"I've Even Come To A Conclusion That Would Get Me Blackballed From Ever Setting Foot In Liberal Education Circles Again. That Is This: Colonialism Wasn't 100 Percent Evil. More Like 96 Percent Evil. Sometimes The Colonizing Culture Actually Made Moral Improvements In The Native Culture. I Came To This Conclusion While Reading About The Abolition Of The Indian Custom Of Widow Burning. In Pre-British India, A Man's Widow Was Burned Alongside His Corpse. The British Colonialists Put A Stop To That. So Yes, They Criminally Oppressed An Entire People. But Like A Robber Who Fills Up The Ice Trays While He Steals The TV, They Did A Smidgeon Of Good."
Author: A.J. Jacobs Quotes
- Ruth Ann Minner Quotes (6 sayings)
- George Gillespie Quotes (5 sayings)
- Sara Gilbert Quotes (14 sayings)
- Greg Daniels Quotes (2 sayings)
- Stephanie Bedwell Grime Quotes (1 sayings)
- Ahmet Ertegun Quotes (19 sayings)
- Nicholas Butler Quotes (1 sayings)
- Ed Helms Quotes (15 sayings)
- Philip G Zimbardo Quotes (9 sayings)
- Ivy Yuelle Quotes (1 sayings)
As a child, people were always trying to photograph and film me because it's a way for a shy person to find themselves."
Author: Bruce Weber