"I Mean, I've Been In A Hundred And Fifty Films; I Don't Want To Just Sit Around And Talk About Things."
Author: Michael Ironside Quotes
- David Marusek Quotes (8 sayings)
- Annie Parisse Quotes (2 sayings)
- Richard Blackaby Quotes (3 sayings)
- Miriam Peskowitz Quotes (1 sayings)
- Madeline Dyer Quotes (1 sayings)
- Tehmina Durrani Quotes (5 sayings)
- Chuck Norris Quotes (18 sayings)
- Eric C Anderson Quotes (1 sayings)
- Craig Charles Quotes (15 sayings)
- Samantha Morton Quotes (19 sayings)
Mr. Marsham was born (in 1822) into a world that was still essentially medieval—a place of candlelight, medicinal leeches, travel at walking pace, news from afar that was always weeks or months old—and lived to see the introduction of one marvel after another: steamships and speeding trains, telegraphy, photography, anesthesia, indoor plumbing, gas lighting, antisepsis in medicine, refrigeration, telephones, electric lights, recorded music, cars and planes, skyscrapers, motion pictures, radio, and literally tens of thousands of tiny things more, from mass-produced bars of soap to push-along lawn mowers."
Author: Bill Bryson