[Every Player Should Be Accorded The Privilege Of At Least One Season With The Chicago Cubs. That's Baseball As It Should Be Played - In God's Own Sunshine. And That's Really Living.]

Author: Alvin Dark Quotes

Related Authors

Anupam Kher Quotes

"I was born in a poor family, a lower middle class family. My father was a clerk in the forest department. I was very bad at studies. I was not very good at sports, also."

Joan Smith Quotes

"One of the chief paradoxes of our culture [is] that the welfare of its children, its _future_, is placed almost exclusively in the hands of people of low status, a class it holds in contempt."

Gordon Ramsay Quotes

"When youre a chef, you graze. You never get a chance to sit down and eat. They dont actually sit down and eat before you cook. So when I finish work, the first thing Ill do, and especially when Im in New York, Ill go for a run. And Ill run 10 or 15k on my - and I run to gain my appetite."

DM Blowers Quotes

"That was wonderful," Natasha lied."Not half; you are brilliant. Can I fuck you up the arse later?"

Jon Secada Quotes

"I have a bachelors and a masters in jazz."

Allie Larkin Quotes

"Its hard to look at it like that, isnt it? Because if you can be a better parent than the ones you had, you have to face the fact that your parents had that choice too. If youre not fated to be an awful parent, they werent either. And," I said feeling my throat tighten, "its easier to believe that were all just [f*d] than it is to know there are choices." I rubbed my hands together to try to get my fingers to warm up. "It hurts less to think they couldnt have done any better than they did, doesnt it?"

Shaukat Aziz Quotes

"We need prefab housing, we need to repair what can be repaired. We have appealed to the whole world to ship tents and blankets to Pakistan."

Frederick Woolverton Quotes

"Im a food addict. Ive tried everything- Weight Watchers, The South Beach, raw food, Atkins, low-fat diets. Nothing works for me." I looked at him and said, "Have you tried suffering?" He laughed out loud, as if I was joking. I wasnt joking."

Kate Petrella Quotes

"How reassuring." - Queen Elizabeth, when told during a walking tour of Scotland that she looks like the Queen"

Zhang Yun Quotes

"I am the true God; I am the living God, the eternal King. I am the Most High over all the earth; I am exalted far above all gods. Righteousness and justice are the foundation of my throne; love and faithfulness go before me. My plans stand firm forever, the purposes of my heart through all generations. The heavens proclaim my righteousness, and all the peoples see my glory."

Related Topics

Quotes About Nicolas

"Actually, when I was young, I believe I met Nicolas Cage. I think I was probably eight, and I remember seeing him at somebodys house - it was an event and he happened to be there. People would ask me if I was his son, because I looked like him at that point, so I do remember feeling some connection and just wanting to say, like, Papa!" - Author: Simon Helberg

Quotes About World War 1 And 2

"(What Jim had seen tallied with studies conducted after the Second WorldWar by the military historian General S.L.A. Marshall. He interviewed thousands of American infantrymen and concluded that only 15-20 per cent of them had actually shot to kill. The rest had fired high or not fired at all, busying themselves however else they could. And 98 per cent of the soldiers who did shoot to kill were later found to have been deeply traumatized by their actions. The other 2 per cent were diagnosed as ‘aggressive psychopathic personalities, who basically didnt mind killing people under any circumstances, at home or abroad.The conclusion—in the words of Lieutenant Colonel Dave Grossman of the Killology Research Group—was: ‘there is something about continuous, inescapable combat which will drive 98 per cent of all men insane, and the other 2 per cent were crazy when they got there.)" - Author: Jon Ronson

Quotes About Tem

"I suspect that, save by Gods direct miracle, spiritual experience can never abide introspection....The attempt to discover by introspective analysis our own spiritual condition is to me a horrible thing which reveals, at best, not the secrets of Gods spirit and ours, but their transpositions in intellect, emotion, and imagination, and which at worst may be the quickest road to presumption or despair." - Author: C.S. Lewis

Quotes About Gard

"Art altogether is nothing but a survival skill, we should never lose sight of this fact, it is, time and again, just an attempt -- an attempt that seems touching even to our intellect -- to cope with this world and its revolting aspects, which, as we know, is invariably possible only by resorting to lies and falsehoods, to hyprocrisy and self-deception, Reger said. These pictures are full of lies and falsehoods and full of hypocrisy and self-deception, there is nothing else in them if we disregard their often inspired artistry. All these pictures, moreover, are an expression of mans absolute helplessness in coping with himself and with what surrounds him all his life. That is what all these pictures express, this helplessness which, on the one hand, embarasses the intellect and, on the other hand, bewilders the same intellect and moves it to tears, Reger said." - Author: Thomas Bernhard

Quotes About Close To You

"Never get close to your enemies, you might start liking them." - Author: Cristian L. Martinez

Quotes About Extreme Measures

"If a person offends you, and you are in doubt as to whether it was intentional or not, do not resort to extreme measures; simply watch your chance, and hit him with a brick." - Author: Mark Twain

Quotes About Deep Friendship

"I took a step forward, rage swirling inside me. "You broke into Mount Weather?" Hunter choked out a laugh. "Are you insane?""Shut up," I said, keeping my eyes on Luc.Hunter made a deep noise. "Our little mutual white flag of friendship is going to come to a halt if you tell me to shut up again."I spared him a brief glance. "Shut. Up."Dark shadows drifted over the Arums shoulder, and I faced him fully. "What?" I said, throwing my hands up in a universal come get some. "I have a lot of pent-up violence Id love to take out on someone.""Guys." Luc sighed, sliding off the bar. "Seriously? Cant you two bro-mance it out?" - Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Quotes About Solving Family Problems

"God forces us to quantify our religious tenants by measuring them against the family problems they solve. If your religious beliefs arent solving family problems then something is broke--and it can be fixed.pg iv" - Author: Michael Ben Zehabe

Quotes About Harmony In Nature

"The mysterious manner in which this growing sense of unity commingles with a sense of utter goodness is worth noting. It arises by no effort of mine; rather does it come to me out of I know not where. Harmony appears gradually and flows through my whole being like music. An infinite tenderness takes possession of me, smoothing away the harsh cynicism which a reiterated experience of human ingratitude and human treachery has driven deeply into my temperament. I feel the fundamental benignity of Nature despite the apparent manifestation of ferocity. Like the sounds of every instrument in an orchestra that is in tune, all things and all people seem to drop into the sweet relationship that subsists within the Great Mothers own heart." - Author: Paul Brunton

Quotes About Psikologi

"Jelasnya, keutamaan al-Quran untuk menitikberatkan perbuatan dan proses mengetahui daripada tempat fizikal ilmu. Proses berfikir dan mengetahui dalam al-Quran dijelaskan oleh beberapa kata kerja seperti aqila, faqiha, tafakkara, hasiba, zanna, itibara, tadabbara dan hakima yang semuanya mesti bermula daripada data dan fakta persepsi indera. Pemikiran dalam Islam seharusnya berteraskan fakta atau data sama ada tentang alam, tabii, hakikat fizikal dan psikologi manusia dan aliran sejarah. Malahan, dalam pemikiran dan renungan mengenai kewujudan Allah yang ghaib umpamanya, al-Quran menarik perhatian akal manusia supaya berhujah daripada persekitara tabii, sejarah dan kejiwaannya dan pengalamannya, yang bertebaran di sepanjang halamannya." - Author: Wan Mohd Nor Wan Daud