Famous Quotes About You Cannot Please Everyone
Browse 29 famous quotes and sayings about You Cannot Please Everyone.
Top Quotes About You Cannot Please Everyone
1. "It might be hard to be new when everyone else belongs."
Author: Ally Condie
2. "The buffalo isn't as dangerous as everyone makes him out to be. Statistics prove that in the United States more Americans are killed in automobile accidents than are killed by buffalo."
Author: Art Buchwald
3. "You will never know the feeling of a driver when winning a race. The helmet hides feelings that cannot be understood."
Author: Ayrton Senna
4. "Be real. Embrace that you have weakness. Because everyone does. Embrace that your body is not perfect. Because nobody's is. Embrace that you have things you can't control. We all have a list of them."
Author: Dan Pearce
5. "I can tell you as a fact that if you'd asked anyone in Hollywood one year before 'Pirates of the Caribbean' had come out, they'd have told you the pirate movie was a dead genre. And it's not that it's a dead genre. If you make a bad pirate movie, no one will want to see it. If you make a good one, everyone will want to see it."
Author: Dean Devlin
6. "I'm sorry for him who cannot hear what the tall trees have to say."
Author: Edgar A. Guest
7. "That was a lesson everyone (every human?) learned before puberty, not to let reality seem diminished by fiction. As the proverb went, It's bad enough comparing yourself to Isaac Newton without comparing yourself to Kimball Kinnison."
Author: Eliezer Yudkowsky
8. "If you cannot please everyone with your deeds and your art, please a few. To please many is bad."
Author: Friedrich Schiller
9. "We cannot control what emotions or circumstances we will experience next, but we can choose how we will respond to them."
Author: Gary Zukav
10. "Immortality is a chancy thing; it cannot be promised or earned. Perhaps it cannot even be identified for what it is."
Author: Gregory Maguire
11. "You cannot run a business, or anything else, on a theory."
Author: Harold S. Geneen
12. "Now, I cannot approve anything the council has rejected, but I can reject anything the council has approved."
Author: Jane Alexander
13. "We had a bishop this morning and what do you think he said?"The most beneficent promise made us in the Bible is this,'The poor ye have always with you.' They were put here in order to keep us charitable."The poor, please observe, being a sort of useful domestic animal. If I hadn't grown into such a perfect lady, I should have gone up after service and told him what I thought."
Author: Jean Webster
14. "We will freedom for freedom's sake, in and through particular circumstances. And in thus willing freedom, we discover that it depends entirely upon the freedom of others and that the freedom of others depends upon our own. Obviously, freedom as the definition of a man does not depend upon others, but as soon as there is a commitment, I am obliged to will the liberty of others at the same time as my own. I cannot make liberty my aim unless I make that of others equally my aim."
Author: Jean Paul Sartre
15. "A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world: everyone you meet is your mirror."
Author: Ken Keyes Jr.
16. "A fair deal, as everyone knows, is when both people give something of more or less equal value. If you were bored with laying with your chemistry set, and you gave it to your brother in exchange for his dollhouse, that would be a fair deal. If someone offered to smuggle me out of the country in her sailboat, in exchange for free tickets to an ice show, that would be a fair deal. But working for years in a lumbermill in exchange for the owner's trying to keep Count Olaf away is an enormously unfair deal, and the three youngsters knew it."
Author: Lemony Snicket
17. "The lack of belief is a defect that ought to be concealed when it cannot be overcome."
Author: Lillian Smith
18. "I cannot harness a horse. I am afraid of a cow."
Author: Lyman Abbott
19. "I had now been a servant for three years, and could act the part well enough by that time. But Nancy was very changeable, two-faced you might call her, and it wasn't easy to tell what she wanted from one hour to the next. One minute she would be up on her high horse and ordering me about and finding fault, and the next minute she would be my best friend, or pretend to be, and would put her arm through mine, and say I looked tired, and should sit down with her, and have a cup of tea. It is much harder to work for such a person, as just when you are curtsying and Ma'am-ing them, they turn around and upbraid you for being so stiff and formal, and want to confide in you, and expect the same in return. You cannot ever do the correct thing with them."
Author: Margaret Atwood
20. "Once at a record store in San Francisco, over a thousand kids showed up. They pushed forward and broke a window. A big piece of glass fell on top of this girl. And the girl's throat was slit. She just got slit. And I remember there was blood everywhere. Oh God, so much blood. And she grabbed her throat and was bleeding and everyone just ignored her. Why? Because I was there and they wanted to grab at me and get my autograph. I wonder whatever happened to that girl."
Author: Michael Jackson
21. "You cannot live to please everyone else. You have to edify, educate and fulfill your own dreams and destiny, and hope that whatever your art is that you're putting out there, if it's received, great, I respect you for receiving it. If it's not received, great, I respect you for not."
Author: Octavia Spencer
22. "I'm a succubus."He shook his head. "No, you aren't.""Yes, I am.""You aren't."I was a bit surprised to be having this conversation. "I am too.""No. Succubi are flame-eyed and bat-winged. Everyone knows that. They don't wear jeans and sweaters."
Author: Richelle Mead
23. "Drill one hole after another into [language] until that which lurks behind, be it something or nothing, starts seeping through – I cannot imagine a higher goal for today's writer."
Author: Samuel Beckett
24. "Eternal Love,Distance is the salvation of my life, it is the magic of our love, thanks to that magic, I have finally learned to love you, from a distance. Go, but go far from me, I have a fear of losing you. Don't come close, please, do not destroy our love. I don't want to lose you. Distance has returned the love that was no longer there. Please don't ever return, because we've both discovered the essence of what we have. Distance will carry our love through eternity! Eternal love that only distance can keep alive."
Author: Sergio Figueira Correia
25. "Does everyone look younger asleep?"
Author: Suzanne Collins
26. "Hell is where everyone is doing his own thing. Paradise is where everyone is doing God's thing."
Author: Thomas Howard
27. "Gift giving is a true art.1. You need to understand the person to whom you intend to give the gift.2. You need to know what they truly want.3. You must be able to give it to them.Anything less is a symptom of varying degrees, on your part, of ignorance, distance, or insult.But if you cannot afford the right gift, telling the person what you would do if you could, justifies everything—as you present that not-so-perfect substitute."
Author: Vera Nazarian
28. "We are intelligent beings: intelligent beings cannot have been formed by a crude, blind, insensible being: there is certainly some difference between the ideas of Newton and the dung of a mule. Newton's intelligence, therefore, came from another intelligence"
29. "Beauty . . . cannot be interpreted. It is not an empirically verifiable fact; it is not a quantity."
Author: Wendell Berry
Quotes About You Cannot Please Everyone Pictures