"I've Even Come To A Conclusion That Would Get Me Blackballed From Ever Setting Foot In Liberal Education Circles Again. That Is This: Colonialism Wasn't 100 Percent Evil. More Like 96 Percent Evil. Sometimes The Colonizing Culture Actually Made Moral Improvements In The Native Culture. I Came To This Conclusion While Reading About The Abolition Of The Indian Custom Of Widow Burning. In Pre-British India, A Man's Widow Was Burned Alongside His Corpse. The British Colonialists Put A Stop To That. So Yes, They Criminally Oppressed An Entire People. But Like A Robber Who Fills Up The Ice Trays While He Steals The TV, They Did A Smidgeon Of Good."
Author: A.J. Jacobs Quotes
- Clare Francis Quotes (1 sayings)
- Graham Nelson Quotes (17 sayings)
- John Brockman Quotes (13 sayings)
- Peace Pilgrim Quotes (21 sayings)
- Janet Burroway Quotes (4 sayings)
- Jim Bishop Quotes (16 sayings)
- Marina Quotes (2 sayings)
- Jane Mendelsohn Quotes (2 sayings)
- Scott Patterson Quotes (6 sayings)
- Official Barbie Michelle Quotes (3 sayings)
I could get through this. I would be strong because I was so close to achieving my dream of having my kids together."
Author: Abeba Habtu