Famous Quotes About Womenfolk
Browse 12 famous quotes and sayings about Womenfolk.
Top Quotes About Womenfolk
1. "The wedding ended, hurriedly, on a surge of masculine bonhomie and relief. Five minutes later, followed by the red-eyed glares of their womenfolk, Buccleuch and his friends and his new-married son had plunged off to join Lord Culter, head of the Crawfords, and Francis Crawford his brother, to fight the English once more. * Sentimentally, Will Scott thought, it made his wedding-day perfect. Cantering, easy and big-limbed, through the bracken of Ettrick-side, with leaves stuck, lime-green and scarlet on his wet sleeves, blue eyes narrowed and fair, red-blooded Scott face misted with rain, he was borne on a vast, angry joy."
Author: Dorothy Dunnett
2. "So I see no reason why, just because a couple of womenfolk have kicked the bucket, people should start writing religion about them."
Author: Halldór Laxness
3. "Well, then,' said Peter, 'I guess we'll just have to find a cab.' Peter said this in the manner of a cowboy telling the womenfolk that, because of the avalanche, they were going to have to take the pass through Indian country. In fact, as Holly and Peter both knew, nothing could have been easier than finding a free cab, for at this hour they flowed steadily down the avenue. But if Peter were to regain some face by wrangling one, the fiction had to be kept up that this would be a challenging task.Will you try?' Holly askedSure,' said Peter. He stepped off the curb, raised his hand, and a taxi pulled up in front of them about five seconds later.Thank goodness!' Holly said."
Author: James Collins
4. "Womenfolks have powerful imaginations when it comes to a man, an' she can read things into him he never knew was there, and like as not, they ain't!"
Author: Louis L'Amour
5. "Yet Katie held fast to the dream that perhaps there were men in the world who appreciated good women - men capable of loving a woman enough to die for her.Something had to inspire the heroes in fairy tales and books.Her Aunt Augusta always said it was only womenfolk's eternal wish for better men that inspired such stories…but Katie liked to believe that living or, at least, once-living men inspired them."
Author: Marcia Lynn McClure
6. "How's your grandpa?""Still worried that your blackness will infect me.""That's the plan. First you, then all the other blondes, and then on to brunettes and redheads. Once we have the womenfolk, all the babies will come out black, too. We all voted on the plan at the last Black Conspirators meeting."
Author: MaryJanice Davidson
7. "Anabel shrugs. "Then take an earlier flight today so you get to see her at the airport, stupid."Tom shakes his head. "I came to see both of you. To spend time with my womenfolk because I miss you like hell."They're both smiling and he knows he has said and done the right thing and that's enough for him. Anabel reaches over and hugs him. "You're the best brother in the world, Tom."When she pulls away from the hug, she slaps him on the cheek. "Are you over it now?" she snaps. "Let's go!" she says, grabbing their mother's keys out of her hands. "I'm sick and tired of you people living interstate and overseas from people you want to be with. You're ruining my life! All of you!"
Author: Melina Marchetta
8. "When all was said and done, Ella was but a maiden, a member of the fairer sex. It was a well-known fact that women were ill-equipped to deal with matters of importance, had nervous dispositions and were liable to swoon at the sight of blood. It was a man's duty to protect his womenfolk from the horror that life could throw."
Author: Michelle Smart
9. "If an astronomer calculates from the skyhe will ascertain the paths of the moon and the stars;but in his house the womenfolk are at variance,and he does not perceive their various misconduct."
10. "From New Delhi to New York, from Durban to Rio; women andgirls are been hunted down by rapists, abused by pedophiles andemotionally decapitated by a society that is becoming increasinglyhostile to the womenfolk"
Author: Oche Otorkpa
11. "Merrill Krause - You mentioned God's will for me. How will I know what that is, Father?Bogart Krause - I've always believed it to start with prayer. The Good Book says that if a man wants wisdom, he just has to ask. I would imagine it works the same way for womenfolk. If you want to know what God's plan is -- then I would ask Him. Couldn't hurt to search the Scriptures, too. And listen to what He is telling you inside. Even when you don't think you're hearing anything, keep listening."
Author: Tracie Peterson
12. "Sometimes God gits familiar wid us womenfolks too and talks His inside business. He told me.how surprised y'all is goin' tuh be if you ever find out you don't know half as much 'bout us as you think yo do. It's so easy to make yo'self out God Almighty when you ain't got nothin' tuh strain against but women and chickens."
Author: Zora Neale Hurston
Quotes About Womenfolk Pictures