Famous Quotes About You Did It
Browse 3000 famous quotes and sayings about You Did It.
Top Quotes About You Did It
1. "I've never seen you flip the bird, RJ," Luke says.I can't stop the little smile that creeps up onto my lips.I really don't know what came over me.I've never been the vixen.I'm always one hundred percent good girl."Yeah,it felt weird.And wrong. And awesome.""Well,you're lucky Mr. Bates didn't see you.Principles usually frown on that kind of sign language." He laughs."Mr. Bates can suck it," I say defiantly."Whoa!" Luke replies and we both laugh. "Have you been watching wrestling with Ben again? Admit it, Ricki Jo. You love oiled-up fat guys in unitards.""Ew!"
Author: Alecia Whitaker
2. "Ryder, we got a problem," Ristan called from beyond the other side of the etched-glass shower door."Someone had better be dying, Ristan," Ryder growled when he'd pulled away from kissing me."They might be. You need to come see this.""We will be right there," Ryder called out as I slid down his hard body.He watched me with a smirk and then placed his hand on my arm to move me from beneath the water, so he could rinse off. I watched him, unable to pull my eyes off of his hands as they roved over his body.He was quicksand,and I was sinking."Did you say we?" Ristan asked.I blushed from my head to my Paint Your Toron-Toes Rose colored toenails. I opened the shower door and stepped out meeting Ristan's eyes. "Don't ask.""How the…did you sift into his shower?" he asked, bubbling with laughter."I said don't ask! It wasn't my fault. I was sleeping!" I shouted as both men laughed even harder."Real mature, just real fucking mature!"
Author: Amelia Hutchins
3. "That last night," she said quietly. "Why did you say you hoped you'd never see me again?"He hadn't said it; it had been his last thought when he'd turned to leave. But he didn't seem to notice the discrepancy as he looked at her now."Because," he began before faltering, his voice leaving on a sigh. His left hand reached to rake a path through his hair, scattering the inky thickness in all directions. "The more I learn of you, the more difficult it is to stay away."
Author: Angela B. Wade
4. "It's a very cheery thing to come into London by any of these lines which run high and allow you to look down upon the houses like this."I thought he was joking, for the view was sordid enough, but he soon explained himself."Look at those big, isolated clumps of buildings rising up above the slates, like brick islands in a lead-coloured sea.""The board-schools.""Light-houses, my boy! Beacons of the future! Capsules with hundreds of bright little seeds in each, out of which will spring the wiser, better England of the future."
Author: Arthur Conan Doyle
5. "Father God, thank You for having no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, You did by sending Your own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. (Rom. 8:1–3) Help me to understand that the loving chastisement that might come to me after I have rebelled against You is only in the purest Father's love and is never to be confused with condemnation. (Heb. 12:6)"
Author: Beth Moore
6. "I always see to the dogs first and leave the cats and the occasional birds and rabbits and hamsters for later. It isn't that I play favorites, it's just that dogs are needier than other pets. Leave a dog alone for very long and it'll start going a little nuts. Cats, on the other hand, try to give you the impression that they didn't even notice you were gone. "Oh, were you out?" they'll say, "I didn't notice." Then they'll raise their tails to show you their little puckered anuses and walk away."
Author: Blaize Clement
7. "If you're really on top, you probably didn't do that great, 'cause you have to water it down a bit for it to get that mass appeal."
Author: Brad Paisley
8. "Do you want to go back to Vienna?" he said.Alec didn't answer, just stared into space."Or we could go somewhere else," said Magnus. "Anywhere you want. Thailand, South Carolina, Brazil, Peru – Oh, wait, no, I'm banned from Peru. I'd forgotten about that. It's a long story, but amusing if you want to hear it."
Author: Cassandra Clare
9. "I didn't know I was lostUntil you found meI never knew what love wasUntil you touched my handI lost myself long agoIn between your lipsAnd now here you areYou steal my breath awayUntil you I never really knew heavenCause until you it was only ever hellI didn't know I was so far goneUntil you brought me homeI promise you, girlI know you're shatteredI'll pick up your piecesAnd make you whole againCause until you girlI've been shattered tooSince my very first kissIt's only been you"
Author: Christine Zolendz
10. "Acronym, n.I remember the first time you signed an email with SWAK. I didn't know what it meant. It sounded violent, like a slap connecting. SWAK! Batman knocking down the Riddler. SWAK! Cries of "Liar! Liar!" Tears. SWAK! So I wrote back: SWAK? And the next time you wrote, ten minutes later, you explained.I loved the ridiculous image I got from that, of you leaning over your laptop, touching your lips gently to the screen, sealing your words to me before turning them into electricity. Now every time you SWAK me, the echo of that electricity remains."
Author: David Levithan
11. "Kaitlin said, "I'm so sick of that 'Greatest Generation' crap. We finally drove a silver nail through the heart of Generation X, only to have this new monster rear its head. And I'm soooooo sick of Tom Hanks looking earnest all the time. They should make a Tom Hanks movie where Tom kills off Greatest Generation figureheads one by one."Bree arrived on cue: "And then he starts killing other generations. He becomes this supernova of hate--all he wants to do is destroy.""Hate clings to him like a rich, lathery shampoo. His lungs secrete it like anthrax foam."Mom lost it. "Stop it! All of you! Tom Hanks is a fine actor who would never hurt anybody. At least not onscreen."I thought, 'Hey, didn't Tom Hanks mow down half of Chicago in "Road to Perdition?"' Well, whatever."
Author: Douglas Coupland
12. "So, did you need to hear that? Did you really need to know more?' Xas asked.'Yes. It's always better to know more.''God help you,' Xas said with feeling."
Author: Elizabeth Knox
13. "I BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW THIS, but lots of guys have a thing for Ariel. You know, from The Little Mermaid? I've never been into her myself, but I can understand the attraction: she fills out her shells nicely, she's a redhead, and she spends most of the movie unable to speak. In light of this, I'm not too disturbed about the semi I'm sporting while watching Beauty and the Beast—part of the homework Erin gave me. I like Belle. She's hot. Well…for a cartoon, anyway. She reminds me of Kate. She's resourceful. Smart. And she doesn't take any shit from the Beast or that douchebag with the freakishly large arms. I stare at the television as Belle bends over to feed a bird. Then I lean forward, hoping for a nice cleavage shot… I'm going to hell, aren't I?"
Author: Emma Chase
14. "I remember many a time, going into someplace like Wrigley Field - where you could cut the humidity with a knife - and playing a doubleheader. I loved to play the game. It didn't matter if it was a doubleheader, or a single game, or a day game after a night game. I wanted to play."
Author: Gary Carter
15. "We all have demons but the only way to beat them is if you drag them into the light. Walk with your ghosts but don't let them own you. Always remember you did the best you could at that time, no second guessing about it because you can't. It happened that way and you can't change it so learn to live with it as best you can. And then leave it alone."
Author: J.J. Snow
16. "You have given me something ... I didn't even know I needed. It's the greatest gift I will ever receive--it's, like, completing me already in places I wasn't aware were empty. And yet ... in spite of all that? I don't love you one bit more. You are as important to me as you've always been." He curled down and pressed a kiss to the loose shirt she was wearing--it was one of his, actually, and wasn't that great. "I was wholly bonded to you before this, and will be after this--and forevermore.""You're going to make me cry again.""So cry. And let me take care of you. I got this."
Author: J.R. Ward
17. "You don't have to own something for it to be you. Haven't you ever gone into a gallery and seen a painting and said 'that's me'. Or had a piece of music capture something deep down you didn't even know was there? You realize it's always been part of youl you've just never heard it before."
Author: James L. Rubart
18. "Chose the wrong door, you see. No, that's not right. That's wrong. Reverse that. Strike that. Didn't choose the door. Should have gone through it but didn't. Didn't, didn't, didn't. Want to go back and walk through it, because I think it would be good, but I can't now. What's done is done. Over. Finished. I went the other way. Didn't even put my hand on the knob." Simon looked up, his gaze darting back and forth between Marcus and the fountain and his shoes. "Had my chance."
Author: James L. Rubart
19. "This is really good," Donovan Caine said, attacking his third strawberry pancake. "You sound surprised," I said. He shrugged. "I just didn't think an assassin would be able to cook like this." "Well, I do get lots of practice with knives. You could say I'm multitasking." The detective froze, his fork halfway to his mouth. "I'm kidding. I enjoy cooking. It relaxes me."
Author: Jennifer Estep
20. "Remember that summer you liked that girl who worked at theboardwalk? Angie?""No," he said, but I knew he was lying. "What about her?""Did you ever hook up with her?"Conrad finally lifted his head up from the couch. "No," he said."I don't believe you.""I tried, once. But she socked me in the head and said she wasn't that kind of girl.I think she was a Jehovah's Witness or something."
Author: Jenny Han
21. "My master likewise mentioned another Quality which his Servants had discovered in several Yahoos, and to him was wholly unaccountable. He said, a Fancy would sometimes take a Yahoo, to retire into a Corner, to lie down and howl, and groan, and spurn away all that came near him, although he were young and fat, wanted neither Food nor Water; nor did the Servants imagine what could possibly ail him. And the only Remedy they found was to set him to hard Work, after which he would infallibly come to himself. To this I was silent out of Partiality to my own Kind; yet here I could plainly discover the true Seeds of Spleen, which only seizeth on the Lazy, the Luxurious, and the Rich; who, if they were forced to undergo the same Regimen I would undertake for the Cure."
Author: Jonathan Swift
22. "And you never even reported it. You should have reported it. I could have took fingerprints. I'd love to lock up them skinheads.""What I'm reporting is the gun, my Sig Sauer." Dave said. "Hetzel will have it. I want it back.""What did it cost you?" Rose said."That's not the point," Dave said. "It's the only gun I ever owned. I'm against guns. They give too many people power who have no right to it. Guns cancel out intelligence, reason, decency, civility, and put terror in their place. I got along without a gun most of my working life. But a man can't buck the odds forever. About five years back I bought the Sig Sauer. I'm used to it. And I don't know that I'm morally prepared to buy another one."
Author: Joseph Hansen
23. "I Nephi, being exeedingly young, nevertheless being large in stature, and also having great desires to know of the mysteries of God, wherefore, I did cry unto the Lord; and behold he did visit me, and did soften my heart that I did believe all the words which had been spoken by my father; wherefore, I did not rebel against him like unto my brothers."
Author: Joseph Smith Jr.
24. "It's too late," she whispered.He whirled her around. "Don't say that! We are no better than animals if we cannot learn from our mistakes and move forward."She lifted her chin. "It isn't that. I don't want to marry you anymore." And she didn't, she realized ...He paled and whispered, "You're just saying that.""I mean what I say, Robert. I don't want to marry you.""You're angry," he reasoned. "You're angry, and you want to hurt me, and you have every right to feel that way.""I'm not angry." She paused. "Well, yes, I am, but that's not why I'm refusing you."He crossed his arms. "Why, then? Why won't you even listen to me?""Because I'm happy now! Is that so difficult for you to understand? I like my position and I love my independence."
Author: Julia Quinn
25. "How?" I had seen it with my own eyes, but I still didn't believe it. Then something struck me. "Take off your shirt!""I'm not that kind of guy!" He frowned thoughtfully. "On second thought, why not?"I blushed angrily and looked at Raquel. "What is he? I don't see anything!""He's not 'anything'.Just a talented boy.""Then how did he make a door? How did he get through the Paths?""Wait,so am I allowed to put my shirt back on? Or did you want me to remove my pants,too?"Lend and I joined forces in a dark glare. "Only if you want me to vomit," I snapped."
Author: Kiersten White
26. "And yes, I came over here fully intending to seduce you." He lifted his head and whispered in my ear, "It's what I'm good at. Just like you're good at evading demons and kicking ass.""Kicking ass?" I questioned as he dropped his head back to the arm of the couch. His hand was exploring again, and I didn't want to move."Yeah," he said, and I jumped as he found a ticklish spot. "I like a woman who takes care of herself.""Not much of a white knight on a horse, huh?"He raised one eyebrow. "Oh, I could," he said. "But I'm a lazy son of a bitch."
Author: Kim Harrison
27. "The bishop was aghast. "You would threaten me?"Christian didn't hesitate with his answer."For her life, aye.""You would jeopardize your soul for her? She is a heretic and a witch.""She is a woman. My woman."His words only succeeded in angering the bishop more. "I will have you excommunicated for this."Christian pulled the black monk's robe from over his head and balled it up. "Then excommunicate me. If I am in the wrong for protecting an innocent woman, then God can judge me as He will."
Author: Kinley MacGregor
28. "Hate to break it to you, but sex is ten times better than skydiving.""No it's not," she rebuts.Ryke leans forward on his char a little. "Then whoever fucked you didn't do it right, sweetheart."
Author: Krista Ritchie
29. "You can't explain grace, anyway, especially when it arrives almost despite yourself. I didn't even ask for it, yet somehow it breached and began to work."
Author: Leif Enger
30. "Forget your pain. It was what I said when I took Father's hand in the drawing room yesterday, what I repeated again tonight. But I didn't mean this. I must be careful. Yet what bothers me isn't the power of the magic or how, to a person, they've all accepted it as truth. No, what unsettles me the most is how much I want to believe it too."
Author: Libba Bray
31. "Did you know you could kill a person with a hatpin?" she said."I did not," he said. "Do you speak from experience? Have you murdered anybody? Not that I'd dream of criticizing."
Author: Loretta Chase
32. "Good God!" she cried. She rolled off him, tugging down her clothing. "Are you mad?"He blinked and dragged in air. "Well, yes," He said thickly. "Lust does that to a man.""You thought we would--you would-- do...that in public?""I wasn't thinking about where we were." He said.Her eyes widened."I'm a man," he said with what he was sure must be, in the circumstances, saintly patience. "I can do one or the other. Lovemaking or thinking. But not both at the same time."She stared at him for a moment. Then she drew up her knees and folded her arms upon them and buried her face in her folded arms.She did not pick up the rifle and knock him on the head with it.Perhaps all was not lost."Somewhere else then?" He said hopefully."
Author: Loretta Chase
33. "?What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and work flow."
Author: Martin Luther
34. "That guy back there had a gun," Christopher went on. "Brandon Stark didn't even have a gun, and he managed to kidnap you just by threatening to do mean things to your friends. How do you think you're going to cope with his dad, who's a real gangster?""Well," I said. Suddenly, I didn't feel quite so encouraged. There were actual tears in my eyes. "That's why this time I'm asking you for help. I know I can't do it alone anymore. I need you, Christopher.""You're damn right you do," he said. "It's about time you realized it."
Author: Meg Cabot
35. "Because if you lived, as I did, several years under Nazi totalitarianism, and then 20 years in communist totalitarianism, you would certainly realize how precious freedom is, and how easy it is to lose your freedom."
Author: Milos Forman
36. "Dorian gave a smug grin. "My mate thinks I'm the most gorgeous leopard she ever saw.""Show us the footage before your head explodes," Lucas muttered, but his own cat was grinning to see Dorian so happy. The sentinel had been latent most of his life, unable to shift into leopard form. Now that he could, he did so at every opportunity. "Have you managed to catch a rabbit yet?"A single eloquent finger. "Fuck you."Lucas snickered. "What about trying for a turtle?"Dorian lunged out of the chair and went for Lucas's throat."
Author: Nalini Singh
37. "I have a four year old and I'm telling you we did Nickelodeon last night and he embarrassed me. It was like one of those moments when I couldn't believe my kid is acting like this. I just had to just like walk away from him because he was really pushing my buttons."
Author: Nia Long
38. "At times those skills were really hard to do because not only was I having to contend with the camera, but I was having to learn these new skills and the ball was always kind of doing what you didn't want it to do. So it got a little bit frustrating at times but we got there."
Author: Parminder Nagra
39. "Early British pop was helped tremendously by the writing of Bob Dylan who had proved you could write about political and quite controversial subjects. Certainly what we did followed on from what was happening with the angry young men in the theatre."
Author: Pete Townshend
40. "Don't be more serious than God. God invented dog farts. God designed your body's plumbing system. God designed an ostrich. If He didn't do it, He permitted a drunken angel to do it.Empirical facts can add significantly to the meaning of "being godlike"."
Author: Peter Kreeft
41. "I sat up and the blankets fell away.I looked down and found I was wearing pokemon pajamas."Sadie,"I said,"I'm going to kill you."She batted her eyes innocently."But the street merchant gave us a very good deal on those.Walt said they would fit you."Walt raised his hand."Don't blame me,man.I tried to stick up for you."Bes snorted,then did a pretty good imitation of Walt's voice:"At least get the extra-large ones with Pikachu."
Author: Rick Riordan
42. "Hubris means deadly pride, Percy. Thinking you can do things better than anyone else... even the gods.''You feel that way?'She [Annabeth] looked down. 'Don't you ever feel like, what if the world really is messed up? What if we could do it all over again from scratch? No more war. Nobody homeless. No more summer reading homework.''I'm listening.''I mean, the West represents a lot of the best things mankind ever did - that's why the fire is still burning. That's why Olympus is still around. But sometimes you just see the bad stuff, you know? And you start thinking the way Luke does: "If I could tear this all down, I would do it better." Don't you ever feel that way? Like you could do a better job if you ran the world?"
Author: Rick Riordan
43. "Let me guess," Brynn said from across the room. "Another brother, right?"Keegan glanced at Brynn, who was staring at Ronin with an expression of disbelief. He switched back to English. "This is our younger brother, Ronin.""Of course he is." Brynn let out an incredulous chuckle. "Did they specifically breed you guys in a lab or something?"He exchanged a confused look with Ronin. What did that mean?Bryn must have caught the look, because she explained, "Since you're all so hot, I mean."
Author: Rosalie Lario
44. "Sadly you went looking for God above the skies and below the ground and because you didn't find him you thought he didn't exist.Then you believed he was at the edge of the universe and when you still did not find him you again believed that he did not exist.You didn't care to look hard enough. What you kept seeing above, below and at the edge were in truth just the intestines of God.We are its microbes."
Author: Sabah Carrim
45. "You just were so cold with me. And the nurse's outfit didn't seem to make any kind of impression. Whatsoever. So I thought . . .' I looked at the ground. ‘I thought you were only staying because you had promised me and then . . . when I asked you, you didn't deny it.' ‘You didn't give me a chance to,' he said, shaking his head at me. He took a step nearer. ‘And believe me the nurse's outfit made an impression.' He took another step towards me, so he was just a few centimetres away. ‘A very big impression."
Author: Sarah Alderson
46. "Well, clearly someone you trust isn't really someone you should be trusting," she said without thinking, and regretted it when Terrible glanced at her. He did it fast, just a quick cut of his eyes in her direction and then away again, but she saw it. She felt it. It was starting already. She wished she could say she was surprised, wished she hadn't been waiting for it, expecting it the way she expected rain from black clouds overhead. Nothing in the world was permanent, especially not happiness. She'd always known that. She just wished life would stop proving her right."
Author: Stacia Kane
47. "When I was young - really young - I used to think that the kids who had money, who were popular at school and who did well at things must have had horrible home lives - abusive parents or nasty siblings or lived in cupboard under stairs.It's kind of sick when you think about it, but what I figured was that life should be fair - everyone had to have good and bad things in their lives, and no one could have a wholly good life or a wholly bad life because that would upset the balance of things.I know now that I was wrong."
Author: Steph Bowe
48. "I think of the snarling, cruel exchange back on the hovercraft. The bitterness that followed. But all I say is "I can't believe you didn't rescue Peeta.""I know," he replies.There's a sense of incompleteness. And not because he hasn't apologized. But because we were a team. We had a deal to keep Peeta safe. A drunken, unrealistic deal made in the dark of night, but a deal just the same. And in my heart of hearts, I know we both failed."Now you say it," I tell him."I can't believe you let him out of your sight that night," says Haymitch."
Author: Suzanne Collins
49. "Why are you here?" Lucy asks incredulously. "You didn't say yes?"I shake my head, and my sister looks offended on behalf of the entire female species. "I'm sorry to say this, Elise," she states, taking out a slice and biting off the end. "I think you need therapy."
Author: Suzanne Young
50. "Everybody against me. Why? Why me? I have not brought violence to you. I have not brought Thug Life to America. I didn't create Thug Life. I diagnosed it."
Author: Tupac Shakur
Quotes About You Did It Pictures