"How Do You Gag The Voice In Your Head That Says, 'You Don't Have To Go To The Gym Today. There's Always Tomorrow. C'mon, My Friend, It's Just One Plate Of Curly Fries. Yes, Just For You!' (My Inner Voice Reminds Me Of A Particularly Aggressive Rug Salesman At A Turkish Bazaar.)"
Author: A.J. Jacobs Quotes
- Belle Whittington Quotes (6 sayings)
- Satyajit Das Quotes (2 sayings)
- Janette Oke Quotes (20 sayings)
- Edith Lovejoy Pierce Quotes (1 sayings)
- Bernadette Pajer Quotes (2 sayings)
- Stephen E Ambrose Quotes (5 sayings)
- Lyn Hejinian Quotes (1 sayings)
- S Elle Cameron Quotes (4 sayings)
- Ursula K Le Guin Quotes (395 sayings)
- LFYoung Quotes (1 sayings)
Remember William Blake who said: "Improvement makes straight, straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement are roads of genius."The truth is, life itself, is always startling, strange, unexpected. But when the truth is told about it everybody knows at once that it is life itself and not made up.But in ordinary fiction, movies, etc, everything is smoothed out to seem plausible--villains made bad, heroes splendid, heroines glamorous, and so on, so that no one believes a word"
Author: Brenda Ueland