"If The Britannica Has Taught Me Anything, It's To Be More Careful. I Don't Want To Turn Into An Unseemly Noun Or Verb Or Adjective Someday. I Don't Want To Be Like Charles Boycott, The Landlord In Ireland Who Refused To Lower Rents During A Famine, Leading To The Original Boycott. I Don't Want To Be Like Charles Lynch, Who Headed An Irregular Court That Hung Loyalists During The Revolutionary War. I Can't Have "Jacobs" Be A Verb That Means Staying Home All The Time Or Washing Your Hands Too Frequently."
Author: A.J. Jacobs Quotes
- Eulalia Marques Quotes (1 sayings)
- Antoinette Brown Blackwell Quotes (3 sayings)
- Burt Rutan Quotes (22 sayings)
- Omar Kiam Quotes (5 sayings)
- Candace Cameron Bure Quotes (14 sayings)
- Mike Addington Quotes (1 sayings)
- Che Acebido Quotes (1 sayings)
- Alison Croggon Quotes (13 sayings)
- Alfonso Ribeiro Quotes (2 sayings)
- Kenichi Fukui Quotes (10 sayings)
That's the thing," Jo says. "You think you know what you're in for. I mean, you tell yourself that, of course, it's not going to be wine and roses and all of that bullshit for the rest of your life, but then, one day, you wake up, and your fucking husband has morphed into someone whom you barely recognize. And you sit there and you stare at him while he scratches his balls through his underwear at the kitchen table, and you think, 'This is totally not what I signed up for. I mean, who knows if I even love this ball-scratching, foul-breathed man?' And then you wonder if you love him more out of habit than out of anything else." She chews the inside of her lip and considers. "And I guess from there, all bets are off."
Author: Allison Winn Scotch