"I've Got A Grammy And Emmy, I'd Like To Have A Tony."
Author: Cyndi Lauper Quotes
- Jackie Kessler Quotes (7 sayings)
- Anne EG Nydam Quotes (1 sayings)
- Ben McLemore Quotes (4 sayings)
- Milkweed L Augustine Quotes (1 sayings)
- Cyndi Tefft Quotes (8 sayings)
- Poeticmusings Quotes (1 sayings)
- Olympia Snowe Quotes (17 sayings)
- Brian Zahnd Quotes (2 sayings)
- Brande Roderick Quotes (8 sayings)
- Jon Kalman Stefansson Quotes (22 sayings)
My hips bristle with totems and talismans, proof that I am not simply a character in a fixed book or film. I am no single narrative. As neither Rebecca de Winter nor Jane Eyre, I am free to revise my story, to reinvent myself, my world, at any given moment. Advancing beside Archer, I am resplendent in my savage finery of seized power. In my service charge the collected blackguards of a dozen tyrants now dispatched to a lesser oblivion. My fingers, stained crimson with the blood of despots, are not the fingers which paged through the paper lives of helpless romantic heroines. No more am I a passive damsel who waits for circumstance to decide her fate; now have I become the scalawag, the swashbuckler, the Heathcliff of my dreams bent on rescuing myself. For now do I embody all the traits I had so hoped to find in Goran. Meaning: No longer am I limited."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk