Famous Quotes About Wondering What You Mean To Someone
Browse 16 famous quotes and sayings about Wondering What You Mean To Someone.
Top Quotes About Wondering What You Mean To Someone
1. "Making money is not gonna change anything about what I am, except I won't answer the door."
Author: Abel Ferrara
2. "Panic strikes me when I think about a sentence that isn't given the chance to live because I don't have a pen in my hand or am not sitting near enough to someone familiar to speak it to. Especially if it's a particularly good sentence, a sentence with truth or beauty or humor or sadness to it. The best ones always take you by surprise. They sneak into your head while you're walking down the aisles at a supermarket, or flat-out assault you when you're at your grandmother's funeral, and you have to scramble to give the thought life before it's gone forever. Cocktail napkins, palms, text messages sent to yourself."
Author: Adi Alsaid
3. "But what Mom never told me is that along the way, you find sisters, and they find you. Girls are cool that way."
Author: Adriana Trigiani
4. "How do you make someone love you? For the very young, there can be nothing harder in the world. You may try as hard as you like: place yourself beside them, cook their favourite food, bring them wine or sing the love songs that you know will move them. They will not move them. Nothing will move them. You will waste days interpreting the simple banalities of a phone call; months staring at their soft lips as they talk; you will waste years watching a body sitting in a chair and willing every muscle to take you across the room and do a simple thing, say a simple word, make them love you and you will not do it; you will waste long nights wondering how they cannot feel this - the urge to embrace, the snow melt in the heart when you are near them - how they can sit in that chair, or speak with those lips, or make a call and mean nothing by it, hide nothing in their hearts. Or perhaps what they hide is not what you want to see. Because surely they love someone. It simply isn't you."
Author: Andrew Sean Greer
5. "I lived in countries that had no democracy... so I don't find myself in the same luxury as you do. You grew up in freedom, and you can spit on freedom because you don't know what it is not to have freedom."
Author: Ayaan Hirsi Ali
6. "If I could be more vague I'd write more about people in my life, but I hate hurting feelings or making people feel uncomfortable. I've done that before. Unless they're sad songs. Those get finished fast, but the mean ones often end up at the back of the bottom drawer and it's probably for the best."
Author: Caitlin Rose
7. "Yet comprehension does not imply belief. Nor does it mean that those who purvey such beliefs do so for more than… materialgain."
Author: Christopher Paolini
8. "Time isn't precious at all, because it is an illusion. What you perceive as precious is not time but the one point that is out of time: the Now. That is precious indeed. The more you are focused on time—past and future—the more you miss the Now, the most precious thing there is."
Author: Eckhart Tolle
9. "I am richer than Davy Crockett. I can settle back and do what I want to do. And what I want to do is card tricks and magic."
Author: Harry Anderson
10. "Losing you is most difficult for me, but the nature of my love for you is what matters. If it distorts into half-truth, then perhaps it is better not to love you. I must keep my mind but loose you."
Author: Haruki Murakami
11. "I live in a loft in a building I designed, but for my dream house I'd get Frank Gehry, just to see what he'd do."
Author: Hugh Hardy
12. "We came out here to find the American Dream, and now that we're right in the vortex you want to quit ... You must realize that we've found the main nerve." I know," he said. "That's what gives me the Fear."
Author: Hunter S. Thompson
13. "I'm not very comfortable with what people sometimes say or think about me - things I don't feel responsible for."
Author: Michael Schumacher
14. "Jesus said, 'The Kingdom of God is within' and 'I only say what I hear the Father saying and I only do what I see the Father doing'. Therefore, It is something we experience, articulate, and do. The Kingdom of God is already here but not yet fully realized."
Author: R. Alan Woods
15. "Faith is a great thing, and really religious people would like us to believe that faith and knowing are the same thing, but I don't believe that myself. Because there are too many different ideas on the subject. What we know is this: When we die, one of two things happens. Either our souls and thoughts somehow survive the experience of dying or they don't. If they do, that opens up every possibility you could think of. If they don't, it's just blotto. The end."
Author: Stephen King
16. "How can I give her what Don Fey gave me? The gift of anxiety. The fear of getting in trouble. The knowledge that while you are loved, you are not above the law."
Author: Tina Fey
Quotes About Wondering What You Mean To Someone Pictures