Famous Quotes About Yalty
Browse 530 famous quotes and sayings about Yalty.
Top Quotes About Yalty
1. "Knighthood. Was he even worthy? Just a little while ago, he'd have answered yes without a doubt, but now, facing the cross and his own desires, he wasn't so sure. Courage, loyalty, obedience, faith. If even a man like Ulric could act against those virtues, then they were not something one possessed, but something to be constantly guarded and reclaimed."
Author: Aleksandr Voinov
2. "[L]earn how to distinguish the king from royalty; the king is but a man; royalty is the gift of God. Whenever you hesitate as to whom you ought to serve, abandon the exterior, the material for the invisible principle, for the invisible principle is everything."
Author: Alexandre Dumas
3. "Therefore there was no doubt in Sala's mind that Sok then was a rival for Anousak's affection, and what better way to get rid of any possible rivals than through execution! Not only would this be a test of Anousak's unfailing loyalty to the party, Sala sedately thought, but also of his love towards me."
Author: Andrew James Pritchard
4. "Think of the cafeteria as a road map to where you belong." Danielle pointed to the beautiful people in one corner. "Princesses and Princes over here. Then you have Heroes—leading ladies and gents that aren't royalty—Sidekicks, Villains, Pirates, Faeries, Future Animal Friends, and the ones scattered are extras—not too important but important enough to be here. Like I said, everyone sticks to their own kind.""Who are you?" "Cinderella of course," Danielle giggled."
Author: Angela Parkhurst
5. "I urge the enactment of a civil service law so explicit and so strong that no partisan official will dare evade it, basing all rewards, promotions and salaries solely on merit, on loyalty and industry in the public service."
Author: Arthur Capper
6. "It was worth a wound - it was worth many wounds - to know the depth of loyalty and love that lay behind that cold mask."
Author: Arthur Conan Doyle
7. "Our challenges may be new. The instruments with which we meet them may be new. But those values upon which our success depends - honesty and hard work, courage and fair play, tolerance and curiosity, loyalty and patriotism - these things are old. These things are true. They have been the quiet force of progress throughout our history. What is demanded then is a return to these truths. What is required of us now is a new era of responsibility - a recognition, on the part of every American, that we have duties to ourselves, our nation, and the world, duties that we do not grudgingly accept but rather seize gladly, firm in the knowledge that there is nothing so satisfying to the spirit, so defining of our character, than giving our all to a difficult task."
Author: Barack Obama
8. "For all the enlightened nations that profess a loyalty to liberty, democracy, economy and all the rest, there has long been a readiness to look for a chosen one; as Carlyle pointed out, even the French, those great anti-venerators, those relentless beheaders of Great Men, worshipped Voltaire."
Author: Chris Anderson
9. "We have to recognise that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment, unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, persistence."
Author: Cornel West
10. "Confidentiality is a virtue of the loyal, as loyalty is the virtue of faithfulness."
Author: Edwin Louis Cole
11. "The loyalty of the true believer is to the whole -- the church, party, nation -- and not to his fellow true believer."
Author: Eric Hoffer
12. "Loyalty and friendship, which is to me the same, created all the wealth that I've ever thought I'd have."
Author: Ernie Banks
13. "This whole tribal loyalty seems to have gone."
Author: Fiona Shaw
14. "His principle can be quite simply stated: he refuses to die while he is still alive. He seeks to remind himself, by every electric shock to the intellect, that he is still a man alive, walking on two legs about the world. For this reason he fires bullets at his best friends; for this reason he arranges ladders and collapsible chimneys to steal his own property; for this reason he goes plodding around a whole planet to get back to his own home; and for this reason he has been in the habit of taking the woman whom he loved with a permanent loyalty, and leaving her about (so to speak) at schools, boarding-houses, and places of business, so that he might recover her again and again with a raid and a romantic elopement. He seriously sought by a perpetual recapture of his bride to keep alive the sense of her perpetual value, and the perils that should be run for her sake."
Author: G.K. Chesterton
15. "Most of us understand that innovation is enormously important. It's the only insurance against irrelevance. It's the only guarantee of long-term customer loyalty. It's the only strategy for out-performing a dismal economy."
Author: Gary Hamel
16. "It is treason to sacrifice love of truth, intellectual honesty, loyalty to the laws and methods of the mind, to any other interests, including those of one's country."
Author: Hermann Hesse
17. "But Colin's only understanding of love was of limitless loyalty, boundless tolerance:"
Author: J.K. Rowling
18. "If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."
Author: James Herriot
19. "Loyalty is for the dogs. Count me among the cats. And count me twice—once for each of my faces."
Author: Jarod Kintz
20. "You're the ghost of royalty imposing love You are the queen and king combining everything Intertwining like a ring around the finger of a girl I'm just a singer, you're the world All I can bring ya Is the language of a lover((Bella Luna))"
Author: Jason Mraz
21. "The writer's first affinity is not to a loyalty, a tradition, a morality, a religion, but to life itself, and to its representation in language."
Author: Jayne Anne Phillips
22. "If you ever start feeling like you have the goofiest, craziest, most dysfunctional family in the world, all you have to do is go to a state fair. Because five minutes at the fair, you'll be going, 'you know, we're alright. We are dang near royalty.'"
Author: Jeff Foxworthy
23. "I have my own high standards for what I want in a partner and how I want to be treated. I bring a lot to the table. I'm not talking about material things but what I have to offer as a person - love and loyalty and all the things that make a good relationship."
Author: Jennifer Lopez
24. "Free man needs loyalty to the self first of all, and this implies the right to be himself"
Author: Joost A. M. Meerloo
25. "Walter's eyes were very wonderful. All the joy and sorrow and laughter and loyalty and aspirations of many generations lying under the sod looked out of their dark-gray depths."
Author: L.M. Montgomery
26. "Still, when your truthful eyes,your keen, attentive stare,endow the vacuous slutwith royalty, when you matchher soul to her shimmering hair,what can she do but riseto your imagined throne?And what can I, but seebeyond the world that is,when, faithful, you insistI have the golden key--and learn from you once morethe terror and the bliss,the world as it might be?"
Author: Lisel Mueller
27. "Darling, family can be the very devil in disguise. More powerful than any drug, more alluring than any sin. They can demand a loyalty that will rip your heart out and chew it up without the thought of an apology."
Author: Liz Reinhardt
28. "The elements of love, devotion, loyalty I have found in the words, never found in humans. That is why I never truly loved."
Author: M.F. Moonzajer
29. "Among those who share a throne there can be no loyalty; Dominion's ever impatient consort."
Author: Marcus Annaeus Lucan
30. "Men were notorious for their acts of disloyalty."
Author: Margaret Way
31. "That's terrifying," said Iko, who had acknowledged the truth of Cinder's race much as she'd acknowledged Thorne's convict status: with loyalty and acceptance, but without changing her opinion that Lunars and convicts remained untrustworthy and unredeemable as a general rule."
Author: Marissa Meyer
32. "Marketers know - no matter how deep the emotional connection or brand loyalty - when a product does not perform, rational thought overtakes emotion, and most consumers make a new choice."
Author: Mark McKinnon
33. "It's all very well for such a person to whine and moan and criticize other family members, but they won't let anyone else do it. That's when you get your back up and show loyalty."
Author: Markus Zusak
34. "The Thriller album is still the biggest album of all time. That is still returning huge royalty cheques."
Author: Martin Bashir
35. "Your father was no longer a young man. he was already in his fifties.'Fifty-six,' Eddie said blankly.Fifty-six,' the old woman repeated. 'His body had been weakened, the ocean had left him vulnerable, pneumonia took hold of him, and in time, he died.'Because of Mickey?' Eddie said.Because of loyalty,' she said.People don't die because of loyalty.'They don't?' she smiled. 'Religion? government? Are we not loyal to such things, sometimes to the death?'Eddie shrugged.Better,' she said, 'To be loyal to one another."
Author: Mitch Albom
36. "Loyalty was a great thing, but no lieutenants should be forced to choose between their leader and a circus with elephants."
Author: Neil Gaiman
37. "A lot of women ask themselves why they should bring a child into the world? So that it will be hungry, so that it will be cold, so that it will be betrayed and humiliated, so that it will be slaughtered by war or disease? They reject the hope that its hunger will be satisfied, its cold warmed, that loyalty and respect will accompany it through life, that it will be a devote a life to the effort to eliminate war and disease."
Author: Oriana Fallaci
38. "Poets, as a class, are business men. Shakespeare describes the poet's eye as rolling in a fine frenzy from heaven to earth, from earth to heaven, and giving to airy nothing a local habitation and a name, but in practice you will find that one corner of that eye is generally glued on the royalty returns."
Author: P.G. Wodehouse
39. "We prefer that the leaders of the Iraqi armed forces do the honorable thing; stop fighting for a regime that does not deserve your loyalty."
Author: Peter Pace
40. "Say yes,' he whispers. ‘Marry me.'I hesitate. I open my eyes. ‘You will get my fortune,' I remark. ‘When I marry you, everything I have becomes yours. Just as George has everything that belongs to Isabel.'‘That's why you can trust me to win it for you,' he says simply. ‘When your interests and mine are the same, you can be certain that I will care for you as for myself. You will be my own. You will find that I care for my own.'‘You will be true to me?'‘Loyalty is my motto. When I give my word, you can trust me."
Author: Philippa Gregory
41. "If unconditional love, loyalty, and obedience are the tickets to an eternal life, then my black Labrador, Venus, will surely be there long before me, along with all the dear animals in nature who care for their young at great cost to themselves and have suffered so much at the hands of humans."
Author: Richard Rohr
42. "Did you mean it... that if Victor did tell...that you'd..." I couldn't finish. I couldn't bring myself to say the words have him killed."I don't have much influence in the upper levels of Moroi royalty, but I have plenty among the guardians who handle the dirty work in our world.""You didn't answer the question. If you'd really do it.""I'd do a lot of things to protect you, Roza."
Author: Richelle Mead
43. "You had your heart broken much?"He paused. "Of course. Everyone does. Part of life.""Tell me her name. I'll kick her ass. I don't want anyone hurting you."He rested his face against my hair, his tone even and gentle when he spoke. "You're wondrous and powerful and gifted, but even you can't save me from hurting. No one can do that for anyone. I can make things perfect in the fictions I create, but the real world isn't so kind. That's just how it is. And anyway, for every bad thing in life, there are more good things to tip the balance.""Like what?""Like little blonde nieces. And royalty checks. And you."
Author: Richelle Mead
44. "One devoted to his cat would not leave it long alone. A cat's loyalty is not a thing to be taken for granted, but courted day by day."
Author: Robin Hobb
45. "What about passion, dedication, loyalty? Can a robot provide those? No! On the other hand, it's easier to retire a robot when its day is done."
Author: Stanley Bing
46. "When you put yourself in the customer's shoes and begin your dialog from there, an immediate connection develops that stems beyond basic commerce and encourages loyalty."
Author: Steve Maraboli
47. "The strength of Freemasonry is in its loyalty to each other."
Author: Vasilios Karpos
48. "It is not an unusual life curve for Westerners - to live i n and be shaped by the bigness, sparseness, space clarity & hopefulness of the West, to go away for study and enlargement and the perspective that distance and dissatisfaction can give, and then to return to what pleases the sight and enlists the loyalty and demands the commitment."
Author: Wallace Stegner
49. "The death of this honorable man upon this battlefield leaves all of us the poorer for his loss, yet so much the richer for the friendship and love and loyalty with which he gifted us in life. May his spirit speed unhindered to the other side to join those already there and to await us until we join him in our own times."
Author: Walter C. Conner
50. "All of us want to live, and that is absolutely natural. However, we should learn from childhood on to choose our best way to die. If we don't do that, we end up spending our days like a dog, only in search of harbour, food and expressing a blind loyalty to his owner in return. That isn't enough to make our lives have a meaning."
Author: Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Quotes About Yalty Pictures