."
Author: Christian Lander
6. "JENNET: They also say that I bring back the past; For instance Helen comes Brushing the maggots from her eyes, And, clearing here throat of the dust of several thousand years She says "I loved ..."; but cannot any longer Remember names. Sad Helen. Or Alexander, wearing His imperial cobwebs and breastplate of shining worms Wakens and looks for his glasses, to find the empire Which he knows he put beside his bed."
Author: Christopher Fry
7. "The bat was looking at Theo and Theo was having trouble following his own thoughts.The bat was wearing tiny sunglasses.Ray Bans,Theo could see by the trademark in the corner of one lens."I'm sorry, Mr.,uh- Case, could you take the bat off your head.It's very distracting."Him."Pardon?"It's a him.Roberto.He no like the light."
Author: Christopher Moore
8. "Wearing sunglasses at night hurts your eyes after a while."
Author: Corey Hart
9. "Sunglasses are great, but I always feel a bit pretentious wearing sunglasses. I mean, I do love to wear them."
Author: Daphne Guinness
10. "The store is also lit to the point of painfulness by a ceiling loaded with more fluorescent bulbs than a landing mothership. Shielding my headachey eyes, I make my consumer choices, then head to the counter, where the clerk is wearing sunglasses. I pay the clerk with a five-dollar bill on which I have felt-penned the words:I AM AFRAID OF THE DARK AGES."
Author: Douglas Coupland
11. "Stuffed deer heads on walls are bad enough, but it's worse when you see them wearing dark glasses, having streamers around their necks and a hat on their antlers. Because then you know they were enjoying themselves at a party when they were shot."
Author: Ellen DeGeneres
12. "In Russia, as I sat there day after day wearing headphones, listening to the interpreter struggle to make our words relevant, I wondered if we could establish meaningful rapport with a nation that had never seen raisins dance in dark glasses on TV...never had a garage sale."
Author: Erma Bombeck
13. "It was really strange to see all these apes standing around eating popcorn, smoking, wearing sunglasses."
Author: Estella Warren
14. "Goodness gracious me,' exclaimed Alexia, 'what are you wearing? It looks like the unfortunate progeny of an illicit union between a pair of binoculars and some opera glasses. What on earth are they called, binocticals, spectoculars?"
Author: Gail Carriger
15. "If a night-moth were to concentrate its will on flying to a star or some equally unattainable object, it wouldn't succeed. Only, it wouldn't even try in the first place. A moth confines its search to what has sense and value for it, what it needs, what is indispensable to its life... if I imagined that I wanted under all circumstances to get to the North Pole, then to achieve it I would have to desire it strongly enough that my whole being was ruled by it. But if I were to decide to will that the pastor should stop wearing his glasses, it would be useless. That would be making a game of it."
Author: Hermann Hesse
16. "- Ahh... I've never seen that before.- What?- Someone wearing glasses up here.- Really? Then that should tell how urgent the situation is.Boris Ivanowich to Kate Mishima, on board of ISS"
Author: Hiroki Endo
17. "I look most like myself... when I'm wearing my black, nerdy engineering glasses."
Author: Junot Diaz
18. "Wes knocks a couple of times, but Adam doesn't answer. "Jackpot," he says, kneeling down to examine the lock. He takes the bundle of wire from his pocket and proceeds to make a key of sorts."You're not going to break in?" I ask."Well, um, yeah. Kimmie rolls her eyes, as if the answer's completely obvious.Wes sticks his key into the lock and starts to jiggle it back and forth. A moment later, the doorknob turns. Only, Wes isn't the one turning it.Piper then whips the door open. "Oh, my god," she says, smacking her chest like we've scared her, too. "We were looking for Adam." I peek past her into the apartment."He isn't here," she says, glaring up at Wes, no doubt annoyed that he's attempting to pick the lock."Would you believe that I dropped the contact?" he asks, before finally getting up."Not likely, since you're wearing glasses." Kimmie bops him on the head with her Tupperware purse."
Author: Laurie Faria Stolarz
19. "I have had to come to terms with wearing glasses."
Author: Lucinda Williams
20. "The Proclaimers thunder through my head.Imagine it.Imagine killing someone to the tune of two Scottish nerds wearing glasses and flattop haircuts. How will I ever listen to that song again? What will I do if it comes on the radio? I'll think of the night I murdered another man and stole his life with my own hands."
Author: Markus Zusak
21. "Being sick feels like you're wearing someone else's glasses"
Author: Megan Boyle
22. "I could see their menfolk patrolling nervously up and down toting sub-machine guns and draped in cartridge belts. They were wearing their trademark sunglasses, those gold rimmed feminine accessories which should look comic on a man but instead manage to look as sinister as the wedding dresses and blonde wigs worn by Liberia's drugged fighters. They are the modern equivalent of the wooden masks donned around night fires by warriors preparing to do battle, which turn their wearers into something utterly alien -- faceless instruments of violence capable of unspeakable acts."
Author: Michela Wrong
23. "She serves me a piece of it a few minutesout of the oven. A little steam risesfrom the slits on top. Sugar and spice -cinnamon - burned into the crust.But she's wearing these dark glassesin the kitchen at ten o'clockin the morning - everything nice -as she watches me break offa piece, bring it to my mouth,and blow on it. My daughter's kitchen,in winter. I fork the pie inand tell myself to stay out of it.She says she loves him. No waycould it be worse."
Author: Raymond Carver
24. "I'm not a fan of 3D as an audience member. I'm too old for it. I don't like wearing the glasses over my glasses."
Author: Ronald Meyer
25. "Pulling out his daggers, he kept them in his sleeves, just in case he happened upon someone who wouldn't understand why a tall, dark-haired man wearing really dark sunglasses and unseasonably warm clothing would be armed to his fangs. Really, Officer, I was trying to protect humanity by killing these things that suck human souls out to live past their twenty-seventh birthday just didn't cut it. Why no one would believe that, he couldn't imagine. Really, the audacity of modern courts and judges.' – Sundown"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
26. "Luxury cruises were designed to make something unbearable (a two week transatlantic crossing) seem bearable. There's no need to do it now, there are planes. You wouldn't take a vacation where you ride on a stage coach for two months but there's all-you-can-eat shrimp. You wouldn't take a vacation where you had an old-timey appendectomy without anesthesia while steel drums play. You might take a vacation while riding on a camel for two days IF they gave you those little animal towels wearing your sunglasses."
Author: Tina Fey
27. "I don't really do glasses. It's a good look, but I'm not big on wearing clear glasses for fashion. And I don't wear too many shades because my fans love to see my eyes."
Author: Trey Songz
28. "Not if you pay attention. I mean, you're sending all the right signals - no earrings, heels under two inches, your hair is pulled back, you're wearing reading glasses with no book, drinking a Grey Goose martini, which means you had a hell of a week and a beer just wouldn't do it. And if that wasn't clear enough, there's always the "fuck off" sign that you have stamped on your forehead."
Author: Will Smith
Quotes About Wearing Glasses Pictures