"I've Even Come To A Conclusion That Would Get Me Blackballed From Ever Setting Foot In Liberal Education Circles Again. That Is This: Colonialism Wasn't 100 Percent Evil. More Like 96 Percent Evil. Sometimes The Colonizing Culture Actually Made Moral Improvements In The Native Culture. I Came To This Conclusion While Reading About The Abolition Of The Indian Custom Of Widow Burning. In Pre-British India, A Man's Widow Was Burned Alongside His Corpse. The British Colonialists Put A Stop To That. So Yes, They Criminally Oppressed An Entire People. But Like A Robber Who Fills Up The Ice Trays While He Steals The TV, They Did A Smidgeon Of Good."
Author: A.J. Jacobs Quotes
- Dominique De Menil Quotes (4 sayings)
- John OHurley Quotes (1 sayings)
- Saadat Hasan Manto Quotes (8 sayings)
- Sakshi Chetana Quotes (5 sayings)
- Fazlur Rahman Quotes (21 sayings)
- Abu Bakar Bashir Quotes (24 sayings)
- Carter Dickson Quotes (9 sayings)
- Robert J Crane Quotes (2 sayings)
- Erik Erikson Quotes (23 sayings)
- Bret Harte Quotes (10 sayings)
Alex decided he'd had enough. He put down his knife. "All right," he said. "You've made it pretty clear that you don't want to work with me. Well, that's fine. Because I don't want to work with you either. And for what it's worth, nobody would ever believe you were my mom because no mom would ever behave like you." "Alex…," Carver began. "Forget it! I'm going back to London. And if you're Mr. Byrne asks why, you can tell him I didn't like the jelly, so I went home to get some jam."
Author: Anthony Horowitz