Famous Quotes About Who You Wanna Be
Browse 38 famous quotes and sayings about Who You Wanna Be.
Top Quotes About Who You Wanna Be
1. "I don't wanna be the joker who makes eyes full of tears in the end"
Author: Ags Orachimaruu
2. "Please leave me something...even one memory would be enough."
Author: Ai Yazawa
3. "All the ills of democracy can be cured by more democracy."
Author: Al Smith
4. "I wanna know what you seewhen you look in the mirror?on a day you're feeling good.?I wanna know what you see when you look in the mirror?on a day you're feeling bad.?I wanna know the first person who taught you your beauty?could ever be reflected on a lousy piece of glass."
Author: Andrea Gibson
5. "So, you wanna know what I want? I want it all. I want to be in love so much it hurts. The frissons. The pin pricks. The mind-blowing sex. The connection. And I want to be married with kids I adore and a husband who makes me feel safe, sexy, smart, secure, silly, serious, salacious, sinful, serene, satisfied. I want someone who makes me laugh until milk comes out of my nose (only I don't drink milk). I want to finish someone's sentences. I want to believe in someone, in something, in a future that's not just about laundry and soccer practice and subdivisions and minivans and guilt-tripping grandparents. I want to make someone a better person. I want to be a good example. I want to love some kids into the world. I want someone who stimulates my brain as much as my body. I want to taste everything and go everywhere. I want to give and I want to get. I want too much and I want it all in one person."
Author: Bill Shapiro
6. "I just want different parts; I wanna be that guy who people mention and they don't know who you're talking about until you say a few movies they've been in and then people are amazed that it's the same person."
Author: Bobby Cannavale
7. "Dear Angry Older People, over 21-ish, anyone who considers themselves an adult, still bitter: Next time you're wondering what wrong with kids today, you might wanna check the examples you've been giving us to work with. Because if you ever want to make sense of us, you've got to make sense to us, without telling us you're too old to walk that far. You've got to try to understand why we like looking like rag dolls, why we like looking like the way we feel, and why we keep our senses floored when it's you behind the wheel. And if you ever really do want to understand why we seem so angry, well for one, you told us we could be anything we wanted to be, but right now, we're a little busy dodging bombs."
Author: Buddy Wakefield
8. "She'll get all wooed by some smart, rich, dumbface, handsome, millionaire guy who doesn't care about money but has a lot of it. He'll probably have a private plane that goes to his private island that probably has dolphins. This means that Jen, on top of being happy and smart and pretty and sweet, will most likely get to name and play with...pet dolphins. You can't compete with dolphins."
Author: Chad Eastham
9. "When Luce did look in the mirror, she thought she might still be sort of pretty, if you went by what most people thought was pretty. And if that's the way you went, you had your own problems. It wasn't like being pretty was an accomplishment, and it would go away in time. So it would be a mistake to get too hung up on it."
Author: Charles Frazier
10. "Begin as you mean to go on, and go on as you began, and let the Lord be all in all to you."
Author: Charles H. Spurgeon
11. "[Author's Notes] As I write this, September 2002, much about the humpback song is still unknown. (Although scientists do know that it tends to be found in the New Age music section, as well as in tropical waters...)"
Author: Christopher Moore
12. "Do You Know That By Just Saying "I WANNA DIE" Or "I WISH I COULD DIE" ...God Can Answer That Prayer???You Will Be Cancelled In The Book Of Life And At Heaven You Will Be Dead, But You Will Just Be Walking On Earth Waiting To Go To Hell. Thats What Most People Call HELL OF A LIFE... A Life Of Someone Who Is Not Written In The Book Of Life.So People Stop Playing With Those Words.And If You Once Said That, PRAY TONIGHT SO THAT GOD RE-WRITES YOU IN THE BOOK OF LIFE."
Author: Cyc Jouzy
13. "As a volunteer reader to the blind, Babette had some reservations about the old gent's appetite for the unspeakable and seamy, believing that the handicapped were morally bound to higher types of entertainment. If we couldn't look to them for victories of the human spirit, who could we look to? They had an example to set just as she did as a reader and morale-booster. But she was professional in her duty, reading to him with high earnestness, as to a child, about dead men who leave messages on answering machines."
Author: Don DeLillo
14. "Hey." Marcus cupped my cheek with his rough hand and lifted my face, so I would look at him. "If you wanna be free, Asia, all you have to do is see yourself through my eyes. If you could see how beautiful you are, what an amazing artist you've become, how you light up a room just by walking into it, you would realize that you have no reason to keep yourself locked up. You should be proud of who you are, babe. 'Cause you are amazing."
Author: E.M. Abel
15. "Kolya threw his shoes under the bed and went to the window. There was a full moon, light green and ugly, in the sky. It seemed to be hiding behind the treetops, spying. Its light was soft and lifeless, and its rays were tremulous and mesmerizing, as they penetrated through the branches..."
Author: Fyodor Sologub
16. "HE had fled from her in an attempt to wipe out her memory, not only through distance but by means of a muddled fury that his companions a arms took to be boldness, but the more her image wallowed in the dung hill of war, the more the was resembled Amarant."
Author: Gabriel García Márquez
17. "If there is one Osama bin Laden now, there will be 100 bin Ladens afterwards."
Author: Hosni Mubarak
18. "To give advice to a man who asks what to do with his life implies something very close to egomania. To presume to point a man to the right and ultimate goal — to point with a trembling finger in the RIGHT direction is something only a fool would take upon himself."
Author: Hunter S. Thompson
19. "But, – and there it is, – we want to live and move, though we have no reason to, because it happens that it is the nature of life to live and move, to want to live and move. If it were not for this, life would be dead. It is because of this life that is in you that you dream of your immortality."
Author: Jack London
20. "A good home must be made, not bought. In the end, it's not track lighting or a sun room that brings light into a kitchen."
Author: Joyce Maynard
21. "Towards parties and the banks of streams and ponds, along which young boys would pace out hours in silence after taking the freckled shoulders of those girls into their hands, their hands feeling skin....and not knowing what to do, those same hands folding as if in prayer, praying without even knowing they are praying "God please don't let the world be always slipping from me"
Author: Kevin Powers
22. "The reason it's worth standing up for punctuation is not that it's an arbitrary system of notation known only to an over-sensitive elite who have attacks of the vapours when they see it misapplied. The reason to stand up for punctuation is that without it there is no reliable way of communicating meaning."
Author: Lynne Truss
23. "Each man must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man. To decide against your conviction is to be an unqualified and excusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let men label you as they may."
Author: Mark Twain
24. "Each book was like an underwater cave, and when I rose again to the surface, I was pale and grumpy, resentful of everyone who hadn't been where I'd been."
Author: Mary Stewart Atwell
25. "Bring down Mike Mann and we can bring down the IPCC, they reckoned. It is a classic technique for the deniers' movement, I have discovered, and I don't mean only those who reject the idea of global warming but those who insist that smoking doesn't cause cancer or that industrial pollution isn't linked to acid rain."
Author: Michael E. Mann
26. "A story can be new and yet tell about olden times. The past comes into existence with the story."
Author: Michael Ende
27. "Besides the physical strains I realized men can be pigs to women even when it's a man dressed as one."
Author: Michael Rosenbaum
28. "Keep your private life private. Be open to suggestions from different people. And just be nice. I have heard stories about people who are just plain rude to the press or fans."
Author: Michelle Trachtenberg
29. "Willow: I don't actually date a whole lot... lately.Buffy: Why not?Willow: Well, when I'm with a boy I like, it's hard for me to say anything cool, or -or witty, or at all. I can usually make a few vowel sounds, and then I have to go away.Buffy: It's not that bad!Willow: No, it is. I think boys are more interested in a girl who can talk.Buffy: You really haven't been dating lately. Well, my philosophy, do you wanna hear my philosophy?Willow: Yeah, I do!Buffy: Life is short.Willow: Life is short!Buffy: Not original, I'll grant you, but it's true. You know? Why waste time being all shy and worrying about some guy, and if he's gonna laugh at you. Seize the moment, 'cause tomorrow you might be dead.Willow: Oh, that's nice!"
Author: Mutant Enemy/Joss Whedon
30. "I also believed that our public at home would be strong enough to survive even the present crisis."
Author: Paul Von Hindenburg
31. "A rock'n'roll band needs to be able to get under people's skin. You should be able to clear the room at the drop of a hat."
Author: Paul Westerberg
32. "I crouch hidden among the boulders, my body broken and bloodied. Below me, someone is about to murder my best friend, the one person who understands me. If I act, I will likely lose my own life. If I don't, I'll lose so much more..."
Author: Rae Carson
33. "She'd fucked him over hardcore. She'd betrayed him and she'd lied to him, and she knew that as far as he was concerned she'd led him on and used him as well, had consorted with people who wanted to see him dead and given them information to help them make him so. Most of all, she'd hurt him. And if the pain in her chest was anything close to what he'd felt, she was more than willing to admit he deserved to get his own back. Was willing to do more than admit it; was willing to take it, in the hopes he'd eventually decide she'd been punished enough and they could maybe move on."
Author: Stacia Kane
34. "It's like he would take a photograph of Sam, and the photographwould be beautiful. And he would think that the reason thephotograph was beautiful was because of how he took it. If I tookit, I would know that the only reason it's beautiful is because ofSam."
Author: Stephen Chbosky
35. "This is the permanent tension that lies at the heart of a capitalist democracy and is exacerbated in times of crisis. In order to ensure the survival of the richest, it is democracy that has to be heavily regulated rather than capitalism."
Author: Tariq Ali
36. "Mankind ain't special, Kiddo.It's just you who wanna be so."
Author: Toba Beta
37. "The whole house is spic and span and everybody's supposed to be real honest and full of what he calls 'the good'. We even leave food out for the mice in the rafters so they won't have to sin by stealing. And you know what happens when dinner's over? Everybody hunches over and licks his place clean so none of God's grace will be wasted."
Author: Yukio Mishima
38. "It isn't just the past we remember, it's the future too.Fifty per cent of memory is devoted not to what has already happened,but to what will happen next. Appointments, anniversaries, meetings,all the rolling engagements and plans,all the hopes and dreams and ambitions which make up any human life- we remember what we did and also what we will do. Only the knife edge of the present is 'hard' to any degree.Past and future are things of the mind,and a mind can be changed."
Quotes About Who You Wanna Be Pictures