Famous Quotes About Work Ethic
Browse 82 famous quotes and sayings about Work Ethic.
Top Quotes About Work Ethic
1. "My family are my priority but I've always had a strong work ethic and I like to be busy."
Author: Amanda Holden
2. "What I respect in people more than anything is work ethic. And Justin Timberlake's got that. He works his tail off, and he knows his stuff."
Author: Amy Adams
3. "I like Cinderella, I really do. She has a good work ethic. I appreciate a good, hard-working gal. And she likes shoes. The fairy tale is all about the shoe at the end, and I'm a big shoe girl."
Author: Amy Adams
4. "Real self-esteem has to be earned. I also believe in virtuous circles, like, nothing is fun until you are good at it. It is great if you can instill in children the ability to not give up, to have a work ethic."
Author: Amy Chua
5. "Some men don't gel when it comes to work - you have different work ethics, different opinions, different points of views, different methods of filmmaking - and we didn't gel."
Author: Antoine Fuqua
6. "From a nonpatriarchal metaethical standpoint, however, Singer's and Regan's theoretical similarities are as significant as their differences. In particular, both Singer's utilitarian theory and Regan's rights approach are developed within a framework of patriarchal norms, which includes the subordinatin of emotion to reason, the privileging of abstract principles of conduct, the perception of ethical discussion as a battle between adversaries, and the presumption that ethics shoudl function as a means of social control."
Author: Brian Luke
7. "You don't have to do everything by the time you're 30. Or 40. All you need is a work ethic. It's what allows you to push through moments of disappointment and self-doubt and fear."
Author: Candace Bushnell
8. "Robinson Crusoe, the first capitalist hero, is a self-made man who accepts objective reality and then fashions it to his needs through the work ethic, common sense, resilience, technology, and, if need be, racism and imperialism."
Author: Carlos Fuentes
9. "I think my uncle was probably the biggest influence in my life. We grew up in the same house, and he was just a really great, hard-working, honest, ethical person."
Author: Catherine Bell
10. "After fifty-five years of dedicating his life and work to the story of ethical systems, Sol Weintraub had come to a single, unshakable conclusion: any allegiance to a deity or concept or universal principal which put obedience above decent behavior toward an innocent human being was evil."
Author: Dan Simmons
11. "Your palms break sweat and you sit there, needy, while your work ethic and character are available for comment from strangers you wouldn't share a joint with at a blues festival."
Author: Daniel Woodrell
12. "You still owe me a million dollars." I'd presented him with a bill for proving his innocence and getting him freed from prison. He had yet to pay. Couldn't imagine why."Yeah, I was hoping we could work that out.""The interest alone is going to kill you.""What do you charge?""Three hundred eighty-seven percent.""Is that ethical?""It's as ethical as my dating the son of Satan."
Author: Darynda Jones
13. "The humanists' replacement for religion: work really hard and somehow you'll either save yourself or you'll be immortal. Of course, that's a total joke, and our progress is nothing. There may be progress in technology but there's no ethical progress whatsoever."
Author: David Bowie
14. "Our father taught us such a work ethic that if there's something worth doing, it's worth doing well."
Author: Donny Osmond
15. "When you look at facing retirement in your mid-30s, and all of a sudden the outlet for that passion and work ethic goes away, you can't just sit back in a rocking chair and be retired at 35. I'm not a good enough golfer to play golf every day."
Author: Drew Bledsoe
16. "The Marines gave me a really strong sense of discipline and a work ethic that kicks in at my job."
Author: Drew Carey
17. "I spend the rest of the night doing schoolwork. After striking a match and lighting a candal, I sit down at my desk with my quill pen and parchment to write an essay for my ethics class on the legalities of fan fiction."
Author: Fanny Merkin
18. "From my parents, I learned a very strong work ethic, and all of my brothers and sisters all worked from the earliest days of life right through to the present time."
Author: George J. Mitchell
19. "It's physically hard for me to work. I start to break down, physically. My joints start. I get weepy eyes. I don't sleep well. I was never a hard worker, I guess. So the voiceover work ethic is really great for me - couple days a month, two hours a day."
Author: H. Jon Benjamin
20. "My parents' work ethic amazed me. How could they put in such long hours, day after day?Part of the reason was to keep the family going - to keep me going. I realized that, although we had different values derived from different cultures and wouldn't agree on certain issues, they were good people, incredible people, and I loved and respected them."
Author: Harvey Pekar
21. "As a leader, these attributes - confidence, perseverance, work ethic and good sense - are all things I look for in people. I also try to lead by example and create an environment where good questions and good ideas can come from anyone."
Author: Heather Bresch
22. "We must be convinced that there are no such things as 'Christian principles.' There is the Person of Christ, who is the principle of everything. But if we wish to be faithful to Him, we cannot dream of reducing Christianity to it certain number of principles (though this is often done), the consequences of which can be logically deduced. This tendency to transform the work of the Living God into a philosophical doctrine is the constant temptation of theologians, and also of the faithful, and their greatest disloyalty when they transform the action of the Spirit which brings forth fruit in themselves into an ethic, a new law, into 'principles' which only have to be 'applied."
Author: Jacques Ellul
23. "I hope the story of 2011 is that America gets its mojo back. You've got to remember that America has the best universities; it's got some of the best businesses. It's got an unbelievable work ethic, rule of law. The story of 2011 will be America blossoming again."
Author: Jamie Dimon
24. "I don't have a good work ethic. I have a real casual relationship with hours."
Author: Janeane Garofalo
25. "Elite runners are genetically gifted, sure, but without intense training, those gifts are wasted. Their training creates a strong work ethic that leaves humility in its wake. There are no short cuts in marathoning, so anyone who is a marathoner has worked hard."
Author: Jeff Horowitz
26. "Sam was creative and dedicated, but his wasn't the plodding bright-and-early work ethic of the morning person, like mine. It was the crazy creative burst of the night owl, long dark hours of despair before dawn."
Author: Jennifer Echols
27. "A lot of people just look at acting as a quick fix - they don't have a work ethic. This is a job; it's not all margaritas on the beach."
Author: Jeremy Luke
28. "My work ethic came from my parents and my fear of failure. I came from a small, predominantly black school and I didn't want to let them down."
Author: Jerry Rice
29. "Well, one of the most important things for Americans to be reminded of is that a lot of the exceptional nature of our country is founded in Judeo-Christian values that promotes individualism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to family, charity."
Author: Jim DeMint
30. "My humour and my work ethic definitely come from my Scottish side, and I have to say the sense of humour doesn't really translate when I'm in America."
Author: John Barrowman
31. "The Architect is just one of a series of works which examine the confrontation of innocence and experience, illustrating the complex ethics of power that exist between reader and writer, critic and artist, the human and the divine."
Author: John Scott
32. "I suppose all of us - we have the old Protestant work ethic of feeling guilty when you're not working, and getting a buzz from feeling like you're really busy. That's the reason to sort of carry on."
Author: Jonny Greenwood
33. "For the year after I left government service, I worked as a consultant to the Republican National Committee because the lawyers advised that was the proper way for me to comply with ethics regulations and continue to advise the President."
Author: Karen Hughes
34. "There was no way we'd ever get spoiled. Daddy made sure to instill in us a work ethic."
Author: Kathie Lee Gifford
35. "The American work ethic is something to be admired. Our workforce, regardless of position, works hard to produce the best product and serve customers to the best of their ability."
Author: Leonard Boswell
36. "The real cause for Paul's rejection of the ‘works of the law' liesbeyond both self-understanding and ethics. As we shall see, faith for Paul is the correlate to Christ's cross and resurrection. It is obedience to the promise of God fulfilled in that event (see e.g. Rom. 4:13–25). One is justified not because of a mere inward disposition, but because of Christ in whom God has atoned for sin and effected a new creation."
Author: Mark A. Seifrid
37. "Whether it be training, dieting, working out, or work ethic, for every great excuse "Not" to do something, there are 100 "better" reasons for you to do it."
Author: Mark W. Boyer
38. "My parents instilled a very strong work ethic in me from a young age, fortunately."
Author: Matthew Gray Gubler
39. "People who wanted to change America back to how it used to be. Not an America with the segregation that was part of the past. Americans were all past that. Not an America with discrimination against minorities or women. America was past that, as well. But back to a country where a man's worth was determined by his character and his work ethic, where a man's word was his bond. Where people worked for a living, instead of trying to work the system. Where families lived and worked together on farms and in communities, instead of crowding into huge metropolises where every need was trucked in, piped in, and plugged in, and people were tuned in, turned on, online, and lined up for all their needs but did not speak to each other on the street or know their own neighbors or families."
Author: Mike Foster
40. "This pursuit of security in the past, this attempt to find a haven in a fixed dogma and an organizational hierarchy as substitutes for creative thought and praxis is bitter evidence of how little many revolutionaries are capable of ‘revolutionizing themselves and things,' much less of revolutionizing society as a whole. The deep-rooted conservatism of the People's Labor Party ‘revolutionaries' is almost painfully evident; the authoritarian leader and hierarchy replace the patriarch and the school bureaucracy; the discipline of the Movement replaces the discipline of bourgeois society; the authoritarian code of political obedience replaces the state; the credo of ‘proletarian morality' replaces the mores of puritanism and the work ethic. The old substance of exploitative society reappears in new forms, draped in a red flag, decorated by portraits of Mao (or Castro or Che) and adorned with the little ‘Red Book' and other sacred litanies."
Author: Murray Bookchin
41. "I know the pressures of being the daughter of a great actress. But it's inspiring. You learn so much that other people don't get to learn until later on. My father being a director, I learnt a real work ethic."
Author: Natasha Richardson
42. "How you doing at 26 Fed?" "I'm growing and learning, meeting new challenges with confidence and enthusiasm while developing good work ethics and people skills." "I'm surprised they haven't fired your ass." "Me too."
Author: Nelson DeMille
43. "Black women's feelings of responsibility for nurturing the children in their own extended family networks have stimulated a more generalized ethic of care where black women feel accountable to all the black community's children."
Author: Patricia Hill Collins
44. "Myrnin to Claire: "Claire, there are things to do." "Here, too, and I'm staying here, believe me." Myrnin was silent for a beat, and then he said, "Bob would be very disappointed in you.""Bob the spider?""He looks at you like a mother, you know. I'm surprised at your lack of work ethic. Think of the example you set for -"She hung up."
Author: Rachel Caine
45. "Rose, I'm an addict with no work ethic who is likely going to go insane. I'm not like you. I'm not a super-hero.""Not yet," I said."
Author: Richelle Mead
46. "My parents have a strong work ethic, but their attitude to life, their philosophy, is: 'whatever makes you happy.'"
Author: Sally Hawkins
47. "[...] God's message is that we are largely on our own. We are the ones who give moral guidelines body and life. You can take, if you will, your solace in heaven, but you must work out your ethics on earth."
Author: Susan Neiman
48. "I want my kids to have a good work ethic. I believe you can achieve anything if you work hard enough to get it."
Author: Victoria Beckham
49. "I guess maybe another gift I have is a great work ethic."
Author: Vince McMahon
50. "And where I excel is ridiculous, sickening, work ethic. You know, while the other guy's sleeping? I'm working."
Author: Will Smith
Quotes About Work Ethic Pictures