Famous Quotes About You Love Him
Browse 797 famous quotes and sayings about You Love Him.
Top Quotes About You Love Him
1. "Would you tell Dank that I will alway love him? That I'm sorry that I can't leave here. I'm protecting those I love. But I will think of him every day and I will hum his song to myself every night as I go to sleep."
Author: Abbi Glines
2. "Why do you love the woman you're in love with? Because she is. And that, after all, is God's own definition of Himself; I am that I am. The girl is who she is. Some of her isness spills over and impregnates the entire universe. Objects and events cease to be mere representations of classes and become their own uniqueness; cease to be illustrations of verbal abstractions and become fully concrete. Then you stop being in love, and the universe collapses, with an almost audible squeak of derision, into its normal insignificance."
Author: Aldous Huxley
3. "Keep a guard over your eyes and ears as the inlets of your heart, and over your lips as the outlet, lest they betray you in a moment of unwariness. Receive, coldly and dispassionately, every attention, till you have ascertained and duly considered the worth of the aspirant; and let your affections be consequent upon approbation alone. First study; then approve; then love. Let your eyes be blind to all external attractions, your ears deaf to all the fascinations of flattery and light discourse. - These are nothing - and worse than nothing - snares and wiles of the tempter, to lure the thoughtless to their own destruction. Principle is the first thing, after all; and next to that, good sense, respectability, and moderate wealth. If you should marry the handsomest, and most accomplished and superficially agreeable man in the world, you little know the misery that would overwhelm you if, after all, you should find him to be a worthless reprobate, or even an impracticable fool."
Author: Anne Brontë
4. "You need not fear me, for I not only should think it wrong to marry a man that was deficient in sense or in principle, but I should never be tempted to do it; for I could not like him, if he were ever so handsome, and ever so charming, in other respects; I should hate him—despise him—pity him—anything but love him. My affections not only ought to be founded on approbation, but they will and must be so: for, without approving, I cannot love. It is needless to say, I ought to be able to respect and honour the man I marry, as well as love him, for I cannot love him without."
Author: Anne Brontë
5. "It is not how much you love someone, but who you are when you are with him."
Author: Anne Tyler
6. "Someone who knows enough to become the owner of a tree, and gives thanks to you for the benefits it brings him, is in a better state, even if ignorant of its height in feet and the extent of its spread, than another who measures and counts all its branches but neither owns it nor knows its creator nor loves him."
Author: Augustine Of Hippo
7. "Today may be your last chance to be you, someone you forgot to completely immerse yourself in because you were too worried about the details. The details that, no matter how many times you thought them through, brought you no closer to understanding. They just tied up your mind and prevented you from really letting in the things you love. Your demon that is standing before the beautiful floodgate and is keeping you in a dehydrated nothingness.Give him permission to walk away. He is not your keeper. You are his."
Author: Brianna Wiest
8. "You only need one man to love you. But him to love you free like a wildfire, crazy like the moon, always like tomorrow, sudden like an inhale and overcoming like the tides. Only one man and all of this."
Author: C. JoyBell C.
9. "Will is… difficult," Jem said. "But family is difficult. If I didn't think the Institute was the best place for you, Tessa, I wouldn't say it was. And one can build one's own family. I know you feel inhuman, and as if you were set apart, away from life and love, but…" His voice cracked a little, the first time Tessa had heard him sound unsure. He cleared his throat. "I promise you, the right man won't care."
Author: Cassandra Clare
10. "Rosie: Sorry about that, Randy Andy here wouldn't let me leave the office.Ruby: Oh he is such a slave driver! You should complain to head office, getthe asshole fired.Rosie: He is head office.Ruby: Oh yeah.Rosie: Well in all fairness Ruby, he may be a prick but we did just take abreak an hour ago . . . and it was our third one in less than threehours . . .Ruby: You are turning into one of THEM!Rosie: I have a child to feed.Ruby: As do I.Rosie: That child feeds himself, Ruby.Ruby: Ah leave my little fatso alone. He's my baby and I love him regardless.Rosie: He's 17."
Author: Cecelia Ahern
11. "Tis not your time, my love," he whispered. "You will not die tonight." "Never," I said to him, "for I have been blessed by Death's Eternal Kiss."
Author: Charlotte Featherstone
12. "I'm your boyfriend?"[...]"Well … yeah.""Holy shit, I'm someone's boyfriend. Are you sure?""I'm sure.""And you're not just saying it because it pretty much means I have to tell you now?""To be honest, I'm kind of scared that the word slipped out."I love him for doing a little fist pump after I've said that. I love him for sounding so delighted about the whole idea. He keeps saying ‘boyfriend' in this wondering, chuckling sort of manner, and then when he's done I love him even harder."
Author: Charlotte Stein
13. "Small things such as this have saved me: how much I love my mother—even after all these years. How powerfully I carry her within me. My grief is tremendous but my love is bigger. So is yours. You are not grieving your son's death because his death was ugly and unfair. You're grieving it because you loved him truly. The beauty in that is greater than the bitterness of his death."
Author: Cheryl Strayed
14. "Come on, Avery." Fresh tears stained her cheeks. Her voice shook. "Wake up,damn it!" She sobbed, rocking forward and back, her arms wrapping tightlyaround his big body. "Don't you want to shout at me for disobeying you, youoverbearing, domineering male?"She squeezed her eyes shut and bit hard on her lip. He couldn't die. He was toostubborn, too alive, too vigorous. And she couldn't lose him. She loved him toomuch."I… am a… gentleman," she heard him gasp. "I never shout at women."
Author: Connie Brockway
15. "I hit you. Won't that make you go away? What else can I do?" he snarled. He'd fallen back on his old standby, anger."I'm not going away, Cole, so maybe we can cut out the assaults in the future. You don't want me to go away. I know that. You love me, Cole. That's the feeling that makes you so angry." She'd sighed and looked at the ceiling. "You don't know what to do with it, because the people you've loved in the past caused you pain. That's what you think love is. Pain."She'd looked at his face until he met her eyes. They were still green."But, Cole, I love you. Have I hurt you? Ever?"Cole had to shake his head. She hadn't. Not once."I'm showing you what to do with love, Cole." She stood and held out her arms.A hug. A simple hug he didn't have to earn by throwing a chair. Human contact that wasn't required because he was trying to hurt someone. She still trusted him. She still saw something in him."
Author: Debra Anastasia
16. "As long as we have a healthy baby, I don't care what sex it is." He let his gaze run down to her waistline. "But I meant what I said about getting married soon," he added quietly. "I don't care for casual modern arrangements when a child is involved, although I'd want to marry you now even if there could never be a child. Our son deserves a family name and two parents to raise him and love him. As we've already agreed, I never considered preventing him." He grinned wickedly. "And I'm not sorry, either.""Neither am I. Okay," she said, smiling. "We'll get married whenever you want."He sighed with relief, glad that she wasn't going to fight him about it. "I'll speak to the priest here in D.C. who married my parents, if you'd like that. We could have a civil service…""No," she said at once. "I'd like us to be married in church."He smiled. "Fine. And the sooner the better," he added with an amused smile, glancing once more, with unmistakable pride and delight, toward her waistline."
Author: Diana Palmer
17. "Meanwhile, the object of your adoration has now become repulsed by you. He looks at you like you're someone he's never met before, much less someone he once loved with high passion. The irony is, you can hardly blame him. I mean, check yourself out. You're a pathetic mess, unrecognizable even to your own eyes."
Author: Elizabeth Gilbert
18. "I know he has a bad nature,' said Catherine; 'he's your son. But I'm glad I've a better, to forgive it; and I know he loves me and for that reason I love him. Mr Heathcliff, you have nobody to love you; and, however miserable you make us, we shall still have the revenge of thinking that your cruelty arises from your greater misery! You are miserable, are you not? Lonely, like the devil, and envious like him? Nobody loves you - nobody will cry for you, when you die! I wouldn't be you!"
Author: Emily Brontë
19. "As you know Jesus more, you naturally love Him more. The less you know of Him, the less you love. To know Jesus is to love Him."
Author: Eric Samuel Timm
20. "To be commanded to love God at all, let alone in the wilderness, is like being commanded to be well when we are sick, to sing for joy when we are dying of thirst, to run when our legs are broken. But this is the first and great commandment nonetheless. Even in the wilderness - especially in the wilderness - you shall love him."
Author: Frederick Buechner
21. "And saying it--the first time we say it and mean it-- we cross over into that other world that has so far been no more than a suspicion or a dream. Saying it, we enter the golden realm where the old structures of doubt and the agony of incompleteness disappear, and the utterance itself is the first bright rung on the ladder of new possibility. What a relief! What a joyous relief from the distinctive weight of your own soul, to be able to look unguardedly into the eyes of another and say it, meaning it and heady with knowing you mean it: "I love you." If the wind had blown through me at that moment, my body would have sung like a chime."
Author: Glen Duncan
22. "He watched in awe as she stacked up an enormous armload of music. "There," she finished, slapping Frank Zappa's Greatest Hits on top of the pile. "That should do for a start." "You are a music lover," said the wide-eyed cashier. "No, I'm a kleptomaniac." And she dashed out the door. He was so utterly shocked that it took him a moment to run after her. With a meaningful nod in the direction of the astounded Cahills, she barreled down the cobblestone street with her load. "Fermati!" shouted the cashier, scrambling in breathless pursuit. Nellie let a few CDs drop and watched with satisfaction over her shoulder as the clerk stopped to pick them up. The trick would be to keep the chase going just long enough for Amy and Dan to search Disco Volante. Yikes, she reflected suddenly, I'm starting to think like a Cahill.... And if she was nuts enough to hang around this family, it was only going to get worse."
Author: Gordon Korman
23. "Why are some of us, he wondered, unable to love success or power or great beauty? Because we feel unworthy of them, because we feel more at home with failure? He didn't believe that was the reason. Perhaps one wanted the right balance, just as Christ had, the legendary figure whom he would have liked to believe in. 'Come unto me all ye that travail are and heavy laden.' Young as the girl was at that August picnic she was heavily laden with her timidity and shame. Perhaps he had merely wanted her to feel that she was loved by someone and so he began to love her himself. It wasn't pity, any more than it had been pity when he fell in love with Sarah pregnant by another man. He was there to right the balance. That was all."
Author: Graham Greene
24. "To be happy with a man you must understand him a lot and love him a little. To be happy with a woman you must love her a lot and not try to understand her at all."
Author: Helen Rowland
25. "The Savior will let you feel the love He feels for those you serve. The call is an invitation to become like Him."
Author: Henry B. Eyring
26. "Fuck easy, Ceri. If you love him, fight for him. Nothing worth keeping is free in this world."
Author: Ilona Andrews
27. "Cuz if he was hot, you should've used it to your benefit. That could've become the best ice breaker in history. Like you two could fall madly in love and you get to tell everyone how you plowed him before he actually plowed you."
Author: J. Lynn
28. "Sweetie, love's meant to be shared. Maybe it won't last forever. But who cares? Every story has an ending. You can't stop after one chapter just because you don't know how it ends. If you love him, you should at least give it a chance. I think a life without sharing love is hell in itself. What's worse than loss?"
Author: J.C. Reed
29. "If you have survived an abuser, and you tried to make things right… If you forgave, and you struggled, and even if the expression of your grief and your anger tumbled out at times in too much rage and too many words… If you spent years hanging on to the concepts of faith, hope, and love, even after you knew in your heart that those intangibles, upon which life is formed and sustained, would fail in the end… And especially, if you stood between your children - or anyone - and him, and took the physical, emotional, and spiritual pummeling in their stead, then you are a hero."
Author: Jenna Brooks
30. "How do you say hello to someone when you 've just found out that youlove him?"
Author: Jessica Verday
31. "Your friend is your needs answered.He is your field which you sow with love and reap with thanksgiving.And he is your board and your fireside.For you come to him with your hunger, and you seek him for peace."
Author: Kahlil Gibran
32. "Oh man, Alex. That's sad. Seriously, mate, go get yourself laid.""What?" He gave Baldrick a quick kiss on his little head--he didn't care how stupid he looked, he loved his ugly cat--and put him down on his kitty bed in the corner."Isn't that what single sad people do--get cats when they've given up on human companionship?"
Author: L.A. Gilbert
33. "I love you!" he shouted, his eyes glowing laser green."I love you, okay? I'm not some hopeless retard you pull along behind you because you feel sorry for him! I love you and I'm going to prove it!"
Author: Lili St. Crow
34. "Bending his head over hers, Leo murmured, "When I give you away at the altar, Bea, I want you to remember something. I'm not really giving you away. I'm merely allowing him the chance to love you as much as the rest of us do."Beatrix's eyes watered, and he leaned against him. "He does," she whispered."I think so, too," her brother whispered back. "I wouldn't let you marry him otherwise."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
35. "You told me you believed marriage was for other people.""You're the only man who could make me believe that it's for me, too. Although when you get down to it, love is what's real. I still say marriage is just a piece of paper."Jack smiled. "Let's find out," he said, and he pulled me down to the bed with him.Jack & Ella"
Author: Lisa Kleypas
36. "Clinging to him desperately, Sara kept her mouth at his ear. "Listen to me." All she could do was play her last card. Her voice trembled with emotion. "You can't change the truth. You can act as though you're deaf and blind, you can walk away from me forever, but the truth will still be there, and you can't make it go away. I love you." She felt an involuntary tremor run through him. "I love you," she repeated. "Don't lie to either of us by pretending you're leaving for my good. All you'll do is deny us both a chance at happiness. I'll long for you every day and night, but at least my conscience will be clear. I haven't held anything back from you, out of fear or pride or stubbornness." She felt the incredible tautness of his muscles, as if he were carved from marble. "For once have the strength not to walk away,"she whispered. "Stay with me. Let me love you, Derek."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
37. "She had to learn not to be afraid of a man, the way, in your childhood, you learned not to be afraid of an earthworm or a bug. Often, when she spoke to men at parties, she rushed things in her mind. As the man politely blathered on, she would fall in love, marry, then find herself in a bitter custody battle with him for the kids and hoping for a reconciliation, so that despite all his betrayals she might no longer despise him, and in the few minutes remaining, learn, perhaps, what his last name was, and what he did for a living, though probably there was already too much history between them."
Author: Lorrie Moore
38. "I didn't tell you how beautiful he is so you could fall in love with him. I told you so you could appreciate that I'm in love with him."
Author: Marianne Maughan
39. "We make a pretty good team, huh?""The best. In fact, I was planning to do this when we got back to the Fairmont, but suddenly I don't want to wait.""For what?"Reaching into the pocket of his black pinstripe suit coat, he retrieved a huge square-cut diamond ring and slid it onto her left hand. "What do you say we make this partnership official?"Tears flooded her eyes. "Do you promise to love me forever?"His blue eyes went dark with desire and love as he nodded. "Forever and ever.""Pinky swear?"He smiled and wrapped his little finger around hers. "Pinky swear"She leaned in to kiss him. "Then you've got yourself a deal."
Author: Marie Force
40. "If you were my queen, truly my queen, our court would be stronger still. If you were mine , without mortal distractions, we'd be safer. We'd be stronger if we were truly together. Summer is a time to rejoice in pleasures and heat. When I'm around you, I want to forget everything else. I love Donia. I always will, but when I'm near you--" He stopped himself."
Author: Melissa Marr
41. "The clouds won't shatter my dreams, but this is a story about how I lost myself to the storm.""And something's got me tethered to you...""Always to you...""They think I'm crazy... I love him. I swear, I do.""Then why are you here, T?""Esto es complicado, Eli. It's all the lies I made up to get away from you, the distance I drove to free myself, that's brought me here. It's that moment before your kiss and the sound of my name on your lips. It's you that's taken me the five miles I needed to be where you are. I won't run again.""What are we doing?""We're LIVING."
Author: Nadège Richards
42. "But you can't make war personal," I say, "or you'll never make the right decisions.""And if you didn't make personal decisions, you wouldn't be a person. All war is personal somehow, isn't it? For somebody? Except it's usually hate.""Lee—""I'm just saying how lucky he is to have someone love him so much they'd take on the whole world." His Noise is uncomfortable, wondering what I'm looking like, how I'm responding. "That's all I'm saying.""He'd do it for me," I say quietly.I'd do it for you too, Lee's Noise says.And I know he would.But those people who die because we do it, don't they have people who'd kill for them?So who's right?"
Author: Patrick Ness
43. "Do you love him?"
Author: Richelle Mead
44. "It's okay," he said. "We're together." He didn't say you're okay, or we're alive. After all they'd been through over the last year, he knew that the most important thing was that they were together. She loved him for saying that."
Author: Rick Riordan
45. "I'm only doing this," he said, "because I really love hiding in haunted Eldren buildings on dark and creepy nights.""You're a liar," said Jean, slowly. "I'm only doing this because I've always wanted to see Bug get eaten by an Eldren ghost.""Liar," said Calo. "I'm only doing this because I fucking love hauling half a ton of bloody coins up out of a vault and packing them away on a cart.""Liar!" Galdo chuckled. "I'm only doing this because while you're all busy elsewhere, I'm going to go pawn all the furniture in the burrow at No-Hope Harza's.""You're all liars," said Locke as their eyes turned expectantly to him."We're only doing this because nobody else in Camorr is good enough to pull this off, and nobody else is dumb enough to get stuck doing it in the first place.""Bastard!" They shouted in unison, forgetting their surroundings for a bare moment."
Author: Scott Lynch
46. "Listen Chica-" Carlos says when we're driving to my mom's store"don't call me that anymore" I tell him"what do you want me to call you, then?" I shrug "whatever. Just not Chica"Carlos holds his hand up "what do you want me from me? You want me to tell you lies? Okay. Kara, without you i'm nothin'. Kara, you own my heart and soul. Kara,, i love you. Is that what you to hear?"yes""No guy who actually says those things really mean them""I bet your brother says them to Brittney and means them""that's because he's lost all common sense. I though you the one girl who didn't fall for my bull""I don't. Consider my wanting you as my real boyfriend a lapse of judgement," I tell him "But i'm over it"
Author: Simone Elkeles
47. "Harlin needs you," she whispers. "He loves you too much."I smile a little. "I know. But I like that about him."
Author: Suzanne Young
48. "Gus is the Cat at the Theatre Door.His name, as I ought to have told you before,Is really Asparagus. That's such a fussTo pronounce, that we usually call him just Gus.His coat's very shabby, he's thin as a rake,And he suffers from palsy that makes his paw shake.Yet he was, in his youth, quite the smartest of Cats —But no longer a terror to mice or to rats.For he isn't the Cat that he was in his prime;Though his name was quite famous, he says, in his time.And whenever he joins his friends at their club(which takes place at the back of the neighbouring pub)He loves to regale them, if someone else pays,With anecdotes drawn from his palmiest days.For he once was a Star of the highest degree —He has acted with Irving, he's acted with Tree.And he likes to relate his success on the Halls,Where the Gallery once gave him seven cat-calls.But his grandest creation, as he loves to tell,Was Firefrorefiddle, the Fiend of the Fell."
Author: T.S. Eliot
49. "You are becoming a snake tomorrow, and as you start to devour people, with that mouth that has eaten others, you cry your love to me, and the same as today, I do wonder, will I be able to say my love to you?" - Gin Ichimaru awww"
Author: Tite Kubo
50. "You have fought for and claimed your names, and though you may be struck, you will never fall. And that…" His eyes moisten, fear tingeing his voice, no, it's apprehension. He takes a breath, steels himself. "And that is why I love you."Seconds pass as his words settle in. I know what he wants to hear, what he aches to hear, what his eyes plead me for. But I can't tell him that because he wants to hear it back. I can't tell him that because it might be what he's pinning his hopes on, a bulwark he'll set against madness. I can't tell him that because Heath could never get a guy like him. I can't tell him that because I don't want him to be alone, or because I don't want to be alone. I can't tell him that because of a million stupid reasons that he would eventually see through, and resent me for. I can't lie to him."I love you, Cale."I tell him because I mean it."
Author: Vaughn R. Demont
Quotes About You Love Him Pictures