"Calmly, Slowly, She Reached Behind With Her Left Hand And Came Up Against — Yes, Fabric. Fine Linen, To Be Precise. So Far, So Good: She Was Inside A Wardrobe, After All. The Only Problem Was That This Linen Was Oddly Warm. Body Warm. Beneath The Tentative Pressure Of Her Palm, It Seemed To Be Moving...With Terrifying Suddenness, An Ungloved Hand Clamped Roughly Over Her Nose And Mouth. A Long Arm Pinned Her Arms Against Her Sides. She Was Held Tightly Against A Hard, Warm Surface."Hush," Whispered A Pair Of Lips Pressed To Her Left Ear. "If You Scream, We Are Both Lost."
Author: Y.S. Lee Quotes
- Alexandra Horowitz Quotes (7 sayings)
- Antonio Mendez Quotes (1 sayings)
- Ashley Jackson Quotes (1 sayings)
- Douglas Brinkley Quotes (10 sayings)
- Jared Spool Quotes (1 sayings)
- Charlene Costanzo Quotes (17 sayings)
- Kenelm Digby Quotes (1 sayings)
- Mary McLeod Bethune Quotes (11 sayings)
- Melissa Kantor Quotes (21 sayings)
- Kristie LeVangie Quotes (4 sayings)
On the flight over to Chicago, I thought of a story Mom had once told me from her days as a pediatric nurse. "There was this little boy I was taking care of," she said "and he was terminally ill,and we all knew it,but he kept hanging on and hanging on. He wouldn't die, it was so sad.And his parents were always there with him,giving him so much love and support,but he was in so much pain,and it really was,time for him to go.So finally some of us nurses took his father aside and we told him, 'You have to tell your son it's okay for him to go. You have to give him permission.' And so the father took his son in his arms and he sat with him in a chair and held on to him and told him over and over, that it was okay for him to go,and,well,after a few moments,his son died."
Author: Anthony Rapp