"In Deuteronomy 5:9 The Bible Says "I The Lord Your God Am A Jealous God, Visiting The Iniquity Of The Fathers Upon The Children To The Third And The Fourth Generation Of Those Who Hate Me." I Used To Find This An Appallling Sentence...But I've Come To Appreciate It. The Trick Is, You Have To See The Passage As A Warning That Your Moral Failings Will Affect Your Kids' Ability To Make The Right Choices. If You Beat Your Son, He'll Be More Likely To Beat His Son. If You Get Angry At Cantaloupe-related Mishaps, Your Son Will Too. What Better Deterrent Could There Be To Bad Behavior?"
Author: A.J. Jacobs Quotes
- Rick Roirdan Quotes (2 sayings)
- Ali MacGraw Quotes (17 sayings)
- David Slavitt Quotes (1 sayings)
- Ngagpa Yeshe Dorje Quotes (1 sayings)
- Lu Tung Quotes (1 sayings)
- Emily Kinney Quotes (3 sayings)
- Arina Tanemura Quotes (12 sayings)
- Joanna Trollope Quotes (17 sayings)
- Hermione Ranfurly Quotes (1 sayings)
- Assaf Gavron Quotes (1 sayings)
People have nannies and big cars, and they want to go to Maui for Christmas. When there are those kind of stakes involved, people get ruthless."
Author: Amy Sherman Palladino