"I've Taped A List To My Bathroom Mirror. It's My Most Violated List. . . Anger. I Gave The Finger To An ATM. You See, The ATM Charged Me A $1.75 Fee For Withdrawl. A Dollar Seventy-five? That's Bananas. So I Flipped Off The Screen. As Julie Tells Me, When You Start Making Rude Gestures To Inanimate Objects, It's Time To Work On Your Anger Issues. Mine Is Not The Shouting, Pulsing-vein-in-the Forehead Rage. Like My Dad, I Rarely Raise My Voice. My Anger Problem Is More One Of Long-lasting Resentment. It's A Heap Of Real Or Perceived Slights That Eventually Build Up Into A Mountain Of Bitterness. . . Get Some Perspective. . . I Ask Myself The Question God Asked Jonah. 'Do You Do Well To Be Angry?'. . .The World Will Not End. . . Mute Your Petty Resentment."
Author: A.J. Jacobs Quotes
- Helder Camara Quotes (6 sayings)
- Andie MacDowell Quotes (14 sayings)
- Harper Bentley Quotes (2 sayings)
- Jules Feiffer Quotes (7 sayings)
- Phil Stutz Quotes (2 sayings)
- Bonnie Friedman Quotes (7 sayings)
- Debra Kayn Quotes (1 sayings)
- J Don Cook Quotes (2 sayings)
- Mindy Cohn Quotes (4 sayings)
- DeAnne Blanton And Lauren M Cook Quotes (1 sayings)
And his eyes frighten me, too. They're the eyes of an old man, an old man who's seen so much in life that he no longer cares to go on living. They're not even desperate... just quiet and expectant, and very, very lonely, as if he were quite alone of his own free choice."
Author: Anne Holm