"I've Even Come To A Conclusion That Would Get Me Blackballed From Ever Setting Foot In Liberal Education Circles Again. That Is This: Colonialism Wasn't 100 Percent Evil. More Like 96 Percent Evil. Sometimes The Colonizing Culture Actually Made Moral Improvements In The Native Culture. I Came To This Conclusion While Reading About The Abolition Of The Indian Custom Of Widow Burning. In Pre-British India, A Man's Widow Was Burned Alongside His Corpse. The British Colonialists Put A Stop To That. So Yes, They Criminally Oppressed An Entire People. But Like A Robber Who Fills Up The Ice Trays While He Steals The TV, They Did A Smidgeon Of Good."
Author: A.J. Jacobs Quotes
- Ngrjuna Quotes (5 sayings)
- Michel De Certeau Quotes (11 sayings)
- Author Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes (1 sayings)
- Erik Von Kuehnelt Leddihn Quotes (6 sayings)
- Angela Khristin Brown Quotes (15 sayings)
- Pam Henderson Quotes (1 sayings)
- Heidi W Durrow Quotes (10 sayings)
- David Cassidy Quotes (18 sayings)
- John Walker Lindh Quotes (5 sayings)
- Mary Ellen Edmunds Quotes (4 sayings)
I'm supposed to trust you?""No," he said. He picked up the phone. "Put her sister on." A second later hehanded the small silver device to her.Summer felt a second of panic—after all, this tiny piece of metal and circuitryunlocked doors, turned off death traps and blew up houses. God knows what wouldhappen if she pushed the wrong button."
Author: Anne Stuart