"I've Taped A List To My Bathroom Mirror. It's My Most Violated List. . . Anger. I Gave The Finger To An ATM. You See, The ATM Charged Me A $1.75 Fee For Withdrawl. A Dollar Seventy-five? That's Bananas. So I Flipped Off The Screen. As Julie Tells Me, When You Start Making Rude Gestures To Inanimate Objects, It's Time To Work On Your Anger Issues. Mine Is Not The Shouting, Pulsing-vein-in-the Forehead Rage. Like My Dad, I Rarely Raise My Voice. My Anger Problem Is More One Of Long-lasting Resentment. It's A Heap Of Real Or Perceived Slights That Eventually Build Up Into A Mountain Of Bitterness. . . Get Some Perspective. . . I Ask Myself The Question God Asked Jonah. 'Do You Do Well To Be Angry?'. . .The World Will Not End. . . Mute Your Petty Resentment."
Author: A.J. Jacobs Quotes
- Northern Adams Quotes (4 sayings)
- Pamela Todd Quotes (9 sayings)
- Jean Johnson Quotes (4 sayings)
- Robert MacNeil Quotes (13 sayings)
- Joseph T Hallinan Quotes (2 sayings)
- Jens Bjorneboe Quotes (3 sayings)
- Raphael Saadiq Quotes (16 sayings)
- T Webb Quotes (1 sayings)
- Irvin D Yalom Quotes (91 sayings)
- Krystell Lake Quotes (1 sayings)
The moment artists can just do what they love to do then music will go right back to where it used to be. I mean back in the '60s and '70s and '80s, that's what it was."