Famous Quotes About Your 19th Birthday
Browse 24 famous quotes and sayings about Your 19th Birthday.
Top Quotes About Your 19th Birthday
1. "Dimples should come with a warning: Dangerous! Could knock your world off its axis, categorized as a weapon, proceed with caution."
Author: Adriana Law
2. "You're right. Your decietfulness far exceeds my modest attempts at dishonesty. I bow-down to your superior duplicity."
Author: Aleatha Romig
3. "There's some muscle group around your shoulders that seizes up during the perfection dance and doesn't let go until you are asleep, or alone. Or maybe it never really lets go at all."
Author: Anna Quindlen
4. "At its best, the sensation of writing is that of any unmerited grace. It is handed to you, but only if you look for it. You search, you break your heart, your back, your brain, and then--and only then--it is handed to you."
Author: Annie Dillard
5. "Hey, Hank, I notice all the women around your place lately ... good looking stuff; you're doing all right.""Sam," I say, "that's not true; I am one of God's most lonely men."
Author: Charles Bukowski
6. "You're a huge sucking asshole," Livia agreed. "You have everything at your fingertips. You're healthy, smart, fun, and highly fashionable. But instead you're buying problems you don't even want. Let the death of at least one and maybe two scumbags have a little meaning. Be the real you. Follow your beautiful heart."
Author: Debra Anastasia
7. "Write down everything you remember. You'll want to have it written down to look back on later, when your mind sands all the sharp edges off your memory and makes it into a dream that it will have you believe is true."
Author: Dexter Palmer
8. "When Hitler marched across the RhineTo take the land of France,La dame de fer decided,‘Let's make the tyrant dance.'Let him take the land and city,The hills and every flower,One thing he will never have,The elegant Eiffel Tower.The French cut the cables,The elevators stood still,‘If he wants to reach the top,Let him walk it, if he will.'The invaders hung a swastikaThe largest ever seen.But a fresh breeze blewAnd away it flew,Never more to be seen.They hung up a second mark,Smaller than the first,But a patriot climbedWith a thought in mind:‘Never your duty shirk.'Up the iron ladyHe stealthily made his way,Hanging the bright tricolour,He heroically saved the day.Then, for some strange reason,A mystery to this day,Hitler never climbed the tower,On the ground he had to stay.At last he ordered she be razedDown to a twisted pile.A futile attack, for still she standsBeaming her metallic smile."
Author: E.A. Bucchianeri
9. "How I have yearned for the sound of your sweet voice," Tyrion sighed to her. "How I have yearned to have that eunuch's tongue pulled out with hot pincers," Cersei replied."
Author: George R.R. Martin
10. "Fiona, it's me, Shrek. I rescued you from your tower to prove I'll fight for us. I'll fight for us every single time. You'll never even have to wonder if I'll be there, because I'll show the fuck up before that thought can even cross your mind. I want you, Ronin, and I'll risk everything for you. I will never walk out on you."
Author: J.A. Huss
11. "My father had died when I was young, before I learned that there was anything stronger than he was. I'd been operating without that kind of support for my whole life. Molly was only now realizing that, in some ways, she was on her own.I wondered if my daughter even knew that she had a father, if she knew that there was someone who wanted, desperately, to Show Up."You get yourself an apartment and your plumbing goes bad, he'll still be there," I said quietly. "Some guy breaks your heart, he'll come over with ice cream. A lot of people never have a dad willing to do that stuff. Most of the time, it matters a hell of a lot more."
Author: Jim Butcher
12. "A person less fortunate than yourself deserves the best you can give. Because of duty, and honor, and service. You understand those words? You should do your job right, and you should do it well, simply because you can, without looking for notice or reward."
Author: Lee Child
13. "Enrolling your child in a recreational sport sponsored by your neighborhood recreation community centers is a great way to keep kids active."
Author: Lee Haney
14. "There are only 3 things that can make your dreams come true: your thoughts, your words, and your actions."
Author: Mike Dooley
15. "My family's caused your pain," she said to Theo and Maddy. "I'm head of the family andresponsible for that pain.""Dad works for you. He was doing his job." As his stomach continued to shudder, Theo clenchedhis teeth. "It's that bastard's fault, not yours. Is he in jail?""No. They've yet to find him. It appears he's run."
Author: Nora Roberts
16. "Cats are true carnivores. While you may choose a vegetarian lifestyle, don't assume it's healthier for your cat also. Cats aren't able to convert beta-carotene into vitamin A the way we can. They must get vitamin A from animal tissue (called preformed A). Cats are also unable to convert linoleic acid (an essential fatty acid) to arachidonic acid the way dogs can so they must get preformed arachidonic acid from its only source—animal tissue."
Author: Pam Johnson Bennett
17. "Willie went out and buttonholed folks on the street and tried to explain things to them. You could see Willie standing on a street corner, sweating through his seersucker suit, with his hair down in his eyes, holding an old envelope in one hand and a pencil in the other, working out figures to explain what he was squawking about, but folks don't listen to you when your voice is low and patient and you stop them in the hot sun and make them do arithmetic."
Author: Robert Penn Warren
18. "We got latched together and I was hoping you could separate us? (Amanda)They were made by your stepfather. Any chance you have a key lying around? (Kyrian)I guess I shouldn't be surprised. At least this time she's not an Amazon princess with an irate mother demanding parts of your body be removed. Two thousand years later, and you're still getting into unbelievable messes. (Julian)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
19. "Alright! You sir, you sir, how about a shave?Come and visit your good friend Sweeney.You sir, too sir? Welcome to the grave.I will have vengenance.I will have salvation.Who sir, you sir?No ones in the chair, Come on! Come on!Sweeney's. waiting. I want you bleeders.You sir! Anybody!Gentlemen now don't be shy!Not one man, no, nor ten men.Nor a hundred can assuage me.I will have you!And I will get him back even as he gloatsIn the meantime I'll practice on less honorable throats.And my Lucy lies in ashesAnd I'll never see my girl again.But the work waits!I'm alive at last!And I'm full of joy!"
Author: Stephen Sondheim
20. "Raise from your bed of languorRaise from your bed of dismayYour friends will not come tomorrowAs they did not come todayYou must rely on yourself, they said,You must rely on yourself,Oh but I find this pill so bitter said the poor manAs he took it from the shelfCrying, O sweet Death come to meCome to me for company,Sweet Death it is only you I canConstrain for company."
Author: Stevie Smith
21. "Bursar?""Yes, Archchancellor?""You ain't a member of some secret society or somethin', are you?""Me? No, Archchancellor.""Then it'd be a damn good idea to take your underpants off your head."
Author: Terry Pratchett
22. "The story' Sanders would say "the whole tone, man, you're wrecking it."Tone?'The sound. You need to get a consitent sound, like slow or fast, funny or sad. All these disgressions, they just screw up your story's sound. Stick to what happened."
Author: Tim O'Brien
23. "So is death a journey? Is it to another place?" she asked. "Is it another planet?""Many have wondered this very question,"replied rovender. "But there is an old Caerulan saying: When your journey reaches its destination here, may you walk on through the memories of those still with us."
Author: Tony DiTerlizzi
24. "If I had been an Italian I am sure that I should have been whole-heartedly with you from the start to finish in your triumphant struggle against the bestial appetites and passions of Leninism."(Speech in Rome on 20 January, 1927, praising Mussolini)"
Author: Winston Churchill
Quotes About Your 19th Birthday Pictures