Famous Quotes About Younger Sisters
Browse 8 famous quotes and sayings about Younger Sisters.
Top Quotes About Younger Sisters
1. "To cope, he and his siblings – older and younger sisters, a younger brother - created a game called Henry Kissinger. Palahniuk remembers that as their parents fought, lots would be drawn to see who would play Kissinger. 'This was the early to mid-70s, when Kissinger was a hero, forging peace in the Middle East,' he explains. 'Whoever became Henry Kissinger would have to go and redirect our parents' attention or anger to a different crisis.' The child who drew the short straw would severely hurt himself, presenting himself as 'this injured thing' in an effort to diffuse conflict."
Author: Antonella Gambotto Burke
2. "Sophia looked down her long nose at the girl. "Who are you?""I'm Abigail, ma'am," she said, curtsying. "This is my brother, Jamie. I apologize for him."Sophia arched an eyebrow. "I'll wager you do that quite a lot."Abigail sighed, sounding world-weary. "Yes, I do.""Good girl." Sophia almost smiled. "Younger brothers can be a chore sometimes, but one must persevere.""Yes, ma'am," Abigail said solemnly."Come on, Jamie," Alistair said. "Let's go into dinner before they form a Society for Bossy Older Sisters."
Author: Elizabeth Hoyt
3. "Lola writes in her notebook: Leaf-fleas are even worse. Someone said, They don't bite people, because people don't have leaves. Lola writes, When the sun is beating down, they bite everything, even the wind. And we all have leaves. Leaves fall off when you stop growing, because childhood is all gone. And they grow back when you shrivel up, because love is all gone. Leaves spring up at will, writes Lola, just like tall grass. Two or three children in the village don't have any leaves, and those have a big childhood. A child like that is an only child, because it has a father and a mother who have been to school. The leaf-fleas turn older children into younger ones - a four-year-old into a three-year-old, a three-year-old into a one-year-old. Even a six-months-old, writes Lola, and even a newborn. And the more little brothers and sisters the leaf-fleas make, the smaller the childhood becomes."
Author: Herta Müller
4. "Ah, mother! How do you do?' said he, giving her a hearty shake of the hand; 'Where did you get that quiz of a hat? It makes you look like an old witch...'On his two younger sisters he then bestowed an equal portion of his fraternal tenderness, for he asked each of them how they did, and observed that they both looked very ugly."
Author: Jane Austen
5. "I had a really wonderful upbringing. We were a tight family. It was wonderful to grow up with so many siblings. We were all just a year or two apart, and we were always so supportive of each other. I learned everything from my older brother and sister and taught it to my younger sisters."
Author: Joaquin Phoenix
6. "Teens aren't just interested in getting laid. I won't believe that's all they're interested in. I have four younger sisters and they're sick of being shown how they're supposed to react in bed."
Author: Linda Fiorentino
7. "I was picked on because I was timid. I had younger sisters; I couldn't turn to them for help. I didn't have an older brother."
Author: Mark E. Smith
8. "A son who will never be older than his motherland - neither older nor younger. There shall be two heads – but you will only see one – there will be knees and a nose, a nose and knees. Newspaper praises him, two mothers raise him! Bicycles love him – but crowds will shove him! Sisters will weep, cobras will creep… Washing will hide him – voices will guide him! Friends will mutilate him – blood will betray him! Spittoons will brain him – doctors will drain him – jungle will claim him – wizards reclaim him! Soldiers will try him – tyrants will fry him… He will have sons without having sons! He will be old before he is old! And he will die before he is dead!"
Author: Salman Rushdie
Quotes About Younger Sisters Pictures