"Read As Widely And As Deeply As You Can. You Have To Be A Reader Before You Can Be A Writer."
Author: Y.S. Lee Quotes
- Tommy Shaw Quotes (16 sayings)
- Maude Adams Quotes (8 sayings)
- Nora Dunn Quotes (6 sayings)
- Trevor Phillips Quotes (8 sayings)
- Dian Nafi Quotes (112 sayings)
- Felix Y Siauw Quotes (5 sayings)
- Richard Due Quotes (5 sayings)
- William Leal Quotes (1 sayings)
- MK Hobson Quotes (3 sayings)
- Saravana Kumar Murugan Quotes (4 sayings)
When I was cooking I enjoyed a sense of being ‘out' of myself. The action of dicing vegetables and warming oil made my hands tingle and my thoughts switch to a different hemisphere, right brain rather than left, or left rather than right. In my mind there were many rooms and, just as I still got lost in the labyrinth of corridors at college, I often found myself lost, with a sense of déjà vu, in some obscure part of my cerebral cortex, the part of the brain that plays a key role in perceptual awareness, attention and memory. Everything I had lived through or imagined or dreamed appeared to have been backed up on a video clip and then scattered among those alien rooms. I could stumble into any number of scenes, from the horrifically sexual, horror-movie sequences that were crude and painful, to visualizing Grandpa polishing his shoes."
Author: Alice Jamieson