Famous Quotes About You Are My World
Browse 159 famous quotes and sayings about You Are My World.
Top Quotes About You Are My World
1. "I begin with the young. We older ones are used up but my magnificent youngsters! Are there finer ones anywhere in the world? Look at all these men and boys! What material! With you and I, we can make a new world."
Author: Adolf Hitler
2. "Oliver liked to keep the windows and shutters wide open in the afternoon, with just the swelling sheer curtains between us and life beyond, because it was a 'crime' to block away so much sunlight and keep such a landscape from view, especially when you didn't have it all life long, he said. Then the rolling fields of the valley leading up to the hills seemed to sit in a rising mist of olive green: sunflowers, grapevines, swatches of lavender, and those squat and humble olive trees stooping like gnarled, aged scarecrows gawking through our window as we lay naked on my bed, the smell of his sweat, which was the smell of my sweat, and next to me my man-woman whose man-woman I was, and all around us Mafalda's chamomile-scented laundry detergent, which was the torrid afternoon world of our house."
Author: André Aciman
3. "Perhaps you are right. In another setting it would be ridiculous, too grand. In another setting it would not happen because you are a famous woman and at best I would shake your famous hand for one second while you stepped into your car after a performance. But in this place I hear you sing every day. In this place I watch you eat your dinner, and what I feel in my heart is love. There is no point in not telling you that. These people who detain us so pleasantly may decide to shoot us after all. It is a possibility. And if that is the case, then why should I carry this love with me to the other world? Why not give to you what is yours?"
Author: Ann Patchett
4. "The bouquetBetween me and the worldyou are a bay, a sailthe faithful ends of a ropeyou are a fountain, a wind, a shrill childhood cry.Between me and the worldyou are a picture frame, a windowa field covered in wildflowersyou are a breath, a bed,a night that keeps the stars company.Between me and the world, you are a calendar, a compassa ray of light that slips through the gloomyou are a biographical sketch, a book marka preface that comes at the end.between me and the worldyou are a gauze curtain, a mista lamp shining in my dreamsyou are a bamboo flute, a song without wordsa closed eyelid carved in stone.Between me and the worldyou are a chasm, a poolan abyss plunging downyou are a balustrade, a walla shield's eternal pattern."
Author: Bei Dao
5. "So much time ago, we lovedWe love stillWe will love foreverMy heart was brokenNow it is mendedEach new day begins And my heart singsTo the feel of your loveAnd the beat of your heartAt night I sleepWith you in my heartIt beats only for you my loveEach beat matched by yoursI long for the timeThat we spend togetherEach snatched momentI will treasureYou eyes they shineWith your love for meSo tender and caringSo full of loveIf I cannot have you to myselfI will treasure each moment that we haveForever my darlingYou are my soulOur hearts are linkedBy the bond we shareEach thought we haveWe also careTo you my loveI give my AllMy heart And my soulYou are the stars in the skyThe wind on my faceThe rain in my eyesThe tears on my cheeksYou are the biggest part of meThat I cannot denyAs I sit here with a tear in my eyeA tear of joy shed only for youFor all you areFor all you can beThis I am grateful forTill the day I dieYou are my worldYou are my lifeYou are my soul."
Author: Bethany Walkers
6. "Reading all my old love letters was disorienting. You remember thinking the thoughts and writing the words but, man, you can't TOUCH those feelings. Its like they belonged to someone else. Someone you don't even know. I'm aware, in an intellectual way. That I felt all those things about him, but this emotions are far away now.What's so strange to me is that I can't even force my heart back to that place where I felt that all consuming passion. That makes me feel distant from myself. Who WAS I then? Will I ever be able to get back to that place? Reading the letters again made me wonder: Which is the real me? The one who saw the world in that emotionally saturated way, or the me who sees it the way I do now?"
Author: Bill Shapiro
7. "You act as if I were your enemy."You are my enemy. You seek to end the things I love."And is an ending always bad? it asked. Must not all things, even worlds, someday end?"There is no need to hasten that end," Vin said. "No reason to force it."All things are subject to their own nature, Vin, Ruin said, seeming to flow around her. She could feel its touch on her—wet and delicate, like mist. You cannot blame me for what I am. Without me, nothing would end. Nothing could end. And therefore, nothing could grow. I am life. Would you fight life itself?Vin fell silent.Do not mourn because the day of this world's end has arrived, Ruin said. That end was ordained the very day of the world's conception. There is a beauty in death—the beauty of finality, the beauty of completion.For nothing is truly complete until the day it is finally destroyed."
Author: Brandon Sanderson
8. "You. Must. Do. Your. Homework. I'm not kidding. Our world is full of dangerous things. When you neglect your studies, you deny yourself the tools to deal with them. Every assignment-"I lifted a hand to stop him. "Allow me. Every assignment is a rare window into the ancient and noble tradition of the Guardians, a key to the mysterious power of the Crossworld, blah, blah. Don't forget the part about how I'm not living up to my potential."
Author: Cecily White
9. "You are a vampire. That's big news in my world. I don't generally date the living dead.What sort of dead do you usually date?"
Author: Christine Warren
10. "You must be kidding." She says, "Having the power of life and death isn't enough. Youmust wonder what other poems are in that book."Hitting me as fast as a hiccup, me resting my weight on my good foot, just staring at her, I say no.She says, "Maybe you can live forever."And I say no.And she says, "Maybe you can make anyone love you."No.And she says, "Maybe you can turn straw into gold."And I say no and turn on my heel."Maybe you could bring about world peace," she says."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
11. "I roll the window downAnd then begin to breathe inThe darkest country roadAnd the strong scent of evergreenFrom the passenger seat as you are driving me home.Then looking upwardsI strain my eyes and tryTo tell the difference between shooting stars and satellitesFrom the passenger seat as you are driving me home."do they collide?" I ask and you smile.With my feet on the dashThe world doesn't matter.When you feel embarrassed then i'll be your prideWhen you need directions then i'll be the guideFor all time."
Author: Death Cab For Cutie
12. "I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)I am never without it (anywhereI go you go,my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing,my darling)I fear no fate (for you are my fate,my sweet)I want no world (for beautiful you are my world,my true)and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is youhere is the deepest secret nobody knows(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which growshigher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apartI carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)"
Author: E.E. Cummings
13. "You sold us out, Clark. You gave them the power that should have been ours. Just like your parents taught you. My parents taught me a different lesson... lying on this street... shaking in deep shock... dying for no reason at all. They showed me that the world only makes sense when you force it to."
Author: Frank Miller
14. "When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." To this day, especially in times of "disaster," I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world."
Author: Fred Rogers
15. "If you put all the European countries together, we are the biggest economy in the world."
Author: George Papandreou
16. "Reading is a sage way to bump up against life. Reading may be an escape, but it is not an escape from my own life and problems. It is an escape from the narrow boundaries of being only me. Reading in some wonderful ways helps me find out who I am. When she was a young girl Patricia MacLachlan's mother encouraged her to "read a book and find out who you are." And it is true that in some ways reading defines me as it refines me. Reading enlarges my vision of the world; it helps me understand someone who is different from me. It makes me bigger on the inside. We tend to see the world from our own perspective; it is good to see it from the eyes of others. Good literature helps me understand who I am in relation to what others experience. Far from being an escape from reality, good literature is a window into reality. I read to feel life."
Author: Gladys Hunt
17. "Coral, my love, you are too pure, too innocent, too alive for me," he said slowly, almost carefully. "My world is like a drawing in black and white on a gray canvas, without a single note of color to bring it to life. And now, on this pale and melancholic picture, a red flower has fallen, a warm and scented flower." He sighed. "It's a wonderful contrast, but too vivid…"
Author: Hannah Fielding
18. "I believe that much of a man's character will be found betokened in his backbone. I would rather feel your spine than your skull, whoever you are. A thin joist of a spine never yet upheld a full and noble soul. I rejoice in my spine, as in the firm audacious staff of that flag which I fling half out to the world."
Author: Herman Melville
19. "The queen gazes into the garden. There, near the trees, is a fountain; it is white in the darkness and tall, tall as a ghost. The queen hears, through the talk and the music, the soft splashing of its waters. She looks and thinks. You, Sirs, you are all noble, clever, rich, you throng round me, every one of my words is precious to you, you are all ready to die at my feet, you are my slaves.. But there, by the fountain, by the plashing water, he whose slave I am awaits me. He wears neither gorgeous raiment nor precious stones, no one knows him, but he await me, sure that I come – and I shall come –and there is no power in the world that can stop me when I want to go to him, to be with him, to lose myself with him there in the darkness of the garden, with the rustling of the trees and the murmur of the fountain …' Zinaida was silent."
Author: Ivan Turgenev
20. "Look at me." I stood in front of both of them. To Liz,I said, "You and Davis are adorable together." I turned to Chloe. "And you and Gavin are-"She raised her eyebrows at me."-interesting together.You can't let my fight with Nick ruin your relationships with your hot boyfriends. Come on, now.My fight with Nick has been going on for years.It's like this black hole,with gravity so strong that not even light can escape, sucking in winter breaks and dates and whole relationships,until the world-are you listening to me?"When I'd started waxing poetic,Chloe's attention had wandered around the room. I grabbed her chin and turned her face to me again. "Until the very world is devoid of love!""It's not that bad," Nick's voice came faintly through the locker room wall.We all looked at one another."Let's go up to my apartment," Chloe said. "Forget them.I have something in my room that will cheer us up, and it's much better than boys."
Author: Jennifer Echols
21. "I'm not sure," she said. "There's no one answer to that. You have tofind your own way. Sometimes I try to erase myself. I imagine a bigpink soft soap eraser, and it's going back and forth, back and forth,and it starts down at my toes, back and forth, back and forth, andthere they go-poof!-my toes are gone. And then my feet. And then myankles. But that's the easy part. The hard part is erasing my senses-myeyes, my ears, my nose, my tongue. And last to go is my brain. Mythoughts, memories, all the voices inside my head. That's the hardest,erasing my thoughts." She chuckled faintly. "My pumpkin. And then, ifI've done a good job, I'm erased. I'm gone. I'm nothing. And then theworld is free to flow into me like water into an empty bowl."
Author: Jerry Spinelli
22. "Toby smiled and started to speak, but Josh adjusted his hold on Tank and reached back, covering Toby's mouth."Wait," Grace said. "I think he was going to actually use words.""Yeah, but trust me, you don't want to hear them."Toby pulled Josh's hand away. "Are you my new mommy?"Grace's mouth fell open in shock, and Toby giggled at the sight."Okay, Tiger," Josh said. "You know I love the sound of your laugh, probably more than any sound in the world, but I will squash you like a grape if you say that to one more woman today."
Author: Jill Shalvis
23. "Jay Maisel always says to bring your camera, ‘cause it's tough to take a picture without it. Pursuant to the above aforementioned piece of the rule book, subset three, clause A, paragraph four would be…use the camera.Put it to your eye. You never know. There are lots of reasons, some of them even good, to just leave it on your shoulder or in your bag. Wrong lens. Wrong light. Aaahhh, it's not that great, what am I gonna do with it anyway? I'll have to put my coffee down. I'll just delete it later, why bother? Lots of reasons not to take the dive into the eyepiece and once again try to sort out the world into an effective rectangle.It's almost always worth it to take a look."
Author: Joe McNally
24. "You are aware of only one unrest;Oh, never learn to know the other!Two souls, alas, are dwelling in my breast,And one is striving to forsake its brother.Unto the world in grossly loving zest,With clinging tendrils, one adheres;The other rises forcibly in questOf rarefied ancestral spheres.If there be spirits in the airThat hold their sway between the earth and sky,Descend out of the golden vapors thereAnd sweep me into iridescent life.Oh, came a magic cloak into my handsTo carry me to distant lands,I should not trade it for the choicest gown,Nor for the cloak and garments of the crown."
Author: Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
25. "Tell me what it is that you are hiding behind your eyes.Tell me of the pain, so I can make it go away.Tell me what it is that you are missing in your life.I want to be the angel who takes care of your soul.Finally I'm alive in your love. There is so much tenderness in your heart.There is so much spirit in your smile.But it is your innocence mixed with mischievousness that I love.I am with you to protect you for the rest of my life.Finally I'm alive in your love. Do not let anything dilute your smile ever again.To see you happy I would do anything, mi amor. You are the woman that I dream of late into the night.It is because of your smile that my life has meaning once again.Finally I'm alive in your love.And every day my love grows stronger for you.And the sadness that I once carried is forever gone.I thank destiny and God for putting you in my life.Since you came into my world, my dreams have all woken up. Finally I'm alive in your love."
Author: José N. Harris
26. "But you are alone. Yet I never tell what you are. And if your face lights up my world as no other can - well, this feeling too, when viewed as the mere psychologist has to view it, appears to be simply what all the other friends report about their friends."
Author: Josiah Royce
27. "You are my heart. The most beautiful and precious thing in my world. Don't forget that."
Author: Kahlen Aymes
28. "It was perhaps relief and confidence stemming from the opportunity to tempt you into being my accomplice, however indirectly, in the lonely work of producing the mask. For me, whatever you may say, you are the most important "other person." No, I do not mean it in a negative sense. I meant that the one who must first restore the roadway, the one whose name I had to write on the first letter, was first on my list of "others." (Under any circumstances, I simply did not want to lose you. To lose you would be symbolic of losing the world.)"
Author: Kōbō Abe
29. "In life, we are all on the same journey, we are all struggling to get from point A to point B. Different people have different point A originations and B destinations, but the path we travel is the same. If you can take what you have learned; share the experience and shortcuts you've discovered along the way, offer time saving tips and how you finally made it - then you can lighten the load of those who are just beginning on a similar path. Getting paid for it is an added bonus. My hope is that you do not end your journey at "I wrote a book" but rather understand that your book is just the beginning. Imagine the products you can create based on the contents of your book. Imagine the opportunities to share your knowledge with more people by speaking, training, coaching. You have an important message to share and the world is waiting..."
Author: Kytka Hilmar Jezek
30. "I've never loved before but this has to be it. You are everything I want and need. You make me complete and having you in my arms is the most right thing in my world. Every thought involves you and how to keep you close."
Author: Laurann Dohner
31. "I have a little theory that I'd like to air here, if I may. What is it that you think makes you magicians?" More silence. Fogg was well into rhetorical-question territory now anyway. He spoke more softly. "Is it because you are intelligent? Is it because you are brave and good? Is is because you're special? Maybe. Who knows. But I'll tell you something: I think you're magicians because you're unhappy. A magician is strong because he feels pain. He feels the difference between what the world is and what he would make of it. Or what did you think that stuff in your chest was? A magician is strong because he hurts more than others. His wound is his strength. Most people carry that pain around inside them their whole lives, until they kill the pain by other means, or until it kills them. But you, my friends, you found another way: a way to use the pain. To burn it as fuel, for light and warmth. You have learned to break the world that has tried to break you."
Author: Lev Grossman
32. "If you feel your value lies in being merely decorative, I fear that someday you might find yourself believing that's all that you really are. Time erodes all such beauty, but what it cannot diminish is the wonderful workings of your mind: Your humor, your kindness, and your moral courage. These are the things I cherish so in you. I so wish I could give my girls a more just world. But I know you'll make it a better place." -- Marmee, Little Women"
Author: Louisa May Alcott
33. "You are funny like a kid and awesome like a princessUnseen like an angel, like the morning sunshine… Kindness like a river and highness like a mountain, In the middle of the Rheine, the cute face and sweet lips …(La la la la, La la , mmmm , mm …)Keep the lovely smile, in your juicy icy eyes Open the heaven for my eyes, forever angel voice Never angry never harsh, never mad never marsh Dear or darling, either diamond or dime, Overall the dream of the world"
Author: M.F. Moonzajer
34. "Alas! I regret that I am taken from you; and, happy and beloved as I have been, is it not hard to quit you all? But these are not thoughts befitting me; I will endeavor to resign myself cheerfully to death, and will indulge a hope of meeting you in another world."
Author: Mary Shelley
35. "...'it's not that you are too small, my little chick,but rather that the world is too big."
Author: Melanie Benjamin
36. "It's obvious which one you are,' Jimmy Hailler tells me as we walk through Hyde Park. 'If it's so obvious why can't I see it.' 'Because you live in your own world and can't see anything.' 'Then which one am I?' 'You're all four. You're constantly bitching things under your breath, you come across bloody stupid because you don't speak, on a particular angle in that uniform on an overcast day with your hair up, you've got that stocky butch thing happening, plus you're pashing other girl's boyfriends which makes you a slut."
Author: Melina Marchetta
37. "How are you feeling, man?" he asks me."Great," I tell him, and it is purely the truth. Doves clatter up out of a bare tree and turn at the same instant, transforming themselves from steel to silver in the snow-blown light. I know at that moment that the drug is working. Everything before me has become suddenly, radiantly itself. How could Carlton have known this was about to happen? "Oh," I whisper. His hand settles on my shoulder."Stay loose, Frisco," he says. "There's not a thing in this pretty world to be afraid of. I'm here."I am not afraid. I am astonished. I had not realized until this moment how real everything is. A twig lies on the marble at my feet, bearing a cluster of hard brown berries. The broken-off end is raw, white, fleshly. Trees are alive."I'm here," Carlton says again, and he is."
Author: Michael Cunningham
38. "You are so far high up in my world,My own personal astrologer found a new star."
Author: Michelle Geaney
39. "You see, at the end of the day, my most important title is still 'mom-in-chief.' My daughters are still the heart of my heart and the center of my world."
Author: Michelle Obama
40. "Don't you dare come into my world and tell me what color the ocean is! It's black. Black as midnight. Black and awful!"
Author: Nadia Scrieva
41. "One late-autumn day I opened the back door to fetch some water, and there was a young hare sat on my back step. Save for the twitching of its nose, it froze in position as if I had surprised it as it was about to knock. It was already the size of a full-grown rabbit, and its black-tipped ears were longer than any rabbit's would ever be. I stood there and waited for it to flush. After a while I began to doubt that it would, and squatted down to its level for a closer look, eye to eye. It stared at me apparently unconcerned, chewing silently, with bulging eyes that were such a rich golden colour they were almost orange, with black depths like the keyhole of a door to another world."
Author: Neil Ansell
42. "I don't fool you, do I? Those others"—he waved a vague hand to indicate theirmissing comrades—"they think I'm all that—but you know better, don't you.""Know what?" she'd asked.He leaned forward, smelling of beer and cigarettes. "You know I'm a fraud. I canfeel the beast inside me, screaming to get out. And if I loose it, it will pull me up to greatness despite myself.""So why not let it free?" She hadn't been a werewolf then. The world had been a gentler place, the monsters safely in their closets, and she had been brave in her ignorance.His eyes were old and weary, his voice slurring a bit. "Because then everyone wouldsee," he told her."See what?""Me."
Author: Patricia Briggs
43. "How do you calculate upon the unforeseen? It seems to be an art of recognizing the role of the unforeseen, of keeping your balance amid surprises, of collaborating with chance, of recognizing that there are some essential mysteries in the world and thereby a limit to calculation, to plan, to control."
Author: Rebecca Solnit
44. "So many details came into focus. The shape of his lips, the line of his neck. "I'm not dangerous," I breathed.He brought his face toward mine. "You are to me."And somehow, against all reason, we were kissing. I closed my eyes, and the world around me faded."
Author: Richelle Mead
45. "Traitor!" Hera shouted. "You meddlesome, D-list goddess! You aren't worthy to pour my wine, much less rule the world."
Author: Rick Riordan
46. "In a way, literature is true than life,' he said to himself. 'On paper, you say exactly and completely what you feel. How easy it is to break things off on paper! You hate, you shout, you kill, you commit suicide; you carry things to the very end. And that's why it's false. But it's damned satisfying. In life, you're constantly denying yourself, and others are always contradicting you. On paper, I make time stand still and I impose my convictions on the whole world; they become the only reality."
Author: Simone De Beauvoir
47. "He clears his throat, "Have you considered he sees you as a girl at school? Not all girls are whole when you meet them. Sometimes you have to help them get there. Right now, you are a broken girl. That doesn't mean that you'll always be broken. That doesn't make you less of a girl." He clears his throat again, "I'll call the doc. She'll want to talk to you."The tears in my eyes don't come out. They stay in there like tiny kaleidoscopes, trying to make the world the way I need it to be. My words don't come right away either. I don't hear the click on his end when I whisper, "I'm not broken." But he isn't there. He never really is. He is the master of not being there."
Author: Tara Brown
48. "I realized that I don't want to try to change you in order to be with you. That's not fair to you. And I deserve to share my life with someone who's on the same path as me, and right now, that's not you. But I need you to know that you have been such a strength and a comfort to me when I had nothing and," I started to cry, "I love you so much. You truly are my best friend. I don't want to have to imagine my world without you in it. But if following my truth creates that, then know that I will always love you no matter what you choose to do with your life."
Author: The Hippie
49. "Pardon me also, and deal mercifully with me, as often as I think of anything besides You in prayer. For I confess truly that I am accustomed to be very much distracted. Very often I am not where bodily I stand or sit; rather, I am where my thoughts carry me. Where my thoughts are, there am I; and frequently my thoughts are where my love is. That which naturally delights, or is by habit pleasing, comes to me quickly. Hence You Who are Truth itself, have plainly said: 'For where your treasure is, there is your heart also.' If I love heaven, I think willingly of heavenly things. If I love the world, I rejoice at the happiness of the world and grieve at its troubles. If I love the flesh, I often imagine things that are carnal. If I love the spirit, I delight in thinking of spiritual matters. For whatever I love, I am willing to speak and hear about."
Author: Thomas à Kempis
50. "There exists nowhere on Earth a "soulful place" -- everywhere you are, is the soulful place. The entire world is filled with mystical qualities, including your little slice of the world. Paradise and enlightenment are always within your reach. It's joy. And you should work on filling all your years with as much joy as possible."
Author: William Shatner
Quotes About You Are My World Pictures