"And I Wasn't Crazy About Hollywood In Those Days."
Author: Kitty Carlisle Quotes
- Curtis A Chamberlain Quotes (2 sayings)
- Joanna Bourke Quotes (1 sayings)
- Danny Brown Quotes (11 sayings)
- Harold Eugene Edgerton Quotes (1 sayings)
- Masudi Quotes (5 sayings)
- Mollie Hunter Quotes (2 sayings)
- Stacy Keibler Quotes (19 sayings)
- Aleena Farrukh Quotes (1 sayings)
- Norman Thomas Quotes (5 sayings)
- Seth Tucker Quotes (2 sayings)
The longer I am a writer--so long now that my writing finger is periodically numb--the better I understand what writing is; what its function is; what it is supposed to do. I learn that the writer's pen is a microphone held up to the mouths of ancestors and even stones of long ago. That once given permission by the writer--a fool, and so why should one fear?--horses, dogs, rivers, and, yes, chickens can step forward and expound on their lives. The magic of this is not so much in the power of the microphone as in the ability of the nonhuman object or animal to BE and the human animal to PERCEIVE ITS BEING."
Author: Alice Walker