"If The Britannica Has Taught Me Anything, It's To Be More Careful. I Don't Want To Turn Into An Unseemly Noun Or Verb Or Adjective Someday. I Don't Want To Be Like Charles Boycott, The Landlord In Ireland Who Refused To Lower Rents During A Famine, Leading To The Original Boycott. I Don't Want To Be Like Charles Lynch, Who Headed An Irregular Court That Hung Loyalists During The Revolutionary War. I Can't Have "Jacobs" Be A Verb That Means Staying Home All The Time Or Washing Your Hands Too Frequently."
Author: A.J. Jacobs Quotes
- Nancy Leigh DeMoss Quotes (8 sayings)
- Dave Ramsey Quotes (13 sayings)
- Norman O Brown Quotes (12 sayings)
- Suzanne Young Quotes (46 sayings)
- Haley Barbour Quotes (7 sayings)
- John Burnside Quotes (9 sayings)
- Paul Winchell Quotes (3 sayings)
- James Tenney Quotes (1 sayings)
- Marilyn Tavenner Quotes (2 sayings)
- James McAllister Quotes (1 sayings)
The goodness of our intentions was in direct correlation to the heights from which we condescended to each other."
Author: Adam Levin