"For Several Moments, Mary Couldn't Hear Anything Over The Violent Pounding Of Her Pulse."
Author: Y.S. Lee Quotes
- Katherine Dunham Quotes (21 sayings)
- Wayne Gretzky Quotes (20 sayings)
- John Petit Senn Quotes (3 sayings)
- Ed Harris Quotes (23 sayings)
- Dian Dermawan Quotes (1 sayings)
- Ilse Aichinger Quotes (1 sayings)
- Fallout 3 Quotes (1 sayings)
- Quentin Tarantino Quotes (30 sayings)
- B Barmanbek Quotes (9 sayings)
- Christine Lagarde Quotes (6 sayings)
There is a huge trapdoor waiting to open under anyone who is critical of so-called 'popular culture' or (to redefine this subject) anyone who is uneasy about the systematic, massified cretinization of the major media. If you denounce the excess coverage, you are yourself adding to the excess. If you show even a slight knowledge of the topic, you betray an interest in something that you wish to denounce as unimportant or irrelevant. Some writers try to have this both ways, by making their columns both 'relevant' and 'contemporary' while still manifesting their self-evident superiority. Thus—I paraphrase only slightly—'Even as we all obsess about Paris Hilton, the people of Darfur continue to die.' A pundit like (say) Bob Herbert would be utterly lost if he could not pull off such an apparently pleasing and brilliant 'irony."
Author: Christopher Hitchens