"Images Are Taking Over, And Writers Are A Dying Breed. The Norman Mailers Of Today Are Reduced To Writing Pun-filled Captions For Paparazzi Photos. Blogs--which Were Threatening Enough To Professional Writers--are Being Replaced By Video Blogs. We Writers Need To Embraced The Second Commandment As Our Rallying Cry For The Importance Of Words. In A Literally Biblical World, All Publications Would Look Like The Front Page Of The Wall Street Journal. Or The Way It Used To Look, Anyway."
Author: A.J. Jacobs Quotes
- Susanna Kearsley Quotes (33 sayings)
- Luci Swindoll Quotes (3 sayings)
- Pantea Konn Quotes (1 sayings)
- Sierra Dean Quotes (10 sayings)
- Meg Maguire Quotes (2 sayings)
- David Brooks Quotes (34 sayings)
- Khalil Gibran Quotes (22 sayings)
- Lee Marvin Quotes (4 sayings)
- Matthew McGrory Quotes (13 sayings)
- RM Engelhardt Quotes (12 sayings)
I was at once content and stimulated with what I saw: I liked what I had seen, and wished to see more. Yet, for a long time, I treated you distantly, and sought your company rarely. I was an intellectual epicure, and wished to prolong the gratification of making this novel and piquant acquaintance: besides, I was for a while troubled with a haunting fear that if I handled the flower freely its bloom would fade-the sweet charm of freshness would leave it. I did not then know that it was no transitory blossom; but rather the radiant resemblance of one, cut in an indestructible gem."
Author: Charlotte Brontë