Famous Quotes About Your Tone Of Voice
Browse 7 famous quotes and sayings about Your Tone Of Voice.
Top Quotes About Your Tone Of Voice
1. "Long looking with admiration produces change. From your heroes you pick up mannerisms and phrases and tones of voice and facial expressions and habits and demeanors and convictions and beliefs. The more admirable the hero is and the more intense your admiration is, the more profound will be your transformation. In the case of Jesus, he is infinitely admirable, and our admiration rises to the most absolute worship. Therefore, when we behold him as we should, the change is profound."
Author: John Piper
2. "Emily's world fascinates and disturbs: in it you can touch thick Yorkshire speech, and moorland rain slants across your mind with a smell of mossy limestone and yet you are not at home, you might almost be in Gondal or Angria except the towers and the dungeons are of the spirit, the dungeons especially; and sometimes when Emily reads out in her low, almost guttural voice Charlotte wants to run but can't think why or where she would run to."
Author: Jude Morgan
3. "You need a job and I need a PA, why don't you come and work for me?""No thanks, God knows what being your PA would involve."He laughs. "Well it would involve the usual, faxing, filing, answering the phones, takingbookings, relieving my sexual needs, etcetera.""Yeah I thought as much." I tell him, my tone doing all the rejecting for me."Seriously though, the offer stands. Think it over." He tells me in a soft voice."I don't have PA experience.""I'll teach you," he says, in a tone that insinuates other things."Sure."He lowers his voice. "I think I'd enjoy teaching you things.""Can't say I w-would enjoy it." Yeah, right."You stuttered," he says"
Author: L.H. Cosway
4. "Things change after people are married," she finally said, talking more to herself than to him. "People change.""Not usually for the better.""How would you know? Are you an authority on marriage...or on me, for that matter? You act just like Daniel, as if you know what's best for me. Well, maybe I should start deciding what I want!"His eyes gleamed like a cat's. "Maybe you should. What do you want?"She wanted Daniel.But she wanted Daniel to be different. "That's none of your concern.""But it is.I'm afraid I've already nvested a lot in you.""Invested what? A lot of what?""A lot of worry and vexation." His casual tone of voice belied his words."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
5. "Remember that, in any encounter, the only thing you can control is your own actions and reactions. You cannot dictate the actions of the other person, or in this case, the horse, but you can often send the right signals to get what you want. If you are often baffled by the reactions others have to you, it is probably because you are unaware of the silent signals you send through your posture, your facial gestures, your tone of voice, the amount of personal space you maintain, and so forth. Ever wondered why people don't listen when you try to assert yourself, or why people back away when you're trying to be friendly, or why you're never the one people seek out in a crowded room? Body language. Silent signals. Mixed signals. The trick is to focus outward, not inward."
Author: Lisa Wingate
6. "The Journey One day you finally knewwhat you had to do, and began,though the voices around youkept shoutingtheir bad advice --though the whole housebegan to trembleand you felt the old tugat your ankles."Mend my life!"each voice cried.But you didn't stop.You knew what you had to do,though the wind priedwith its stiff fingersat the very foundations,though their melancholywas terrible.It was already lateenough, and a wild night,and the road full of fallenbranches and stones.But little by little,as you left their voices behind,the stars began to burnthrough the sheets of clouds,and there was a new voicewhich you slowlyrecognized as your own,that kept you companyas you strode deeper and deeperinto the world,determined to dothe only thing you could do --determined to savethe only life you could save."
Author: Mary Oliver
7. "Yeah, ignore me." Aaro pawed through the bags until he found one with stenciled hearts on it. "By the way, you never did tell me your size. Hope nothing binds or pinches your tender pink places, babe."He let the bag fly. It landed on Lily's lap. She shrank back as if it were a venomous snake. Fuck-me-please panties spilled out. A tangle of satin, lace and silk. Red, black, peach, flesh-tone. Bruno growled expletives in a Calabrese dialect as he shoved underwear into the bag. It was his standard tension reliever. None of the people he insulted knew he was commenting on their grandmother's predilection for sex with sheep."I am not wearing that slutty, disgusting stuff." Lily's voice was haughty. "Certainly not after you're pawed it. Dog.""Arf, arf." Aaro's tone was more cheerful than it had been so far any time this morning. "I love it when she spits bile."
Author: Shannon McKenna
Quotes About Your Tone Of Voice Pictures