Famous Quotes About Worrying
Browse 57 famous quotes and sayings about Worrying.
Top Quotes About Worrying
1. "Let's face it: It's difficult enough to be funny without worrying about what is going to offend whom."
Author: Alan King
2. "...how sorry she felt for white people, who couldn't do any of this (sit talking with friends and growing melons) and who were always dashing around and worrying themselves over things that were going to happen anyway. What use was it having all the money if you could never sit still or just watch your cattle, and yet they did not know it. Every so often you met a white person who understood, who realized how things really were; but these people were few and far between and the other white people often treated them with suspicion."
Author: Alexander McCall Smith
3. "It means that all witches who hunt will turn their full attention on the ones Dominique considers responsible for my murder. They will call on their allies. They will track down anyone they have ever know to have a connection to the killers, without worrying about messy treaties with SingleEarth or other normally respected neutral havens.""I don't suppose they care that your are not, in fact, dead," Nikolas said.Sarah shook her head. "In their eyes, I am."
Author: Amelia Atwater Rhodes
4. "I wasted years worrying about what other people thought."
Author: Amy Waldman
5. "'How big's your dick?' Zak blurted. His father gave a roar of outrage. 'How good's your dental plan?' asked Number Five. Zak laughed. 'You can't ask that,' his father snapped at his side. 'My favorite composer is Rachmaninov. My last client moved to New Zealand. There's nothing stuck to my shoe. I had fruit for breakfast and I don't waste my time worrying. I make sure there's never anything to worry about.' He walked across the room and put his mouth close to Zak's ear. 'In answer to your last. How responsive's your gag reflex?'"
Author: Barbara Elsborg
6. "You can't start a fireWorrying 'bout your little world falling apartThis gun's for hireEven if we're just dancing in the dark"
Author: Bruce Springsteen
7. "But you know, even worrying about haircuts couldn't depress me. Because every time I started sinking low, I'd just remember about football. All this time I'd thought I wanted to be a trainer, when it turned out I wanted to be a player instead. I saw something I wanted to do and I decided to do it. The feeling of freedom this gave me—I can't even describe it. It was my decision. I chose it. I am not a cow."
Author: Catherine Gilbert Murdock
8. "Worrying about how you'll be remembered is pointless. Better to try to live your life in such a way that people will respect you while you're still alive."
Author: Charles Cumming
9. "To Grandma,for being my first editor and giving me the best writing advice I've ever received: "Christopher, I think you should wait until you're done with elementary school before worrying about being a failed writer."
Author: Chris Colfer
10. "If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever."
Author: Dalai Lama XIV
11. "When you fear you will confirm a negative stereotype, it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy not because the stereotype is true, but because you can't stop worrying that you could become an example proving it.This self-fulfilling prophecy, being only a matter of perception, can be easily sublimated. Another study by Steele measured the math abilities of men versus women. When the questions were easy, the women and men performed the same. When they were difficult, the women's scores plummeted lower than did those of their male peers. When they ran the tests again with new participants, but this time before handing out the problems told the subjects that men and women tended to perform equally on the exam, the scores leveled out. The women performed just as well as did the men. The power of the stereotype--women are bad at math--was nullified."
Author: David McRaney
12. "When a physical illness or other adverse circumstance arises, humans tend to add to the problem by worrying and increasing the mental anxiety in their situation. Let's take illness as an example. We have to face the fact that life is not always perfect and that disease occasionally happens. When you fall into a painful situation or get sick, the best thing to do is to think about the greater anguish being suffered by so many of our fellow creatures. This is more productive than being concerned about one's own suffering and compounding it with worry, giving too much attention to the pain"
Author: Doug Ten Rose
13. "If you have a strong sense of who you are and what you're doing, then it's actually easier to work with other people, because you don't have to worry about them or yourself. You're just worrying about getting the best product, and all that other stuff is out of the way."
Author: Eliza Coupe
14. "The more worrying feature of the new global corporate structures is their capacity to devastate national labour markets by transferring their operations to cheaper locations overseas."
Author: Fredric Jameson
15. "Our past cannot be changed, and to be preoccupied with it is inefficient in time and effort. Likewise, by fretting over the future, we only exhaust ourselves, making us less able to effectively respond when the future is actually upon us. By worrying about a mishap that may or may not take place, we're forced to undergo the event twice—once when imagining it and once again if and when we actually experience it."
Author: H.E. Davey
16. "As the syringe was filled, Butch stepped up into the surgeon's grille. Even as incapacitated as the cop was from the inhaling, he was straight-up deadly as he spoke. "I don't need to tell you not to f*ck my buddy. Right." The surgeon looked around his little-glass-bottle-and-needle routine. "I'm not thinking about sex at the moment, thank you very much. But if I was, it sure as shit wouldn't be with him. So instead of worrying about who I'm tapping, how'd you like to do us all a favor and have a shower. You stink." Butch blinked. Then smiled a little. "You have balls." "And they're made of brass. Big as church bells, too."
Author: J.R. Ward
17. "Destiny is a worrying concept. I don't want to be fated, I want to choose."
Author: Jeanette Winterson
18. "If we did go into a recession, something that's always possible for the U.S. or Europe, we could lower interest rates and expand the money supply without worrying about the price of gold."
Author: Jeffrey Sachs
19. "In the past, Cameron, worrying about Ian, would go make sure that he wasn't sitting alone in a huddle, or staring for hours at a Ming bowl, or pouring over some endless mathematical exercise. These days, Cameron knew that Ian used the excuse of not liking crowds to spend more time alone with his wife – in bed."
Author: Jennifer Ashley
20. "I had not the least idea of a gamekeeper's occupation being so dangerous - there had never been such a person employed on the Longbourn estate - and just as I had spent half the previous night wondering about Peter, I spent half the next one worrying about him."
Author: Jennifer Paynter
21. "I brush her hair back from her forehead. "You need to stop worrying about everything that can't be controlled." She signs and leans away from my hand, "That's just it, though. It's all I can think about anymore. It's like this fixation I have no control over which makes no sense because Im fixated on controlling the uncontrollable." She's breathing wildly. Shit. I need to calm her down."
Author: Jessica Sorensen
22. "I'd like to just be a little bit more open to making mistakes and not worrying about it so much."
Author: Joan Jett
23. "True, you're not a slave. You're worse off than that by a long, long way. You're a predatory beast shut up in a cage of which the bars aren't fixed, solid objects you can gnaw at or in despair batter against with your head until you get punch-drunk and stop worrying. No, those bars are the competing members of your own species, at least as cunning as you on average, forever shifting around so you can't pin them down, liable to get in your way without the least warning, disorienting your personal environment until you want to grab a gun or an axe and turn mucker."
Author: John Brunner
24. "I view my strongest competition as myself. You're always trying to top yourself, rather than worrying about what other people are doing."
Author: John C. Reilly
25. "Don't lose today by worrying about tomorrow!!!"
Author: John F Herbert I Wish
26. "The only thing money gives you is the freedom of not worrying about money."
Author: Johnny Carson
27. "My dog doesn't worry about the meaning of life. She may worry if she doesn't get her breakfast, but she doesn't sit around worrying about whether she will get fulfilled or liberated or enlightened. As long as she gets some food and a little affection, her life is fine."
Author: Joko Beck
28. "My worryingly paradoxical thought process could be summarized thus: Thank God I don't believe in the secret rulers of the world. Imagine what the secret rulers of the world might do to me if I did!"
Author: Jon Ronson
29. "Stop worrying about being that perfect person because no one is perfect. Put your focus on being that right person that will love, understand, and care for that other."
Author: Jonathan Anthony Burkett
30. "Rather than having regrets over events in the past, or worrying whether or not the future will bring you what you need or desire, allow yourself to rest in the present, the now. Understand that all that has transpired has brought you to this moment, and in this very moment, riches that far outweigh those of the world already lie within you."
Author: Kristi Bowman
31. "Now, I normally do not like it when people sing near me, much less at me. I don't care if they're good, bad, or mediocre. It's all the same. Unless you're signed to a major label with music I can find on iTunes, I don't want to hear your live performance. It's why I can't watch American Idol. I keep worrying the contestants will mess up and be embarrassed, and then I'll be embarrassed for them."
Author: Lauren Morrill
32. "It is a time when one's spirit is subdued and sad, one knows not why; when the past seems a storm-swept desolation, life a vanity and a burden, and the future but a way to death. It is a time when one is filled with vague longings; when one dreams of flight to peaceful islands in the remote solitudes of the sea, or folds his hands and says, What is the use of struggling, and toiling and worrying any more? let us give it all up."
Author: Mark Twain
33. "How can a person deal with anxiety? You might try what one fellow did. He worried so much that he decided to hire someone to do his worrying for him. He found a man who agreed to be his hired worrier for a salary of $200,000 per year. After the man accepted the job, his first question to his boss was, "Where are you going to get $200,000 per year?" To which the man responded, "That's your worry."
Author: Max Lucado
34. "Yet even though they were together, she could not stop worrying about how much time they would have-"
Author: Melissa De La Cruz
35. "The idea that they were going to have to-eventually-go someplace that was even hotter than this was now was worrying Harrier, but there wasn't much he could do about it at the moment. He couldn't imagine why anybody would want to live here if they had a choice. Sometimes, he thought, people were idiots."
Author: Mercedes Lackey
36. "We spend too much time fretting over the way the industry produces programming, and too little worrying about the way the public consumes it."
Author: Michael Medved
37. "One who has loved truly, can never lose entirely. Love is whimsical and temperamental. Its nature is ephemeral, and transitory. It comes when it pleases,and goes away without warning. Accept and enjoy it while it remains, but spend no time worrying about its departure. Worry will never bring it back."
Author: Napoleon Hill
38. "When you visit countries that don't nurture these kinds of ambitions, you can feel th absence of hope...people are reduced to worrying only about that day's shelter or the next day's meal. It's a shame, even a tragedy, how many people do not get to think about the future. Technology coupled with wise leadership not only solves these problems but enables dreams of tomorow."
Author: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
39. "Boobs are like boyfriends. You go around wishing for them and trying to figure out what you have to do to get them, and worrying about all the things you're probably doing wrong, and then one day, who knows why, you wake up and find you've got more than you wanted."
Author: Pamela Todd
40. "My girlfriend is sad and quiet and keeps me up all night worrying about her."
Author: Rainbow Rowell
41. "I did not lie awake at night worrying about the problems of Negroes."
Author: Robert F. Kennedy
42. "Worrying and Stressing is useless simply because whatever GOD has for you is for you. Let GOD happen."
Author: Sabrina Newby
43. "Lizzie said that if you imagined you were standing on the moon, looking down on the earth, you wouldn't be able to see the itty-bitty people racing around worrying you wouldn't see the barn falling in or the cow stuck in the pond; you wouldn't see the mean Granger kids squirting mustard on your white dress. You would see the most beautiful blue oceans and green lands, and the whole earth would look like a giant blue-and-green marble floating in the sky. Your worries would seem so small, maybe invisible."
Author: Sharon Creech
44. "As I go clowning my sentimental way into eternity, wrestling with all my problems of estrangement and communion, sincerity and simulation, ambition and acquiescence, I shuttle between worrying whether I matter at all and whether anything else matters but me."
Author: Stephen Fry
45. "Bella: How could I live with myself when it's my fault? None of you should be risking yourselves for me –Jasper: Bella, Bella, stop. You're worrying all the wrong things, Bella. Trust me on this – none of us are in jeopardy… Our family is strong. Our only fear is losing you.Bella: But why should you –Alice: It's been almost a century that Edward's been alone. Now he's found you. You can't see the changes that we see, we who have been with him for so long. Do you think any of us want to look into his eyes for the next hundred years if he loses you?"
Author: Stephenie Meyer
46. "If you would stop worrying about things you don't control and release what God has put into you, you will change everything around you."
Author: Steve Maraboli
47. "These things have a life of there own and never existed when I was growing up certainly worrying when one would get made. It's kind of amazing how that one movie kept living through all these years."
Author: Stockard Channing
48. "Worrying gets you nowhere"
49. "No man can add one dollar to his bank account by worrying."
Author: Vash Young
50. "That's the funny thing," she said. "Men always want to die for something. For someone. I can see the appeal. You do it once and it's done. No more worrying, not knowing, about tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow. I know you all think it sounds brave, but I'll tell you something even braver. To struggle and fight for the ones you love today. And then do it all over again the next day. Every day. For your whole life. It's not as romantic, I admit. But it takes a lot of courage to live for someone, too."
Author: Victor LaValle
Quotes About Worrying Pictures