"I Find Placebos Uplifting And Exhilarating. It Means That Taking Action--no Matter What The Action Is--might Help You Feel Better."
Author: A.J. Jacobs Quotes
- Adi Shankaracarya Quotes (5 sayings)
- Annette Hoggs Jackson Quotes (1 sayings)
- Aaron Siskind Quotes (4 sayings)
- Louise Rennison Quotes (116 sayings)
- Helen Keller Quotes (128 sayings)
- Eliza Gaynor Minden Quotes (1 sayings)
- Tom Verlaine Quotes (12 sayings)
- Rachel Ticotin Quotes (2 sayings)
- Theodore Robinson Quotes (2 sayings)
- Lady Nancy Astor Quotes (1 sayings)
The democratic nations that have introduced freedom into their political constitution at the very time when they were augmenting the despotism of their administrative constitution have been led into strange paradoxes. To manage those minor affairs in which good sense is all that is wanted, the people are held to be unequal to the task; but when the government of the country is at stake, the people are invested with immense powers; they are alternately made the play things of their ruler, and his masters, more than kings and less than men. After having exhausted all the different modes of election without finding one to suit their purpose, they are still amazed and still bent on seeking further; as if the evil they notice did not originate in the constitution of the country far more than in that of the electoral body."
Author: Alexis De Tocqueville