Famous Quotes About Work Hard
Browse 1385 famous quotes and sayings about Work Hard.
Top Quotes About Work Hard
1. "At lunch you order steamed vegetables because you're remembering that you have a heart too. You feel humbled by your heart, it works so hard. You want to thank it. You give your heart a little pat"
Author: Aimee Bender
2. "There's a lot of bitterness, there's a lot of anger out there. We all have to work hard to heal those wounds."
Author: Allen Boyd
3. "The absurdity of working so hard to continue doing something you don't like can be overwhelming."
Author: Allie Brosh
4. "Having it all is just too much hassle. I'm not every-woman. I'm a working woman. And I'm not entirely sure I see the oint of being as dexterous in the kitchen as I am at my desk. If Mr. Y is perfectly satisfied with pre-packaged sushi every night, then far be it from me to raise his hopes with all sorts of homey behavior. The secret, I have discovered, is to manage expectations. If he doesn't expect it, then he's hardly going to be disappointed to discover he may never again eat a home-cooked meal. Or indeed, ever eat again."
Author: Amy Mowafi
5. "But the writer who endures and keeps working will finally know that writing the book was something hard and glorious, for at the desk a writer must try to be free of prejudice, meanness of spirit, pettiness, and hatred; strive to be a better human being than the writer normally is, and to do this through concentration on a single word, and then another, and another. This is splendid work, as worthy and demanding as any, and the will and resilience to do it are good for the writer's soul."
Author: Andre Dubus
6. "I mean, they're threatening - my career is over. You know, everything I've worked so hard. I've worked extremely hard since about 17 years old, you know, as a White House intern on up."
Author: Andrea Mackris
7. "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."
Author: Benjamin Franklin
8. "I've always just adored music. It's my first love, really. I admire and respect people in the music business. You really have to work hard and diligently. Sometimes actors can be lazy and get away with it, but you can't do that if you're a musician."
Author: Blythe Danner
9. "But I don't just see the movie when I see the movie, I see all the great people who worked on it and all their hard work, because they could not have worked any harder."
Author: Brad Bird
10. "Lady Gaga? She's cool! She works really hard. When we would have our dance rehearsals, she wasn't the singer that was like, 'Oh, I'll just stand in front.' She wanted to learn everything - she was doing the dance moves. She's a good dancer."
Author: Caity Lotz
11. "It is often difficult, I find, for people today to grasp the notion that one family, working through several restaurants could change the eating habit of an entire country. But such was the achievement of the Delmonicos in the United States of the last century. Before they opened their first small cafe on William Street in 1823, catering to the business and financial communities of Lower Manhattan, American food could generally be described as things boiled or fried whose purpose was to sustain hard work and hold down alcohol - usually bad alcohol. The Delmonicos, though Swiss, had brought the French method to America, and each generation of their family refined an expanded the experience ... The craving for first-rate dining became a kind of national fever in the latter decades of the century - and Delmonico's was responsible."
Author: Caleb Carr
12. "Willpower isn't just a skill. It's a muscle, like the muscles in your arms or legs, and it gets tired as it works harder, so there's less power left over for other things."
Author: Charles Duhigg
13. "Linus: What's wrong, Charlie Brown? Charlie Brown: I just got terrible news. The teacher says we're going on a field trip to an art museum; and I have to get an A on my report or I'll fail the whole course. Why do we have to have all this pressure about grades, Linus? Linus: Well, I think that the purpose of going to school is to get good grades so then you can go on to high school; and the purpose is to study hard so you can get good grades so you can go to college; and the purpose of going to college is so you can get good grades so you can go on to graduate school; and the purpose of that is to work hard and get good grades so we can get a job and be successful so that we can get married and have kids so we can send them to grammar school to get good grades so they can go to high school to get good grades so they can go to college and work hard... Charlie Brown: Good grief!"
Author: Charles M. Schulz
14. "Yes, I've worked hard; and yes, I may have achieved a certain level of success-but I'm very clear about the fact that none of it would be worth it without doing the things that keep me close to God."
Author: David Archuleta
15. "A true Democratic Spirit is up there with religious faith and emotional maturity and all those other top-of-the-Maslow-Pyramid-type qualities that people spend their whole lives working on. A Democratic Spirit's constituent rigor and humility and self-honesty are, in fact, so hard to maintain on certain issues that it's almost irresistibly tempting to fall in with some established dogmatic camp and to follow that camp's line on the issue and to let your position harden within the camp and become inflexible and to believe that he other camps are either evil or insane and to spend all your time and energy trying to shout over them."
Author: David Foster Wallace
16. "It will be hard work. It's always hard work, and hard work from everybody within the team - technical director, mechanics, drivers, engineers - everyone in the team."
Author: David Leslie
17. "I knew all these people had the same goals I did, but the one that worked the hardest would come out on top. That's what drove me all the time. But I had fun. I did better every day, and that's what made it fun."
Author: Debbie Meyer
18. "My father and Mary Pickford were the reigning stars of not just Hollywood but of the world. Well, to bear my father's name was hard enough, but to work in pictures to boot was pretty foolhardy. In fact, my father was totally against it. He thought I should be off getting a good education and go into some safe profession."
Author: Douglas Fairbanks Jr.
19. "That's all right! That's all right!' But for a minute or two it wasn't really. All feminine claws, he said to himself, are sheathed in velvet; but they can hurt a good deal if they touch you on the sore places of the defects of your qualities - even merely with the velvet. He added: 'Your mother works you very hard."
Author: Ford Madox Ford
20. "I became quite successful very young, and it was mainly because I was so enthusiastic and I just worked so hard at it."
Author: Francis Ford Coppola
21. "I advise all the young kids to not overwork. You can't be out there blowing hard. You have to pace yourself."
Author: Freddie Hubbard
22. "I wanted to make a movie, because the whole life of the movies appealed to me. You work hard for three or four months, then you don't work at all for a couple of months."
Author: Gregory Hines
23. "To mirror her insecurity. Jett liked his employees like that. Even if they thought he was a real son-of-a-bitch, they worked harder"
Author: J.C. Reed
24. "I'd worked so hard that by the time I was 20, I wanted to play hard. And I did that really well."
Author: Jason Bateman
25. "I'm enthusiastic and ambitious, and I work hard."
Author: Jason Statham
26. "(N)ot writing was hard work, almost as hard as writing."
Author: Jincy Willett
27. "Most previous immigrants came to the United States to become Americans, with no intention of returning home. They relinquished their ties with their homeland. English was their key to prosperity, and they worked hard to master it."
Author: John Shadegg
28. "Inspiration is one thing and you can't control it, but hard work is what keeps the ship moving. Good luck means, work hard. Keep up the good work."
Author: Kevin Eubanks
29. "We can order him to make appointments and talk to someone, but we can't force him to actually do the work. You've got to be willing to work on your issues. You've got to be willing to face hard truths and fight to get better. that takes courage and force of will. (Anita)"
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
30. "He took the hand that wasn't holding the bouquet of wildflowers and stared at it, holding it so tightly that she thought he might crack her bones. Then his hold gentled. He slipped a gold ring onto her finger and lifted his gaze to hers."I'm not a brave man; I'll never be a hero, but I love you more than life itself, and I will until the day I die. With you by my side, I'm a better man than I've ever been alone. I'm scared to death that I'll let you down, but I won't run this time. I'll stand firm and face the challenge and work hard to see that you never have any regrets. You told me once that you wanted to share a corner of my dream. Without you, Amelia, I have no dream. With you, I have everything I could ever dream of wanting."Tears burned her eyes as he glanced back at the preacher. "I'm done."-Houston to Amelia as his wedding vow."
Author: Lorraine Heath
31. "Byron clapped Walter on the back. 'Good work,' he said.Walter shook his head. 'You're the one who clocked her with the Stephen King hardcover. That took some of the wind out of her.''Thank heavens he's a wordy man,' said Byron."
Author: Michael Thomas Ford
32. "For Punjabis like me, we have to work a little harder on our body."
Author: Mona Singh
33. "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me."
34. "There were many days when [I] did not know where my next meal was coming from. But I was never afraid to work, I went where some men were digging a ditch ... [and] said I wanted to work. The boss looked at my good clothes and white hands and laughed to the others ... but he said, "All right. Spit on your hands. Get in the ditch." And I worked harder than anybody. At the end of the day I had $2"
Author: Nikola Tesla
35. "Hi, Dean," Allie says breathlessly."Hey, Allie." His voice is like hot water sliding over a polished floor. "How's that boyfriend of yours treating you?"Allie smiles, her face getting a little pink. "Really well, thanks.""Good." Dean reaches out to give my long ponytail a gentle tug. "And how's that husband of yours treating you, Liv?"I meet his gaze, my heart thumping at the potent combi- nation of heat and tenderness in his eyes. "He does all right.""Guess he'd better work harder, huh?""Couldn't hurt.""God, you two. Get a room." Allie fans herself with a magazine and rolls her eyes."
Author: Nina Lane
36. "I just have to keep working hard."
Author: Paula Creamer
37. "Every job I take, within minutes I'm thinking, 'I can't do this.' I think it's what makes me work. People think I just swagger in and do it. But I doubt myself all the time. It's what pushes me, what makes me work harder. The older I get, the less I take for granted."
Author: Ray Winstone
38. "Work or die'—this is the essence of slavery, of compulsion. And yet this is our world. Most of our world is enslaved but does not know it. Only the homeless are free, and for their freedom we sentence them to death. To refuse compulsion is to earn death, suffering, and calumny. It is not to refuse work—the homeless work very hard, endure many hardships we cannot imagine in our comfortable slavery. And yet we call our slavery freedom. We do not know what freedom means, yet."
Author: Robert Peate
39. "I get my drive and determination from just winning and playing tennis. I know if I don't work, I won't get rewarded. It was a life long dream to win a Grand Slam so when I was able to do that it felt so good and I wanted to do it again. It's not that hard to stay motivated."
Author: Samantha Stosur
40. "But I always worked harder when I was up against something, or when someone assumed I couldn't succeed. That's what drove me, all those nights studying. The fact that so many figured I couldn't do it."
Author: Sarah Dessen
41. "Hoverboarding looks so fun, like being a bird. But actually doing it is hard work."Shay shrugged. "Being a bird's probably hard work too. Flapping your wings all day, you know?"
Author: Scott Westerfeld
42. "Rhode Island works hard to reduce air pollution in our communities. We passed laws to prohibit cars and buses from idling their engines and to retrofit school buses with diesel pollution controls. But there is only so much a single state can do, particularly against out-of-state pollution."
Author: Sheldon Whitehouse
43. "If you ask men why they did a good job, they'll say, 'I'm awesome. Obviously. Why are you even asking?' If you ask women why they did a good job, what they'll say is someone helped them, they got lucky, they worked really hard."
Author: Sheryl Sandberg
44. "I had some hesitations about philosophy because, if you worked out a philosophical theory, it was hard to know whether you were going to be able to prove it or whether other theories had just as good a claim on belief."
Author: Stephen Cole Kleene
45. "We worked so hard we almost stopped enjoying it."
Author: Susanna Hoffs
46. "Ben Says: To all of the children of today...Work hard & study well. You can be me...because I was once you! Education will always get you far!"
Author: Timothy Pina
47. "I gave myself permission to care, because there are a lot of people in this world who are afraid of caring, who are afraid of showing they care because it's uncool. It's uncool to have passion. It's so much easier to lose when you've shown everyone how much you don't care if you win or lose. It's much harder to lose when you show that you care, but you'll never win unless you also stand to lose. I've said it before. Don't be afraid of your passion, give it free reign, and be honest and work hard and it will all turn out just fine."
Author: Tom Hiddleston
48. "We need a wireless mobile device ecosystem that mirrors the PC/Internet ecosystem, one where the consumers' purchase of network capacity is separate from their purchase of the hardware and software they use on that network. It will take government action, or some disruptive technology or business innovation, to get us there."
Author: Walt Mossberg
49. "I wasn't necessarily the brightest in my family. I think my older sister was probably more clever, but I worked very hard."
Author: Wendi Deng Murdoch
50. "There are actors who spend 20 years working and still don't achieve what I've achieved so quickly. So I think my only course of action is to work as hard as I can, not just for the sake of the film, but also to prove to these people that I do have talent."
Author: Zhang Ziyi
Quotes About Work Hard Pictures