Famous Quotes About Weird Al
Browse 599 famous quotes and sayings about Weird Al.
Top Quotes About Weird Al
1. "It's so English to hate L.A. I'd like to say I love it, but I don't. It's such a weird place. If it were my choice, I wouldn't spend a day there. Everything shuts at 11. And everyone thinks they're so crazy and wild and liberal, and they're not!"
Author: Amelia Warner
2. "It's weird, I was such a survivor and so wanted to be a part of life while I was trying to snuff out the life that was inside of me. I had this duality of trying to kill myself with drugs, then eating really good food and exercising and going swimming and trying to be a part of life. I was always going back and forth on some level."
Author: Anthony Kiedis
3. "His incredible untidiness, his addiction to music at strange hours, his occasional revolver practice within doors, his weird and often malodorous scientific experiments, and the atmosphere of violence and danger which hung around him made him the very worst tenant in London."
Author: Arthur Conan Doyle
4. "It's so weird, not knowing what your life is going to be. I'm being optimistic. And when 'Leverage' comes to an end, I have lots of ideas for other things. You can't really sit and wait for things to come to you."
Author: Beth Riesgraf
5. "I have little weird things that aren't really specific but are just kind of odd. I write my 5's backwards, and I don't know if anyone would even care, at all."
Author: Christian Serratos
6. "There's always this one girl. She's desperate and she's weird and she's jealous, and you're stuck with her, no matter how hard you try to get her off your back. Just throw some really fucked-up self-esteem issues into the mix and you have Kara."
Author: Courtney Summers
7. "Beth had been a middle school science teacher and Joni was a librarian and they both had collections of weird stuff they had found. Bizarre, misspelled letters written by lovelorn eighth graders. Obscene Polaroids left in between the pages of library books. They used to call each other on the phone to share their latest discovery, and Critter had always remained a little off to the side, never feeling quite as sharp or ironic as they were. Critter was an electrician, primarily home repair, and so he didn't usually come across anything except bad wiring and faulty lighting fixtures."
Author: Dan Chaon
8. "It's the what if? The what then? And we know that if we go for it, if we risk it, we immediately stand to lose it. But weirdly, some part of us believes the feeling is two-way, because it must be; it's too special not to be. We believe that something's been shared, even if the evidence we have is ... what? A look that lasted a breath longer then we're used to? A second glance, when the glance could easily have been to check whether there are any cabs coming, or whether the jacket we're wearing that's caught their eyes would look good on their boyfriend, or why it is we seem to be staring at them.I saw you. You don't use overhead handles on the train. Hoped it would jolt and you would fall to me. But no.I smiled. These small moments, never said out loud, as formed and perfect as sweet little haikus, romance and longing carved out in the dust of a grubby city."
Author: Danny Wallace
9. "Seeing architecture differently from the way you see the rest of life is a bit weird. I believe one should be consistent in all that one does, from the books you read to the way you bring up your children. Everything you do is connected."
Author: David Chipperfield
10. "Instead, I thought about the word profile and what a weird double meaning it had. We say we're looking at a person's profile online, or say a newspaper is writing a profile on someone, and we assume it's the whole them we're seeing. But when a photographer takes a picture of a profile, you're only seeing half the face. Like with Sparrow, whoever he was. It's never the way you would remember seeing them. You never remember someone in profile. You remember them looking you in the eye, or talking to you. You remember an image that the subject could never see in a mirror, because you are the mirror. A profile, photographically, is perpendicular to the person you know."
Author: David Levithan
11. "Look, this is all very, very weird. Why are you focusing on rumours and urban legends? You haven't even asked me any normal questions.""Normal questions? Like what?""Like, I don't know, like if Lynch had any enemies.""Did Lynch have any enemies?""Well, not that I know of, no.""Then there really was no point in me asking that, was there? Unless you wanted to distract me. You didn't want to distract me, did you, Kenny?""No, that's not—""Are you playing a game with me, Kenny?""I don't know what you're—"Inspector Me leaned forward. "Did you kill him?""No!""It'd be OK if you did."Kenny recoiled, horri?ed. "How would that be OK?""Well," Me said, "maybe not"
Author: Derek Landy
12. "I am weird, you are weird. Everyone in this world is weird. One day two people come together in mutual weirdness and fall in love."
Author: Dr. Seuss
13. "I'm trying to decide whether to tell you two to get a room or go barf in the trash can," Emma said. "I'm leaning toward the second choice. You are both getting way too weird. And gross."Cal barked out a laugh and slid his fingers down my arm to entwine with mine. His touch, and Emma's comments, only made me blush more. Looks like Emma saw Cal lick my face after all. Now that wasn't awkward or anything."
Author: E.J. Stevens
14. "Yeah, it stings. But at least I feel something. Something besides hungry. Something besides afraid. Weird. I always thought cutters were sick. Sicker than me, even. But with a single swipe I understand why they do it. Why they like it, even though they hate it. I let the water run over the cut, ratchet it hotter, watch the blood slow, stutter, almost halt. I like the way the exposed flesh looks, all pinkish white. It looks new, although I know that isn't right. It's the same age as my skin, as my bones. Me. It's been there with me since the beginning. Been with me through thick. Thin. Daddy. Suddenly, I don't like how it looks at all."
Author: Ellen Hopkins
15. "I was quite a weird kid because I didn't like getting presents. I don't know why. I just went for books all the time."
Author: Ellie Goulding
16. "A great amount of good is always evened out by a great amount of bad. I find it's best to acknowledge that weird balance."
Author: Garrett Hedlund
17. "A story is a really weird art object that should contain life but not be enslaved by the banality."
Author: George Saunders
18. "If/when I die, do not want Pam lonely. Want her to remarry, have full life. As long as new husband is nice guy. Gentle guy. Religious guy. Very caring + good to kids. But kids not fooled. Kids prefer dead dad (i.e., me) to religious guy. Pale, boring, religious guy, with no oomph, who wears weird sweaters and is always a little sad, due to, cannot get boner, due to physical ailment. Ha ha. Death very much on my mind tonight, future reader. Can it be true? That I will die? That Pam, kids will die? Is awful. Why were we put here, so inclined to love, when end of our story = death? That harsh. That cruel. Do not like. Note to self: try harder, in all things, to be better person."
Author: George Saunders
19. "We thought everybody read comics. We didn't know we were weird. We didn't know people that collected comics were strange. It was as normal as listening to rock music on the radio."
Author: Gilbert Hernandez
20. "So often when you meet child actors, they're weird - they're freaks. No, I mean it, they're really odd people."
Author: Helen McCrory
21. "Live steady. Don't fuck around. Give anything weird a wide berth -- including people. It's not worth it. I learned this the hard way, through brutal overindulgence....Back to Chicago; it's never dull out there. You never know exactly what kind of terrible shit is going to come down on you in that town, but you can always count on *something*. Every time I go to Chicago I come away with scars."
Author: Hunter S. Thompson
22. "Total?" I called. He looked up alertly, then ran over to me, small pink tongue hanging out.Total?" I said when he was close. "Can you talk?"He flopped down on the grass, panting slightly. "Yeah. So?"Jeezum. I mean, mutant weirdos are nothing new to me, you know? But a talking dog?"
Author: James Patterson
23. "I like what I see now in China, but I think the Japanese are a step ahead into craziness and weirdness. I go to galleries there that are the size of a New York elevator, and every time I'm surprised by the amazing things I find. I really hope I'll be able to promote some of these artists, to show their work in the West."
Author: Jean Pigozzi
24. "It was the cookies that weirded me out. You generally don't get cookies in situations like this and it had to be some kind of mind trick."
Author: Jonathan Maberry
25. "Perhaps on some quiet night the tremor of far-off drums, sinking, swelling, a tremor vast, faint; a sound weird, appealing, suggestive and wild - and perhaps with as profound a meaning as the sound of bells in a Christian country."
Author: Joseph Conrad
26. "Our family was too strange and weird for even Santa Claus to come visit... Santa, who was jolly - but, let's face it, he was also very judgmental."
Author: Julia Sweeney
27. "I walked down Paseo del Prado, losing myself to the sights, sounds, and dense magic of the city. There's something weirdly calming about being alone in a big city. It made me feel like the universe was hugely generous, and that my species was so damn smart to have constructed such a beautiful city."
Author: Kate Klise
28. "These weird thoughts come into my head, and I don't even really want to think about it, but I can't let go of it until I take it as far as I can, until I reach some kind of ending, and then I can move on. That's what writing is like for me."
Author: Kevin Wilson
29. "Kizzy was so busy wishing she was Sarah Ferris or Jenny Glass that she could scarcely see herself at all and she was certainly blind to her own weird beauty: her heavy spell-casting eyes too-wide mouth wild hair and hips that could be wild too if they learned how. No one else in town looked anything like her and if she lived to womanhood she was the one artists would want to draw not the Sarahs and Jennys. She was the one who would some day know a dozen ways to wear a silk scarf how to read the sky for rain and coax feral animals near how to purr throaty love songs in Portuguese and Basque how to lay a vampire to rest how to light a cigar how to light a man's imagination on fire."
Author: Laini Taylor
30. "My point is, about the competitive thing? I've always naturally made everything a competition in a way, so I already know I'm tough, and it actually comes sort of easily to me, and I'm not afraid to be hurt or rejected because I have naturally low self-esteem anyway, so I always expect the worst, which is weird because I also have a vision for myself where I can totally picture succeeding— well, almost totally, on a good day."
Author: Lauren Graham
31. "Popularity's a weird thing. You can't really define it, and it's not cool to talk about, but you know it when you see it. Like a lazy eye, or porn."
Author: Lauren Oliver
32. "So weird," Decker mumbled. "I thought she walked through walls.""I guess she doesn't have to. This is how she kept getting my porno stash last summer,"Beckgrumbled. "I had it behind lock and key.""Our porno stash. I told you to give it to Grandpa Louis. She leaves him alone."
Author: Lizzy Ford
33. "Yes I am weird, weird is good. Normal is overrated."
Author: Mad D
34. "Grace (talking about Sam): At the sight of him, my stomach slid down to my feet, a weird combination of relief, nerves, and anticipation all in one, a feeling that never seemed to go away."
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
35. "I know, it's weird that I've never done a musical. I turned down two of them. 'The Lion King' and 'The Producers.' I turned two of the biggest Broadway musicals down, am I a mess?"
Author: Mario Cantone
36. "I can rap in a London accent, make weird faces, wear spandex, wigs, and black lipstick. I can be more creative than the average male rapper."
Author: Nicki Minaj
37. "Since Stark had come back from the Otherworld, he'd been too weak and out of it to do much more than eat, sleep, and play computer games with Seoras, which was actually a super weird sight, it was like high school meets Braveheart meets Call of Duty."
Author: P.C. Cast
38. "Before 'Lucky Louie,' nobody would ever cast me to play a mom or a wife; nobody ever saw me in that role, which is weird, since that's who I really am."
Author: Pamela Adlon
39. "Wow,Cal," I said, feeling a little bit like myself for the first time since I'd walked into this crazy house. "You will be able to have some awesome slumber parties in here.All of the other girls are gonna be so jealous."Cal shot me a half smile, and I felt some of the weird-ness between us dissipate. "It's not so bad," he said. Then he flopped down on the bed, only to sink out of sight in the middle of it. As Cal drowned in a sea of fluffy coverlets and throw pillows, I couldn't help but crack up.Lara looked offended. "That bed originally belonged to the third Duke of Cornwall.""It's great," Cal said, his voice muffled. He gave her the thumbs-up, which only made me and Jenna laugh harder."
Author: Rachel Hawkins
40. "The Doctor and Donna see each other across the roomThe Doctor: Donna?Donna: Doctor!The Doctor: What are, what are you—?Donna: Oh. My. God!The Doctor: How?Donna: It's me!The Doctor: I can see that.Donna: Oh this is brilliant!The Doctor: What the hell are you doing there?Donna: I was looking for you!The Doctor: What for?Donna: I read it on the internet ... it's weird... crept along... heard them talking... looked... It's you! Th—Miss Foster: Are we interrupting you?The Doctor: Run!-Doctor Who"
Author: Russell T Davies
41. "I get a message from my dad. In the mood I'm in, I tear up to see his name in my inbox, and imagine him down the hall in bed, propped on pillows, emailing me. "Hon,Enjoyed our gelato date the other night. I just want to say I'm proud of you for a lot of reasons. Also, I've attached a picture of my foot."He's such a weirdo goofball. I love him."
Author: Sara Zarr
42. "Isn't it weird," I said, "the way you remember things, when someone's gone?"What do you mean?"I ate another piece of waffle. "When my dad first died, all I could think about was that day. It's taken me so long to be able to think back to before that, to everything else."Wes was nodding before I even finished. "It's even worse when someone's sick for a long time," he said. "You forget they were ever healthy, ever okay. It's like there was never a time when you weren't waiting for something awful to happen."But there was," I said. "I mean, it's only been in the last few months that I've started remembering all this good stuff, funny stuff about my dad. I can't believe I ever forgot it in the first place."You didn't forget," Wes said, taking a sip of his water. "You just couldn't remember right then. But now you're ready to, so you can."I thought about this as I finished off my waffle."
Author: Sarah Dessen
43. "Again, it occurred to me how weird it was to be permanent in a place that to everyone else was only temporary. Like I could never be sure if they were the ones who weren't real, or if I was."
Author: Sarah Dessen
44. "Normal is such a hard word to use, because everyone's idea of normal is different. Real is what the word is. I think you either live a real life or you live a weird celebrity pseudolife. I think I lead a really real life."
Author: Sarah Michelle Gellar
45. "Jared kept walking down the hall past rows of dead aristocrats. He was looking for someone. Then he saw her name, ELINOR LYNBURN, in faded gold on black wood. She looked even weirder than the dude in the white wig. She was wearing a cone-shaped headdress with a veil, and she seemed to be bald, which was hard luck on Elinor."
Author: Sarah Rees Brennan
46. "Embrace your differences and the qualities about you that you think are weird. Eventually, they're going to be the only things separating you from everyone else."
Author: Sebastian Stan
47. "Sometimes he was weird, sometimes he was Captain Douchebag, but he was always my best friend."
Author: Sharon Sant
48. "What? (Nick)You one of them humans can't follow Simi speak. That's okay. This is why the Simi don't bother talking to most humans ‘cause, no offense, you all weird. Some of you even stupid. Real stupid. Like stump stupid. It's the lack of hornays, I say. See, only really smart creatures have hornays…except for them moo moo cows – they not bright. But akri says there's always an exception to every rule. So they would be the exception to the hornay one. But they taste really good so the Simi will forgive them for bringing down her bell curve of superior intellect over all the other nonhorned subspecies. (Simi"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
49. "Writing this now, God, how I miss the cultural side of the eighties - the rhetoric, the raggedy clothes, the politics, gigs you were frightened to go into, Radio 1 when it had weird bits, Channel 4 when it was radical, the NME when it had writers, and the thrill of discovering underground music and new comedy for yourself."
Author: Stewart Lee
50. "Every father knows the disconcerting when you see your child as a weird, distorted double of yourself. It is as if for a moment your identities overlap. You see an idea, a conception of your boyish inner self...made real and flesh.He is you restarted, rewound; at the same time he is as foreign and unknowable as any other person."
Author: William Landay
Quotes About Weird Al Pictures