Famous Quotes About Your Mouth Getting You In Trouble
Browse 24 famous quotes and sayings about Your Mouth Getting You In Trouble.
Top Quotes About Your Mouth Getting You In Trouble
1. "A Man lives off his head.His head won't see him through.Inspect your own—What lives on that?At most, a louse or two . . ."
Author: Bertolt Brecht
2. "I'm fascinated by musicians who don't completely understand their territory; that's when you do your best work."
Author: Brian Eno
3. "Words, not hands,' said Layne. She poked Gabriel with a fork. 'I think you need a T shirt that says that.'He leaned in close. 'Give me five minutes and I bet I can change your mind."
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
4. "Your best men aredrunks and your worst men arelocking themup,your best men are killers andyour worst men areselling thembullets"
Author: Charles Bukowski
5. "If there are as many connections in your brain as there are stars in the universe, why ask for superpowers?"
Author: Clémentine Beauvais
6. "No one is more qualified than you are to decide how you live; no one should be able to vote on what you do with your time and your potential unless you invite them to."
7. "It's hard to notice things without people noticing me and that takes some getting used to."
Author: Edie Falco
8. "Every gay person must come out. As difficult as it is, you must tell your immediate family. You must tell your relatives. You must tell your friends if indeed they are your friends. You must tell the people you work with. You must tell the people in the stores you shop in. Once they realize that we are indeed their children, that we are indeed everywhere, every myth, every lie, every innuendo will be destroyed once and all. And once you do, you will feel so much better"
Author: Harvey Milk
9. "I who am blind can give one hint to those who see: Use your eyes as if tomorrow you would be stricken blind. And the same method can be applied to the other senses. Hear the music of voices, the song of a bird, the mighty strains of an orchestra, as if you would be stricken deaf tomorrow. Touch each object as if tomorrow your tactile sense would fail. Smell the perfume of flowers, taste with relish each morsel, as if tomorrow you could never smell and taste again. make the most of every sense; glory in the beauty which the world in all the facets of pleasure reveals to you through the several means of contact which Nature provides. But of all the senses, I am sure that sight is the most delightful."
Author: Helen Keller
10. "If you expect others to think for you, then you expect others to live your life for you. And I'm sorry, but the only person I'll let live my life for me is my clone. He thinks like me, so I'm OK with him thinking for me."
Author: Jarod Kintz
11. "We were outside the world, we didn't even own things -- some clothes. . . . This arrangement resembles the prehistoric way to live, and it therefore feels right to us, because our brains recognize it from 3 millions of years practicing it. In essence our brains grew to their current configuration in response to the realities of that life. So as a result people grow powerfully attached to that kind of life, when they get the chance to live it. It allows you to concentrate your attention on the real work, which means everything that is done to stay alive, to make things, or satisfy one's curiosity, or play. That is utopia."
Author: Kim Stanley Robinson
12. "Starting at about, I guess, forever, I've always looked forward to getting older. When I was 14, I couldn't wait to be 16 and get a driver's license."
Author: Matthew McConaughey
13. "You shouldn't be ashamed of your pain. You have the right to have your pain treated."
Author: Naomi Judd
14. "If I have a gig in the evening, I get 'the doom' at about 5 P.M., when I think I'm getting flu."
Author: Nina Conti
15. "Faliure doesn't meant to fall,but it test your attidude to face it."
16. "On the Web you have to sum up what your piece of content is in one link or nobody is going to watch it. That's the same thing I've been hearing from TV executives - is we need a program that you can have on the side of a bus and someone can watch it go by and get what the show is and want to watch it."
Author: Ricky Van Veen
17. "I have made up my mind to say my say. I shall do it kindly, distinctly; but I am going to do it. I know there are thousands of men who substantially agree with me, but who are not in a condition to express their thoughts. They are poor; they are in business; and they know that should they tell their honest thought, persons will refuse to patronize them—to trade with them; they wish to get bread for their little children; they wish to take care of their wives; they wish to have homes and the comforts of life. Every such person is a certificate of the meanness of the community in which he resides. And yet I do not blame these people for not expressing their thought. I say to them: 'Keep your ideas to yourselves; feed and clothe the ones you love; I will do your talking for you. The church can not touch, can not crush, can not starve, cannot stop or stay me; I will express your thoughts."
Author: Robert G. Ingersoll
18. "All that's real is the moment right in front of you. Don't miss that moment, because that's where your life is."
Author: Robin S. Sharma
19. "You must be mistaken," Isabel said, unconcerned by the insult that the words carried."I assure you i am not. Voluptas is nearly always portrayed wrapped in roses. If that were not enough, her faces confirms her identity.""You cannot tell a goddess from a face carved in marble," she scoffed."You can tell Voluptas by her face.""I've never even heard of this goddess, and you know what she looks like?""She is the goddess of sensual pleasure."Isabel's mouth fell open at the words. She could not think of a single thing to say in response. "Oh"
Author: Sarah MacLean
20. "With us the inner nature accords with the outer expectation. The body follows the mind, and the mind seeks the soul, which it strives toward but has not yet won. With you it is otherwise. The mind follows the body in pursuit of the soul you have been told you already have. Because you cannot find it, you assume you have lost it somewhere in your past, and this keeps you from achieving it in your future."
Author: Sheri S. Tepper
21. "But I feel its beauty here and I know there is not a lovelier, more precious child in this world than you and your cousins. I am glad that though someone did me grossly wrong, my final mark on this world is not one of countering hurt with more hurt but is one of love and friendship. We will always be known by our actions. Let them always be good ones. (Theo, Geary's Grandfather)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
22. "You don't hear things that are bad about your company unless you ask. It is easy to hear good tidings, but you have to scratch to get the bad news."
Author: Thomas J. Watson
23. "Most of the writers I know work every day, in obscurity and close to poverty, trying to say one thing well and true. Day in, day out, they labor to find their voice, to learn their trade, to understand nuance and pace. And then, facing a sea of rejections, they hear about something like Barbara Bush's dog getting a book deal."
Author: Timothy Egan
24. "But the great fact was the land itself, which seemed to overwhelm the little beginnings of human society that struggled in its sombre wastes. It was from facing this vast hardness that the boy's mouth had become so bitter; because he felt that men were too weak to make any mark here, that the land wanted to be let alone, to preserve its own fierce strength, its peculiar, savage kind of beauty, its uninterrupted mournfulness."
Author: Willa Cather
Quotes About Your Mouth Getting You In Trouble Pictures