Famous Quotes About Yale
Browse 87 famous quotes and sayings about Yale.
Top Quotes About Yale
1. "To go from Yale to the National League is simply to go from one form of management to another."
Author: A. Bartlett Giamatti
2. "You tell me one other person that graduated from Yale that is as inarticulate as Bush. Yale's a great school, and here's this idiot."
Author: Al Jourgensen
3. "By the time I came down from Yale, I was already more radicalized and had begun to read New Masses."
Author: Albert Maltz
4. "I graduated in 1930 and I went up to the Yale Drama School for two years."
Author: Albert Maltz
5. "I auditioned for 'Girls' the fall after I graduated from Yale. The show has been amazing - as close to perfect as it gets!"
Author: Allison Williams
6. "MaafkanJika senyumkuTersembunyi dibalik air mataDan kata-kata mesraMenjadi tanpa dayaKarena terperangkapDalam PrasangkaTapi Tuhan Tahu..Cinta yang kupunyaLebih berwarnaDari yang kau kira"
Author: Asma Nadia
7. "With Yale, my world got so big all of a sudden. At school, if you could dream it, someone would make it so that you could do it. It was magical. I had a lot going on, as you do when you're 17, and didn't necessarily capitalize on all of it, but it made me see possibility in a way that I hadn't before."
Author: Bellamy Young
8. "[I]t was in the pairs that the prisoners kept alive the semblance of humanity concluded Elmer Luchterhand, a sociologist at Yale who interviewed fifty-two concentration camp survivors shortly after liberation.Pairs stole food and clothing for each other, exchanged small gifts and planned for the future. If one member of a pair fainted from hunger in front of an SS officer, the other would prop him up.Survival . . . could only be a social achievement, not an individual accident, wrote Eugene Weinstock, a Belgian resistance fighter and Hungarian-born Jew who was sent to Buchenwald in 1943.Finally the death of one member of a pair often doomed the other. Women who knew Anne Frank in the Bergen-Belsen camp said that neither hunger nor typhus killed the young girl who would become the most famous diarist of the Nazi era. Rather, they said, she lost the will to live after the death of her sister, Margot."
Author: Blaine Harden
9. "The Yale anthropologist Weston La Barre goes far as to argue that `a surprisingly good case could be made that much of culture is hallucination` and that `the whole intent and function of ritual appears to be... a group wish to hallucinate reality`."
Author: Carl Sagan
10. "I first became interested in women and religion when I was one of the few women doing graduate work in Religious Studies at Yale University in the late 1960's."
Author: Carol P. Christ
11. "The U.S. is blessed with tremendously creative and imaginative law students at places like Chicago, Harvard, Columbia and Yale."
Author: Cass Sunstein
12. "I feel like 'Gossip Girl' isn't really 'Gossip Girl' anymore when they're away at school because they don't go to NYU; they go to, like, Yale and Brown. New York City is just as much a character as anyone else in the books, and I was really sort of reluctant to show them off in their separate college worlds."
Author: Cecily Von Ziegesar
13. "I really liked Yale, although it was extremely intimidating. When I visited the campus, I was hiding behind trees, I felt so unworthy."
Author: Claire Danes
14. "At Yale, when he was young and headstrong, he'd been sure that one day he'd be the very axis of the world, that his life would be one of deep impact. But every young man thought that. A condition of youth, your own importance. The mark you'd make upon the world. But a man learns sooner or later. You take your little nice and you make it your own."
Author: Colum McCann
15. "Estradiol—Estradiol is the strongest estrogen; it helps you think clearly. It is produced in the ovaries and has many protective effects, including maintaining bone density, improving growth hormone production and cardiovascular function, keeping your blood from getting "sticky," supporting cognitive function and mood, assisting in growth hormone release, and improving your lipids profile. Too much estradiol can be associated with estrogen-related cancers, but deficiencies can lead to osteoporosis, heart disease, dementia, and other diseases of aging. Estradiol keeps you looking and feeling young and vibrant. It also provides antiaging protection for the skin. And it even helps prevent weight gain. Researchers at Yale University have found that estradiol suppresses appetite using the same pathways in the brain as leptin, which is one of the hormones that regulate appetite."
Author: Daniel G. Amen
16. "Children are amazing, and while I go to places like Princeton and Harvard and Yale, and of course I teach at Columbia, NYU, and that's nice and I love students, but the most fun of all are the real little ones, the young ones."
Author: David Dinkins
17. "She was always going to be the smartest, kindest, funniest, loyalest person we would ever meet, and the fact of her not being here well it just isn't right"
Author: David Nicholls
18. "School is very important; it was very important for me. It gave me an enormous amount of confidence, especially at Yale where we were dealing with all the classics. In dealing with the classics, you are dealing with the very best."
Author: Enrico Colantoni
19. "Scratch a Yale man with both hands and you'll be lucky to find a coast-guard. Usually you find nothing at all."
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
20. "And Yale is November, crisp and energetic."
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
21. "Nevertheless, his very superiority kept him from being a success in college--the independence was mistaken for egotism, and the refusal to accept Yale standards with the proper awe seemed to belittle all those who had."
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
22. "Aci ve yeteneksizlik- buydu tüm ötedünyalilari yaratan...Kendi acilarini görmemek ve kendinden geçmek, mest edici bir haz gibidir aci çekene.Benlik der ki Ben'e, ''Aci duy!''Bunun üzerine Ben aci çeker ve acidan nasil kurtulacagini düsünür- ve tam da bu nedenle düsünmesi gereklidir.Ne mi oldu?Kendimi yendim, aci çekeni...Kendi külümü tasidim daglara, daha parlak bir alev buldum kendime.O zaman kaçti hayalet benden."
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
23. "Çalar saatin çaliyor, kesinlikle kimildamiyorsun, yataginda kaliyor, gözlerini yeniden yumuyorsun. Komsu odalarda baska çalar saatler çalmaya basliyor. Su seslerini, kapanan kapilari, merdivenlerdeki hizli ayak seslerini isitiyorsun. Saint Honoré sokagi araba gürültüleri, lastik gicirtilari, vites degistirmeler, kesik kesik korna sesleriyle dolmaya basliyor. Pancurlar çarpiyor, saticilar kepenklerini kaldiriyorlar.Kimildamiyorsun. Kimildamayacaksin. Bir baskasi, bir benzerin, senin hayaletimsi, isine düskün bir esin artik yapmadigin hareketleri senin yerine, bir bir yapiyor belki: Kalkiyor, yikaniyor, tras oluyor, giyiniyor, çikiyor. Onun merdivenlerde sekmesine, sokakta kosmasina, otobüse tam kalkarken yetismesine, söylenen saatte nefes nefese, neseyle salonun kapisina varmasina ses çikarmiyorsun. Genel Sosyoloji Yüksek Ögrenim Sertifikasi. Birinci yazili sinav"
Author: Georges Perec
24. "Who is more in touch with the problems of this country? One of those guys who goes off to Oxford or to University of Yale, or someone who has lived in buses, in the Metro, in the street?"
Author: Gloria Trevi
25. "I'm as bouge as the next person. My mother was a waitress and my father was a bartender. People think I went to Yale and shit, because I have a vocabulary and I wear a suit. I wear a suit because I aspire to wear a fuckin' suit. I didn't work my whole fuckin' life to wear a Hello Kitty fuckin' wifebeater up here."
Author: Greg Proops
26. "I used to teach at Yale, which was at one time a center of postmodernist literary theory. Derrida was there. Paul de Man was there."
Author: Harry Frankfurt
27. "A whale ship was my Yale College and my Harvard."
Author: Herman Melville
28. "In framing a system which we wish to last for ages, we shd. not lose sight of the changes which ages will produce. [James Madison in the U.S. Constitutional Convention, June 26, 1787. The Records of the Federal Convention of 1787, ed. Max Farrand (New Haven: Yale University Press, 1966), 1:422.]"
Author: James Madison
29. "When I was a college student at Yale, I was studying physics and mathematics and was absolutely intent on becoming a theoretical physicist."
Author: James Rothman
30. "Yale places great stress on undergraduate and graduate teaching. I like teaching, and I do a lot of it."
Author: James Tobin
31. "Although most Americans apparently loathe inflation, Yale economists have argued that a little inflation may be necessary to grease the wheels of the labor market and enable efficiency-enhancing changes in relative pay to occur without requiring nominal wage cuts by workers."
Author: Janet Yellen
32. "Nefarious. This is what we get when we hire a Yale boy.""You missed sacrosanct earlier. And taciturn and glowering," Jack said."What's glowering?""Me, apparently."Wilkins pointed. "Now that has to be a joke." He turned to Davis. "You heard that, right?"Davis didn't answer him, having spun his chair around to type something at his computer. "Let's see what Google says… Ah – here it is. ‘Glowering: dark; showing a brooding ill humor."
Author: Julie James
33. "Say she had nefarious motives."Davis looked over at Jack with a bemused grin. "Nefarious. This is what we get when we hire aYale boy.""You missed sacrosanct earlier. And taciturn and glowering," Jack said."What's glowering?""Me, apparently."
Author: Julie James
34. "Beni öldürmen korkunç bir hata olur. Ailemdeki kadinlar kötü bir sekilde öldürüldükleri takdirde, hayalet olarak geri dönme egilimindedir." Thomas'in bakislari Fia'nin gözlerine kilitlendi. "Hayalet mi?" "Evet, süzülen beyaz elbisemi giyinir, bogazimdan aci sesler çikaririm. Böyle bir seyi görmekten pek hoslanmazsin."
Author: Karen Hawkins
35. "Na jawie snisz z otwartymi oczamiCo dzieje sie miedzy nami ze nie poznalemTego kraju co otwiera ci bramyI dokad nigdy wizy nie dostalemCi przez których przeszla muzyka Zdaja sie lasu galezia co drzyUginajaca sie pod ptakamiAle tyCi których wzrok sie sklada z nieprzeliczonych szlifów liczbyCi którzy zongluja funkcjami mgly Ci których paraboliczny umysl blyska jak lustroHipoteza to ich papieros skreconyAle tyTy milczysz z dlonia przy skroniI nie smiem zapytac cie o nic"
Author: Louis Aragon
36. "It is really one of the most serious faults which can be found with the whole conception of democracy, that its cultural function must move on the basis of the common denominator. Such a point of view indeed would make a mess of all of the values which we have developed for examining works of art. It would address one end of education in that it would consider that culture which was available to everyone, but in that achievement it would eliminate culture itself.This is surely the death of all thought.This quote is taken from "The Artist's Reality: Philosophies of Art" by Mark Rothko, written 1940-1 and published posthumously in 2004 by Yale University Press, pp.126-7."
Author: Mark Rothko
37. "The nation's forests were being cut faster than they could grow back. In the 1890s, while Aldo was growing up, the United States had begun to set aside forest reserves to protect the trees. Then, while Aldo was in high school, one of the country's first forestry schools opened at Yale University. Aldo knew immediately what he wanted to do. If he could become a forester, he could get paid to work in the woods all day. How could a job get any better?"
Author: Marybeth Lorbiecki
38. "Yale is practicing a most unusual media strategy. I'd call it Just say nothing."
Author: Merrie Spaeth
39. "Nodding, Parker ate. "He's an exceptional kisser.""He really is. He . . . How do you know?" When Parker just smiled, Emma's jaw dropped. "You? You and Jack? When? How?""I think it's disgusting," Mac muttered. "Yet another best pal moving on my imaginary ex.""Two kisses, my first year at Yale, after we ran into each other at a party and he walked me back to the dorm. It was nice. Very nice. But as exceptional a kisser as he is, it was too much like kissing my brother. And as exceptional a kisser as I am, I believe he felt it was too much like kissing his sister. And that's how we left it. I gather that wasn't an issue for you and Jack."
Author: Nora Roberts
40. "So I decided to start writing plays, and went to Yale."
Author: Richard Foreman
41. "Let's just say, there's not much of a moon out tonight," Nose continued anyway, "but if Yale joined us, there would be."
Author: Ripley Patton
42. "And the only studies were - Rodney Dangerfield was my mentor and he was my Yale drama school for comedy."
Author: Robert Klein
43. "The silence lasted precisely five seconds, during which time eyes roamed other eyes, several throats were cleared, and no one moved in his chair. It was as if a decision were being reached without discussion: evasion was to be avoided. Congressman Efrem Walters, out of the hills of Tennessee by way of the Yale Law Review, was not to be dismissed with facile circumlocution that dealt with the esoterica of clandestine manipulations. Bullshit was out."
Author: Robert Ludlum
44. "Also, while I was at Yale, I had a job teaching kids at the museum."
Author: Robert T. Bakker
45. "Entering the foyer, Royale already decided that he would thank Shake once more for being by his side at Keena's recital. But she stunned him by eagerly waiting for him just like old times—on her knees wearing only a collar and a leash."
Author: S.B. Redd
46. "Mold—William Henry Yale also subscribed to Roosevelt's notions of the ideal American man and of the dangers of "over-civilization," code for effeminacy. The true man, in this worldview, was a rugged individualist, physically fit as well as intellectually cultured, as equally at home leading men into battle or shooting big game on the prairie as chatting with the ladies in the salon."
Author: Scott Anderson
47. "I turned down a scholarship to Yale. The problem with college is that there's a tendency to mistake preparation for productivity. You can prepare all you want, but if you never roll the dice you'll never be successful."
Author: Shia LaBeouf
48. "I wrote fiction during my entire childhood, from age 4 to 18, and started writing plays when I went to Yale and Oxford."
Author: Taiye Selasi
49. "I was a garbage man in New Jersey in summers during college at Yale. Everybody else got to go to Switzerland and I got to go to the dump."
Author: Tom Perrotta
50. "Now, I'll tell you something that might interest you. Casino Royale was the first Bond book that Ian Fleming ever wrote. And he couldn't get anybody to touch it, to publish it - he couldn't do anything about it at all. Nobody wanted to know."
Author: Val Guest
Quotes About Yale Pictures