"In Deuteronomy 5:9 The Bible Says "I The Lord Your God Am A Jealous God, Visiting The Iniquity Of The Fathers Upon The Children To The Third And The Fourth Generation Of Those Who Hate Me." I Used To Find This An Appallling Sentence...But I've Come To Appreciate It. The Trick Is, You Have To See The Passage As A Warning That Your Moral Failings Will Affect Your Kids' Ability To Make The Right Choices. If You Beat Your Son, He'll Be More Likely To Beat His Son. If You Get Angry At Cantaloupe-related Mishaps, Your Son Will Too. What Better Deterrent Could There Be To Bad Behavior?"
Author: A.J. Jacobs Quotes
- Bayard Taylor Quotes (20 sayings)
- John Churton Collins Quotes (7 sayings)
- Hillary Rodham Clinton Quotes (14 sayings)
- Mel Ott Quotes (1 sayings)
- Richard K Morgan Quotes (59 sayings)
- Carman Licciardello Quotes (1 sayings)
- Chi Chi Rodriguez Quotes (8 sayings)
- Nadine Rose Larter Quotes (2 sayings)
- Cherry Jones Quotes (5 sayings)
- Milton Babbitt Quotes (1 sayings)
As so many commitments demand your timeOr your shut-eye important be,Your attraction to me must in some way lack,Such a pity to spend time on thee."
Author: Charlotte M. Liebel