"In Deuteronomy 5:9 The Bible Says "I The Lord Your God Am A Jealous God, Visiting The Iniquity Of The Fathers Upon The Children To The Third And The Fourth Generation Of Those Who Hate Me." I Used To Find This An Appallling Sentence...But I've Come To Appreciate It. The Trick Is, You Have To See The Passage As A Warning That Your Moral Failings Will Affect Your Kids' Ability To Make The Right Choices. If You Beat Your Son, He'll Be More Likely To Beat His Son. If You Get Angry At Cantaloupe-related Mishaps, Your Son Will Too. What Better Deterrent Could There Be To Bad Behavior?"
Author: A.J. Jacobs Quotes
- William Matthews Quotes (1 sayings)
- Curly Howard Quotes (5 sayings)
- Richard Mc Sweeney Quotes (1 sayings)
- Virat Kohli Quotes (21 sayings)
- George Du Maurier Quotes (1 sayings)
- Bertrand De Jouvenel Quotes (10 sayings)
- Shaun White Quotes (16 sayings)
- Gary Hamel Quotes (24 sayings)
- Kamal Ravikant Quotes (29 sayings)
- Zezinho Quotes (1 sayings)
How great You are, My God! You are beyond my understanding! The number of Your years is past finding out. You draw up the drops of water, which distill as rain to the streams; the clouds pour down their moisture and abundant showers fall on mankind. Who can understand how You spread out the clouds, how You thunder from Your pavilion? (Job 36:26–29)"
Author: Beth Moore