Famous Quotes About Wellesley College
Browse 31 famous quotes and sayings about Wellesley College.
Top Quotes About Wellesley College
1. "Going to college is neither necessary nor sufficient to be well-educated."
Author: Alex Tabarrok
2. "The impetus behind going to graduate school was a year after graduating from college spent in Dallas working at the dog food factory and Bank America and not having met success in my chosen field, which at that point was being an actress."
Author: Beth Henley
3. "It's that way all the way down the line. I've got a boy coaching college ball and another son coaching high school. All the way down to summer leagues, all the way down to kids who are 14 years old. All those teams have a closer."
Author: Bruce Sutter
4. "I love college football and I love pro football. This is how fair-weathered I am. I used to be a Giants fan, but my son who's turning 12 has really gotten into football, and he likes the Jets, so I totally jumped ships so we can root for the same team."
Author: Chris Bauer
5. "Dear College Diary, Should have poisoned the Jade water!!!!! Jade"
Author: Crystal Spears
6. "I'm trying to go through the whole process of high school to college to work."
Author: Devon Sawa
7. "If I could be involved in the hunting and fishing industry, that would be amazing. That said, I studied biology in college and that led into me being really involved in anatomy and being a pre-med major."
Author: Dustin Lynch
8. "If I went back to college again, I'd concentrate on two areas learning to write and to speak before an audience. Nothing in life is more important than the ability to communicate effectively."
Author: Gerald R. Ford
9. "There is one way in this country in which all men are created equal—there is one human institution that makes a pauper the equal of a Rockefeller, the stupid man the equal of an Einstein, and the ignorant man the equal of any college president. That institution, gentlemen, is the court."
Author: Harper Lee
10. "I asked him what, if anything, got him down about teaching. He said he didn't think that anything about it got him exactly down, but there was one thing, he thought, that frightened him: reading the pencilled notations in the margins of books in the college library."
Author: J.D. Salinger
11. "Japhy was considered an eccentric around the campus, which is the usual thing for campuses and college people to think whenever a real man appears on the scene - colleges being nothing but grooming schools for the middleclass non-identity which usually finds its perfect expression on the outskirts of the campus in rows of well-to-do houses with lawns and television sets in each living room with everybody looking at the same thing at the same time while the Japhies of the world go prowling in the wilderness to hear the voice crying in the wilderness, to find the ecstasy of the stars, to find the dark mysterious secret of the origin of faceless wonderless crapulous civilization."
Author: Jack Kerouac
12. "At college I'd seen my dead frog's limbs twitch under some applied stimulus or other - seen, but hadn't believed. Didn't dream of thinking beyond or around what I saw."
Author: James Merrill
13. "33 percent of high school graduates who don't go on to college never read another book for the rest of their lives, and 42 percent of college graduates never read another book for the rest of their lives. Sadly, 80 percent of U.S. families didn't buy or read any books last year."
Author: Jason Merkoski
14. "Pick someone in your life you admire. Your grandfather, an old college professor, a friend—it doesn't matter who, as long as you have total respect for them and you admire their life or accomplishments. Then when you're about to take a leap, visualize this person at your side, rooting for you, telling you how much they believe in you. Try it when you ask for a raise, or ask someone on a date, or go for a bank loan to start your small business, or do anything scary that takes you outside your comfort zone. We all need a little encouragement and support sometimes."
Author: Jillian Michaels
15. "Taking Big Bird away from our five year olds, lunch money away from our ten year olds, job training programs away from our fifteen year olds, and college loans away from our twenty year olds is a disgrace."
Author: John Murray
16. "For me, the desire exists less to get myself a degree than to just go and have the whole college experience, and throw myself into the brain pool and see if I can swim."
Author: Joshua Jackson
17. "I took a public speaking class in college and managed to make the class laugh a little bit."
Author: Kevin James
18. "Everyone, whether you are married or have a boyfriend or girlfriend, there's always someone who has a hold of your heart. You learn to let it go, but there's always a place in your heart. For me, it was someone I went to college with and we had an amazing bond, but I left."
Author: Kip Moore
19. "...at Newsweek only girls with college degrees--and we were called "girls" then--were hired to sort and deliver the mail, humbly pushing our carts from door to door in our ladylike frocks and proper high-heeled shoes. If we could manage that, we graduated to "clippers," another female ghetto. Dressed in drab khaki smocks so that ink wouldn't smudge our clothes, we sat at the clip desk, marked up newspapers, tore out releveant articles with razor-edged "rip sticks," and routed the clips to the appropriate departments. "Being a clipper was a horrible job," said writer and director Nora Ephron, who got a job at Newsweek after she graduated from Wellesley in 1962, "and to make matters worse, I was good at it."
Author: Lynn Povich
20. "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women."[Commencement Address, Wellesley College, 1996]"
Author: Nora Ephron
21. "I used to go down every year for the remembrance of Elvis' birthday. Memphis State College invited me to sit in the auditorium and speak to the people for one of those Elvis days."
Author: Otis Blackwell
22. "Maybe everyone is a little too reassuring that things are going to be OK to college graduates. It gives them a false sort of security."
Author: Peter Dinklage
23. "I started college Pre-Med. That lasted about half a semester."
Author: Peter Krause
24. "One such father, decades ago now, John Quinn, a student at Humboldt State College in Arcata, California, made newspaper headlines when he chained himself to his laboring wife in order to foil the hospital ban on his presence. His explanation is a classical example of the increased awareness of the younger generation: "I love my wife. I feel it's my moral right as a husband and father to be there."
Author: Robert A. Bradley
25. "Football is violence and cold weather and sex and college rye."
Author: Roger Kahn
26. "Our promise to our children should be this: if you do well in school, we will pay for you to obtain a college degree."
Author: Ruth Ann Minner
27. "From its humble origins in college dorm rooms, social media has quietly crept into the boardroom."
Author: Ryan Holmes
28. "I was supposed to be too short to play college volleyball."
Author: Summer Altice
29. "Put it on. Look as good as you can. It's our ticket in." Maybe he did have clubbing in mind."You're not going to go home with some drunken college girl, are you?""What?""Never mind."
Author: Susan Ee
30. "I went to an historically black college where we're always told that there's limitation. And so I'm happy to represent for black colleges."
Author: Terrence J
31. "It always takes a man that never made much at any thing to tell you how to run your business, though. Like these college professors without a whole pair of socks to his name, telling you how to make a million in ten years, and a woman that couldn't even get a husband can always tell you how to raise a family."
Author: William Faulkner
Quotes About Wellesley College Pictures