"He Never Really Voice Pure, Raw Outrage To Me About Watergate Or What It Represented. The Crimes And Abuses Were Background Music. Nixon Was Trying To Subvert Not Only The Law But The Bureau. So Watergate Became Felt's Instrument To Reassert The Bureau's Independence And Thus Its Supremacy. In The End, The Bureau Was Damaged, Seriously But Not Permanently, While Nixon Lost Much More, Maybe Everything - The Presidency, Power, And Whatever Moral Authority He Might Have Had. He Was Disgraced. But Surviving And Enduring His Hidden Life, In Contrast And In His Own Way, Mark Felt Won."
Author: Bob Woodward Quotes
- Marc Olmsted Quotes (2 sayings)
- Florian Armas Quotes (3 sayings)
- John Landis Quotes (9 sayings)
- Thomas Kretschmann Quotes (5 sayings)
- Bill McKean Quotes (1 sayings)
- Stanley Marcus Quotes (1 sayings)
- Marino Marini Quotes (1 sayings)
- Laura Schroff Quotes (4 sayings)
- Martina Tutkova Quotes (1 sayings)
- George Seferis Quotes (4 sayings)
Going away isn't going to help as much as you think. The memory stays with you, and the stain. It's not something you slough off once you leave."
Author: Azar Nafisi