Famous Quotes About Weight Scales
Browse 16 famous quotes and sayings about Weight Scales.
Top Quotes About Weight Scales
1. "The patter of tentative footfalls reached my ears. I flipped on my side to face the door and saw Ansel wander by. I rolled onto my back, rubbing sleep from my eyes. I'd crashed on my bed as soons as I'd gotten back from school, collapsing under the weight of the day. The floorboards squeaked as Ansel passed by my door again. I caught his nervous glance in my direction before he hurried down the hall. 'Ansel, I'm not the sun; stop orbiting and get in here,' I called."
Author: Andrea Cremer
2. "I used to be a fighter and I'm used to taking weight off."
Author: Burt Young
3. "Time seemed to stand still as they remained embraced, him holding his body weight on his elbows as he looked down at her and grinned. "Now that's a vacation." She laughed and then his grin fell and he shook his head."Like a couple of horny teenagers with no thought of tomorrow and no thought of protection. We should both be shot." "Can you wait until the glow leaves me before you shoot me?" she asked. He smiled down at her. "You are glowing. You look gorgeous." "It's the look of a sated woman." "I like it."
Author: Carla Cassidy
4. "I drink a lot of protein shakes and do a lot of weight lifting."
Author: Chanel Iman
5. "I think I rushed and I needed more time with my comeback. I needed more time to get my legs stronger to be able to handle the workload. You can only train for that by pitching innings. You can't simulate pitching off a mound in a game inside a weight room."
Author: David Cone
6. "The whole attitude of 'man against the world', of man as a 'world-negating' principle, of a man as the measure of the value of things, as judge of the world who places existence itself on his scales and finds it too light - the monstrous stupidity of this attitude has finally dawned on us and we are sick of it; we laugh as soon as we encounter the juxtaposition of 'man and world', separated by the sublime presumptuosness of the little word 'and!' But by laughing, haven't we simply taken contempt for man one step further?"
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
7. "It was only later that I suffocated under the weight of his arguments, and his darker thoughts articulated. It was only later that our tongues produced landslides, that we became caught in the cracks between what we said and what we meant, until we could not find each other, did not trust the words in our own mouths."
Author: Hannah Kent
8. "She marched into the street, found a liquor store and bought a bottle; and the weight of the bottle in her straw handbag somehow made everything real; as the purchase of a railroad ticket proves the imminence of a journey."
Author: James Baldwin
9. "I listen to Prince on my iPad. And I use a Chords & Scales app to warm up before performing."
Author: Janelle Monae
10. "Memory is like a curse. We fall into eternity, and memory is a weight that keeps pulling us to where we can never go back to."
Author: José Luís Peixoto
11. "No doubt Richard's father, like my mother, had once held his infant son in his arms, looked into the eyes of his child's mother, and believed they would move into the future together with love. The fact that they didn't was a weight each of us carried, as every child does, probably, whose parents no longer live under the same roof. Wherever it is you make your home, there is always this other place, this other person, calling to you. Come to me. Come back."
Author: Joyce Maynard
12. "But the overwhelming number of mothers who think they have too little milk have babies who are taking plenty of milk and are gaining weight well. These mothers have based their conclusions on misinformation or a misinterpretation of their babies' behavior."
Author: Kathleen Huggins
13. "He grabbed my calves and yanked them apart, then pushed them up so my knees were bent. He put a knee to the bed and moved forward, releasing one of my calves, his hand wrapped around his cock and I felt his weight begin to hit me."You come with me inside you, Ace," he gritted and then he was inside me, filling me, beautiful.At the feel of him, so hard, making me so full, my back left the bed again. "Tate."He moved, driving deep, fast, hard. Our mouths attached, our tongues clashed. His hand went between us and he touched me and that was it. It hit me like a rocket and I combusted, my world exploding, taking me with it and I loved every nanosecond."
Author: Kristen Ashley
14. "And dieting, I discovered, was another form of disordered eating, just as anorexia and bulimia similarly disrupt the natural order of eating. "Ordered" eating is the practice of eating when you are hungry and ceasing to eat when your brain sends the signal that your stomach is full. ... All people who live their lives on a diet are suffering. If you can accept your natural body weight and not force it to beneath your body's natural, healthy weight, then you can live your life free of dieting, of restriction, of feeling guilty every time you eat a slice of your kid's birthday cake."
Author: Portia De Rossi
15. "Can he rectify false weight whose own scales are uncertain? Can you enlighten your neighbor while you yourself have no light?"
16. "An adult female orang-utan cannot defeat an adult male spotted hyena. That is the plain empirical truth. Let it become known among zoologists. Had Orange Juice been a male, had she loomed as large on the scales as she did in my heart, it might have been another matter. But portly and overfed though she was from living in the comfort of a zoo, even so she tipped the scales at barely 110 pounds. Female orang-utans are half the size of males. But it is not simply a question of weight and brute strength. Orange Juice was far from defenseless. What it comes down to is attitude and knowledge. What does a fruit eater know about killing? Where would it learn where to bite, how hard, for how long? An orang-utan may be taller, may have very strong and agile arms and long canines, but if it does not know how to use these as weapons, they are of little use. The hyena, with only its jaws, will overcome the ape because it knows what it wants and how to get it."
Author: Yann Martel
Quotes About Weight Scales Pictures